Media What is Herb Dean doing here?

Amazing... that is really bad. What the fuck was herb looking at?

Herb was once a reliable ref, one of the best. And now he is so bad he is actually a danger to the fighters. And I thought that refs got better with age and experience..

You could argue that no actuall strikes got through the guard or caused damage. CB quit but didn't want to tap to strikes.
This isn't a good example but I hate when fights stop from people covering up with ground and pound. That is intelligent defence until it becomes excessive(like this example)

I stand corrected and will delete my earlier post criticizing Herb

Whoever made the clip that was tweeted intentionally added music to blur out the horn sounding the end of the round.

You could hear Herb saying "he tapped? I didn't see no tap!" but regardless the round was over immediately after he let go of the choke, and before the opponent punched him.

Dude sorta deserved the late punch for trying to win a fight by lying to the ref that his opponent tapped
and the truth comes out! but none of these fucking assholes are going to admit they were wrong for reflexively piling on herb dean.

Herb Dean, the worst in the business.
yup. but 2 weeks later they changed it to a no-contest

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11...razy-meeting-with-acb-officials-before-firing

apparently the dude who got ktfo'd after the bell was being a douchebag before the fight, but the main issue with him is that he sold wolf tickets to the referee trying to manipulate him into stopping the fight. the commission didnt like that one bit so they took his DQ win away, disqualified him as well for trying to cheat the referee, and then ruled it a no contest

i think they both got fired after that. nagibin did for sure. oh yeah actually after reading that article its pretty clear that georgi got shitcanned too
End result was a DQ win for Georgi Karakhanyan. Later changed to a NC by whatever commision oversees Moscow, Russia.

Good question. Answer: No. Gets murky with the new replay rules. A ref can "stop the action" to check if a foul was committed if a fighter is in trouble from a suspect strike. However, the ref must specifically announce that he is stopping the fight to check replay. If he is correct and a foul was committed, the fouled fighter has a chance to recover. If he is incorrect and no foul was committed, this counts as "ending the fight" and a tko is awarded to other fighter.

Once the action is stopped due to damage, the fight cannot and should not be restarted. Ref has made his decision for the fighter's safety and it's up to commision from there.

BTW people, watch the actual fight. Herb is not at fault here. You could name a handful of other events, but this thread is full of slander.

Herb Dean used to be one of the best but idk whats wrong with him recently hes been making alot of bad calls.

Might be time to retire

I’ve been saying this for years. It’s bitter sweet to see that everyone’s finally realised he’s not up too par. He’s compromised.

no, it happened 2 years ago

its fairly safe to say that these two guys dont like each other, and the beef definately was not squashed after that one ended
The dude that got punched has a legit beef there. That's some see you outside shit.

herb dean takes home something like 500K a year. Dude shouldn't be making more then fighters.

Dan was not a good commentator at all. he was too buusy promoting himself and calling everything an early stoppage.
The only worse thing is DC and Bisping together at once.
It should be Rogan, Goldy and Anik. Rogan for random yelling, Goldy for the lols and Anik to be a middle ground.
I liked the first part of this post but DC and Bisping are the two best commentators.

This thread is a great example of how people make wrong judgements based on short clips without context. It seems very easy to manipulate ignorant masses who want to jump to conclusions based on their bias unfortunately.

Be more critical and do more research chaps, don't know what else could make internet more credible. If you don't have time for it, refrain from commenting retweeting etc the things you don't understand clearly.

herb dean is supposed to be a top tier professional but fucks up multiple times per card. imagine if a doctor made the same amount of mistakes that herb does in surgery. herbal dean needs to retire at this point. he is p4p the worst ref in the business but is coddled by everyone for some reason.
Medical error is high on the mortality chart.

This thread is a great example of how people make wrong judgements based on short clips without context. It seems very easy to manipulate ignorant masses who want to jump to conclusions based on their bias unfortunately.

Be more critical and do more research chaps, don't know what else could make internet more credible. If you don't have time for it, refrain from commenting retweeting etc the things you don't understand clearly.

I don't want to watch the entire thing, what was the context exactly?

Holy shit, that is the worst refereeing I have ever seen, and I have seen all the awfulness from Cecil Peoples and Steve Mazzagati. I don't know what else to say, other than this is definitely the result of weed cooking his brain cells over the years.

I liked the first part of this post but DC and Bisping are the two best commentators.

They talk too muuch about random crap or themselves. Bisping misses stuff(understandable with his vision) and DC gets fixated on particular fighters and ignores the other.
Go back and watch older commentary. They talk less, mention big moments and concentrate on the fight more, but are less descriptive.
I tuurn it off regularly becauuse DC and Bisping will just talk abouut themselves. It becomes like their own podcast at times.

They talk too muuch about random crap or themselves. Bisping misses stuff(understandable with his vision) and DC gets fixated on particular fighters and ignores the other.
Go back and watch older commentary. They talk less, mention big moments and concentrate on the fight more, but are less descriptive.
I tuurn it off regularly becauuse DC and Bisping will just talk abouut themselves. It becomes like their own podcast at times.

You know that's a major thing I overlooked about it, they dont ever shut up.

I still think the best commentary team ever was Bas and Quadros.

It was like watching with really cool friends that were super knowledgeable.

They had a chemistry that the modern shit has zero to negative amounts of.

I love DC but he's god awful and so fucking biased.

Rogan doesn't even care anymore.

Anik puts me to sleep and repeats the same "catchphrases" all the time ad nauseam

Cruz has a big chip on his little shoulders
And works well with no one.

Felder is a boring know it all.

Bisping is ok.

You know that's a major thing I overlooked about it, they dont ever shut up.

I still think the best commentary team ever was Bas and Quadros.

It was like watching with really cool friends that were super knowledgeable.

They had a chemistry that the modern shit has zero to negative amounts of.

I love DC but he's god awful and so fucking biased.

Rogan doesn't even care anymore.

Anik puts me to sleep and repeats the same "catchphrases" all the time ad nauseam

Cruz has a big chip on his little shoulders
And works well with no one.

Felder is a boring know it all.

Bisping is ok.

I can agree with all that besides Bisping. He will be talking about a jab from someone whilst ignoring head kicks landing flush from his opponent.
He reguularly will talk about people lighting someone up and we are sitting there watching all the punches land to the guard. He needs a little monitor because of his depth perception being off.

In the end they are still doing a better job than all of us haha, but it's Sherdog so gotta criticise.

Dan was not a good commentator at all. he was too buusy promoting himself and calling everything an early stoppage.
The only worse thing is DC and Bisping together at once.
It should be Rogan, Goldy and Anik. Rogan for random yelling, Goldy for the lols and Anik to be a middle ground.
I don’t know what you look for in a commentator team but you just said hardy is the worst and Joe is one of the best. LMFAO. Joe can’t analyze a fight worth a shit and hardy actually has intelligent breakdowns. Blocked

Back