What is the worst advice you've received?

Being a tradesman isn't something you can fake it till you make it.
Are you kidding me? I've been an Electrician for 9 years now. Almost everyone is a retarded fake ass kisser.

Also if you read the post it's about him being a teacher coming from the trades 'faking it to make it.'

I feel like I'm talking to a first year apprentice right now. Should I dumb it down for you further?

Last edited:
“Trust the plan.”

I hate that shit.

Also, “you don’t know what you have till it’s gone so keep on with it”.

Are you kidding me? I've been an Electrician for 9 years now. Almost everyone is a retarded fake ass kisser.

Also if you read the post it's about him being a teacher coming from the trades 'faking it to make it.'

I feel like I'm talking to a first year apprentice right now. Should I dumb it down for you further?

1000000611.jpg

Anger I sense in you.

Be yourself
Follow your dreams
You can do or be whatever you want to

Say, if your girl starts actin' up, then you take her friend
The Sugarhill gang

I think all of that "money isn't everything" talk is coping.

Evey time someone says:
"You can't take it with you when you die."

I think: How's that affect me now?

Yeah, same with the "at least you have a job", "It's not the end of the world" and "It could be worse, you could be a starving child in Africa" bullshit.

It solves nothing and just drags the problem further down the line.

"Move back home and do what your brother did, he's doing alright"

-My mom after I dropped out of college

Glad I went my own way. Meanwhile my brother still lives at home and I own two houses. Neither of my parents lived the smartest of lives.

My wife received some shocking career advice when she did a short course, a certificate in business.

The teacher said to keep a copy of their job description on them and if asked to do anything outside of it to show said job description and say it's not part of my role.

I mean if you want to piss your boss off and make sure he knows you're not a team player and entitled as fuck go right ahead, otherwise this is terrible career advice.

Don't buy rentals or invest in real estate. This was when I was brand new to it and didn't know anything. If I had done that I wouldn't know everything that I do now or have the experience to build my own house.

What's the worst advice you've received?

- Follow your passion
- Just be yourself
- Just pull out, you'll be fine.
- You should join this site called "Sherdog"
- Etc?
All of the above.

P.S RIP.

Back