• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What, in your opinion, is the best weight for 6ft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepingGhost

White Belt
Reaction score
Different people want different things and so obviously there is not ideal weight for any height. I want to be balanced - To be physically bigger than average, but not be fat, to be strong and agile. I'll soon be taking up judo and boxing, both for self defense but I'll eventually compete in judo (maybe boxing also), and I want to know what weight to get to and settle on. I weigh 83kg (low enough bf, not ripped) now. I feel I'm still quite skinny for 6ft and plan on keeping a casual bulk up for the foreseeable future. I've just come from 77kg this time last year. Weight training 3 times a week (SS). (140kg dead, 130kg squat, 90kg bench, 57kg OHP)

So what weight do you think would make the best fighter both for self defense and in competition in these two arts? Physical appearance matters a bit, but I guess I can cut slowly once I reach my ideal weight.

All opinions, experiences, thoughts on this appreciated.

185 might be the best fit for you, depends. Personally I'd go for 170, but if you're too skinny and need bulk, 185 is the place to go.

I'm 6 foot as well TS, about the same weight, but I've lost significant mass because of some injuries. I'll tell you that the bigger I got the more mobility I lost (shocking, I know) and I didn't really realize it until I had it back. I won't go bigger than 180 or so again.

That seems to be the sweet spot for my body at least.

Depends on your frame, IMO. I'm 5'9" and look quite fat around 155lbs.

this is a retarded question, every one has a different frame regardless if they are the same height

6ft basically fits into any weight class out there.

The best weight class for you is probably the one that lines up with the body weight you naturally end up at when you're training often and regularly.

I'm 6'2 and I walk around at 200lbs and people say I look like a twig. =\

That sounds absurd. I'm 6'2" and down around 200lbs these days and people treat me as if I was some sort of juiced up gorilla. I think that's pretty absurd, but not as absurd as the twig thing. We're Okami-sized though. That's not small.

You're going to want to be at least 200 lbs. 6'0" 206 lbs. seems like a nice, athletic build. If you don't have mobility, it's because you haven't been stretching. CroCop was 6'2" 220-235 sometimes, and could do full splits.

Edit: I'm 6'2" ~222, but not quite lean, and people tell me I look like I work out.

Im 186cm and 105Kg or 6'1'' and 230lbs. Working my way down to LHW, I'm too small to excel at HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back