What is coming out of this tree stump?

Dream Evil

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Cut down a Dogwood tree on my property about 3-4 weeks ago. Within a few days, this orange gunk began seeping out. I haven't touched it but it looks like orange shaving cream or something.Tree1.jpgTree2.jpgTree3.jpgTree3.jpg

It sucks because dogwoods are some of my favorite trees, but they seem to be some of the most affected by these tree diseases.

Cheeseburger-patty-with-melted-cheese.jpg

These diseases can be spread to other trees when using the same saw on multiple trees when pruning.

Good to know. I pretty much only use my chainsaw to take down or piece up trees that have already come down.

I watched a video on ordinary guy making maple syrup from start to finish. Didn't see him plugging the holes he drilled to leak the sap out. He collected several buckets of clear liquid from the trees and boiled that down to maybe a couple of small bottles of brown syrup.

I am not sure what it is, but I would bet money it comes from China.

Harvest it into jars and gift it to your senior work colleagues telling them it’s an “Organic Tree Tree Elixir”.

They will not only appreciate your gesture but if any of them die you will have cleared yourself a path for promotion by taking out a few higher ups!

You should have burnt that tree down to the ground.

Back