What is it with Americans claiming an NFL player will beat a UFC fighter in a fight?

Your last paragraph literally proves that you know that athleticism and bigger muscles help with fighting, hence why you'd prefer they don't train and get that advantage too.

I think it might be you who's coping.

Yeah, I don't deny it. Athleticism helps. As far as not wanting more meat heads learning, that's for my own convenience regarding self defense. LMAO. It doesn't mean that they'd actually be elite MMA fighters. Valiant attempt at winning an internet argument though.

EDIT: But use some logic. Muscle head with no training? 80% chance I mop the floor with them. So my point stands. Meat heads who don't train think their big muscles matter more than fight experience.

Yo why everybody tink Aspinall hit hard but Eddie Hall hit almost 5x what he did on the PowerKube bro is English ain't even play dat ting don't even know what football is no cap prolly tink it soccer fam 🚫🧢🏈🟰⚽

Aspinall be like "gimme 50geeeez on da cube Dana swear I'll stay interim and defend fam I ain't cappin fr 😢"

They were raised to believe that they are the best athletes on the planet and no other sporting athletes come close, despite the fact that they only have the gas tank to do anything for 30 seconds or less.

You'd have thought the Greg Hardy experiment would have killed the "A level athlete" talk but Sherdoggers have never been accused of being the brightest bunch.

It’s just Americana and propaganda.
For some reason athletes particularly Football Players and Baseball Players (Basketball players have been included in this since the 80’s) Are considered a measurement of Manliness/Strength to the general public. The athletic feats they display week in and week out definitely are impressive and a major talking point for the peon average persons week at their desk job.
They display speed, strength, decision making under pressure and other good qualities for “leadership” which makes the average person who wants to feel like they belong gravitate towards them and their success.

Obviously we’ve learned that the biggest dudes aren’t always and usually aren’t the strongest/best fighters and thankfully Boxing is a very old sport whose participants learn very quickly what fighting is actually like/about.
Proffesional Wrestling has also had a major impact on why people feel this way as Vince has loved 400lb behemoths since his boyhood.
Thankfully MMA is essentially what Pro Wrestling would be if it were an actual sport (Ironic that we have cage matches though)
People are beginning to realize it’s not about strength and size and also a majority of pro athletes seem to be displaying very opinionated assumptions about how normal people need to live their lives, the more famous they get the more they will drive the agenda of their elite masters.

Unless you’re Brock Lesnar or Conor McGregor you are probably going to say what people want you to say.

This has been one of the more redeemable qualities about Dana as he has become more and more pro 1st Amendment (although he has had times of extreme hypocrisy as well)

It’s not “some would turn out good”.

It’s “they would dominate the sport”. The champ and most of the top 10 in two divisions would be football players.

The level of physical traits and abilities of a NFL prospect is absurd.

Thats why people even consider the notion that an untrained NFL player could still win a fight.

An untrained anyone winning a fight against a UFC fighter is still retarded.

They are big and athletic. It definitely helps with MMA. There might be issues with concussions though.

Someone like Greg Hardy isn’t that bad. He just doesn’t have the experience. His losses are against people with double or triple the amount of fights. He also started out rather late with no martial arts background. There is just too much for someone to learn.

tell them to watch ufc 1....royce gracie showed that you could beat mutants if you have genuine martial arts mastery.

They are big and athletic. It definitely helps with MMA. There might be issues with concussions though.

Someone like Greg Hardy isn’t that bad. He just doesn’t have the experience. His losses are against people with double or triple the amount of fights. He also started out rather late with no martial arts background. There is just too much for someone to learn.

Exactly. I feel like I'm in bizarro world seeing people use Hardy, who was a fairly nobody NFL player (had 1 good season of 6), as an example.

He was basically 6-0 in the UFC until he gave #7 Volkov a good fight on short notice where he broke his hand in the 1st and still went to the decision. Then he also nearly KO'd Tai and Tybura IIRC. Only Spivac ran through him. He was top 15 lol.

He's also 6-2 since the UFC across combat sports, with 1 of the losses avenged.

Nobody's saying he's a world beater, but if Greg Hardy's your example you're kinda disproving your point that these NFL guys couldn't do fairly well if they switched sports.

Exactly. I feel like I'm in bizarro world seeing people use Hardy, who was a fairly nobody NFL player (had 1 good season of 6), as an example.

He was basically 6-0 in the UFC until he gave #7 Volkov a good fight on short notice where he broke his hand in the 1st and still went to the decision. Then he also nearly KO'd Tai and Tybura IIRC. Only Spivac ran through him. He was top 15 lol.

He's also 6-2 since the UFC across combat sports, with 1 of the losses avenged.

Nobody's saying he's a world beater, but if Greg Hardy's your example you're kinda disproving your point that these NFL guys couldn't do fairly well if they switched sports.
Too add to this Hardy was only a 6th round pick due to poor on paper athletic numbers (combine), quesitonable work ethic, and weakness against the run. He outperformed his draft stock but he was never hyped as some elite athlete, was actually the opposite.

A handful of MMA fans were making Greg Hardy almost a decade removed from his prime out to be this god like athlete which was a very exaggerated claim to make let's be real here.

Last edited:
Back