What is the situation on cold approaching?

My single friends are still doing it, but they're more careful about what they say. It's not that hard though, just compliment tastefully and segue into asking them if they'd like to go for a coffee sometime. The #metoo thing and the cultural war of the sexes promoted by the media has made guys more afraid. Younger generations are just psychologically weaker in general though. Gen Z is deathly afraid of breaking the rules or doing anything outside the norm (because they might get criticized). They've got "overprotected children" syndrome. They don't put themselves out there, and that's the second reason you don't see much cold approaching anymore.

My single friends are still doing it, but they're more careful about what they say. It's not that hard though, just compliment tastefully and segue into asking them if they'd like to go for a coffee sometime. The #metoo thing and the cultural war of the sexes promoted by the media has made guys more afraid. Younger generations are just psychologically weaker in general though. Gen Z is deathly afraid of breaking the rules or doing anything outside the norm (because they might get criticized). They've got "overprotected children" syndrome. They don't put themselves out there, and that's the second reason you don't see much cold approaching anymore.

Culture in general was more about men charming women with confidence or some opener or chasing women until they fall in love, now its all about women pre select men, women need to show interest before approaching and unless you are famous or super hot thats not gonna happen for most men in random day life situations.

Last edited:
At the store, I once saw this hot older petite woman wearing maybe Daffy Duck t-shirt saying Duck off. Maybe she gets too much attention, so she purposely wore that.

Guys don't want to be accused of sexual harassment.

She's comparing now to 10+ years ago. More people at her current age are married or in long term relationships already, and her looks have conceivably gone downhill.

“ hi I like Dragonballz and Karate kid, want to come back to my place”

OPs epic pickup lines lmao

it's not that people men are cold

it's that she is getting old, and men don't want it anymore.

She is not that old, she is nearing late 20s which is still not a bad age. A fit woman looks super hot in mid-30s. She is still in her mid-late 20s. She should be fine thoug.

In a big city, if you say hello to someone, it generally means you want something from them (or that’s the thought process). It tends to be true.
If you just make a comment on anything instead besides looks there’s more reciprocity, if she (or he) is in the mood to talk.

Ex: I was on the bus and saw some chick with a funky ass purse. I commented on it and asked where she got it. She ended up telling me she travelled and blah blah.

This is by far one of the best posts and I wish I could like it more than once. Worse case scenario, she might say thanks in a cold way or maybe not answer you at all. This would not reflect poorly on you since there was no devious intent on your part.

Best case scenario, you end up having lots of chemistry and it can lead to either a relationship or a friendship and she might hook you up with mutual friend or if you go out, she would provide social proofing.

Getting friend zoned can be beneficial for social status but most dudes who get friend zoned get all touchy feely about the girl and they never use her friendship to fish for other women.

We were aware of eachother for a long time, since our families live in the same village, but my parents moved away in the early 90's. Me, my mom and my sister used to go to visit my grandpa every summer and that's when we hung out.

This is a great scenario. I have a childhood acquaintance and although we never were close, I can kind of see how being tied to the past and having strong family friendship can potentially be good fundamentally.

Any pics of your friend OP? Then we’ll truly find out the real reason why no one is approaching her.

Just imagine the most average looking brunette on the planet.

This is crazy. There's always some seemingly normal dudes on here who start crying about how society is cockblocking them. And then some other dudes with dom complicated ass formula for how to talk to women. I just say hi. And then talk like a normal man.

It's amazing how easy it is.

Like my man @SugarKrok says, you pick something about her outfit or accessories and you compliment her. Or if she is in a bad mood, you ask if she is doing alright which makes you more empathic as oppose to typical approach which is self-serving and cookie cutter.

Funny how women have the power to ruin any man's life with a few words/single social media post and then wonder why they're being avoided. <45>

Work wise or small town, I agree with you 100 percent. But is it really bad if its just a random approach in a big city?

I just feel like people forget so quickly and even if you make it to the news, you lay low and its over. Most people have their own troubles in life and I dont think a stranger saying hello is so odious that leads to a chick wanting to destroy his life specially if the approach was respectful and low key.

Gee, do you think it could be all the videos online of screeching feminists online yelling at men and telling them not to approach women?

...at a guess.

I mean your not wrong per say but those are angry older women or extremely unattractive women. I feel like a semi-decent looking chick has enough going in her life to want to just avoid a confrontation. Also if the approach is ambiguous in nature, it would not be news worthy.

I agree with you 100 percent work wise or small towns. But I noticed there is an older gentleman at yoga who is middle eastern, bald, hairy, bulky and old. He hits on chicks pretty often. Still shows up and practices despite getting rejected and of course yoga studios have insane turn over rate and so you usually will not see most people anyways and not to mention, no one has complained and yesterday, a young lady in her late teens gave him her number and seemed excited about it.

He does it in a very bold way, I usually ask few questions and as I am rolling the mat, I mention how I love a good drink post-hot yoga. This is an implication of invitation and its up to them to take the bait or get the hint and I mention it very nonchalant.

She is not that old, she is nearing late 20s which is still not a bad age. A fit woman looks super hot in mid-30s. She is still in her mid-late 20s. She should be fine thoug.

This is by far one of the best posts and I wish I could like it more than once. Worse case scenario, she might say thanks in a cold way or maybe not answer you at all. This would not reflect poorly on you since there was no devious intent on your part.

Best case scenario, you end up having lots of chemistry and it can lead to either a relationship or a friendship and she might hook you up with mutual friend or if you go out, she would provide social proofing.

Getting friend zoned can be beneficial for social status but most dudes who get friend zoned get all touchy feely about the girl and they never use her friendship to fish for other women.

This is a great scenario. I have a childhood acquaintance and although we never were close, I can kind of see how being tied to the past and having strong family friendship can potentially be good fundamentally.

Just imagine the most average looking brunette on the planet.

Like my man @SugarKrok says, you pick something about her outfit or accessories and you compliment her. Or if she is in a bad mood, you ask if she is doing alright which makes you more empathic as oppose to typical approach which is self-serving and cookie cutter.

Work wise or small town, I agree with you 100 percent. But is it really bad if its just a random approach in a big city?

I just feel like people forget so quickly and even if you make it to the news, you lay low and its over. Most people have their own troubles in life and I dont think a stranger saying hello is so odious that leads to a chick wanting to destroy his life specially if the approach was respectful and low key.

I mean your not wrong per say but those are angry older women or extremely unattractive women. I feel like a semi-decent looking chick has enough going in her life to want to just avoid a confrontation. Also if the approach is ambiguous in nature, it would not be news worthy.

I agree with you 100 percent work wise or small towns. But I noticed there is an older gentleman at yoga who is middle eastern, bald, hairy, bulky and old. He hits on chicks pretty often. Still shows up and practices despite getting rejected and of course yoga studios have insane turn over rate and so you usually will not see most people anyways and not to mention, no one has complained and yesterday, a young lady in her late teens gave him her number and seemed excited about it.

He does it in a very bold way, I usually ask few questions and as I am rolling the mat, I mention how I love a good drink post-hot yoga. This is an implication of invitation and its up to them to take the bait or get the hint and I mention it very nonchalant.

I'm not sure why you quoted me. There would never come a day where I take your advice or anyone else's on these boards on how to pick up women. And again, that formulaic shit for approaching women is weird and kind of pathetic. Just be a normal man. Also don't be ugly.

I'm not sure why you quoted me. There would never come a day where I take your advice or anyone else's on these boards on how to pick up women. And again, that formulaic shit for approaching women is weird and kind of pathetic. Just be a normal man. Also don't be ugly.

You are posting and I quoted. No reason to be a diva about it.

You are posting and I quoted. No reason to be a diva about it.

I think you should go and pre-plan more ways how to talk to women based on tropes you learn online. They love being treated like unimportant npc collectibles by strangers.

I think you should go and pre-plan more ways how to talk to women based on tropes you learn online. They love being treated like unimportant npc collectibles by strangers.
This weirdo is obsessed with other peoples looks and lifestyles… he should worry more about not being a restaurant food driver living with his parents

A friend of mine was complaining that no guy is approaching her anymore. Mentioned that it was super common in the early 2010s and mid-2010s it kind of slowed down but Covid put an end to it.

Her friend mentioned that guys feel intimidated by her beauty and as if they are staring in to a sun that blinds them and unable to handle the heat of her radiant beauty that reigns supreme in a transcended light.

They asked for my thoughts and I was like ``yeah for sure its the sun thing``

My theory is that perhaps Covid did people in since the conclusion of Covid was on May 23 of 2023 and so pretty much 3 years of uncertainty and some mention it was the metoo but it makes no sense because it ain`t illegal to talk to random strangers and I worked security and literally the 911 folks would get annoyed by some petty complaints and would say to call non-emergency and they would show up 4 hours later to tell you to stop wasting police time.

Anyways, are people cold approaching in your state or province?

Some of these girls egos' are crazy. She probably has thousands if not millions of simps hitting on her especially if she is on social media. These girls think that they can do or act any way they want and simps will still kiss thier asses. However, the guys that they are really into--the top-tier, high value guys---will move on to the next girl, if there is any trouble.

Latest example--I'm working on four girls that work in some of the bars I go to. I just got one of their numbers today , btw. There is a 5th girl that I am not attracted to that claims that I am a creepy stalker. The other day I was trying to be cool w/ her, so I said "Hey, her name" and she told some of the other people that I was trying to be charming. She came closer to me and I said "Oh yeah, that was my best pickup line." The sarcasm just went over her head though bc of her ego.

Last edited:
"Hi.

I'm jeff7b9. Gold belt. 2013 join date. Over 1/1 like to post ratio AFTER the likepocolypse"

<{UberTS}>

Always worked pretty well back in the day.

Guaranteed to get the Boise dimes dripping.

PerfectBlaringCatbird-size_restricted.gif

This is crazy. There's always some seemingly normal dudes on here who start crying about how society is cockblocking them.

I think he was taking a shot at me. That's okay...

Culture in general was more about men charming women with confidence or some opener or chasing women until they fall in love, now its all about women pre select men, women need to show interest before approaching and unless you are famous or super hot thats not gonna happen for most men in random day life situations.

To be fair, women do pre select men. Guys would have a lot more success if they were better at reading a woman's interest. Of course sometimes she might have even seen you or you could win her over with charm, but women make it known they are into you and you just need to play into that.

Back