What is Whittaker's path to victory?

Accept that you are going to get taken down if Khamzat wannts to take you down. Now what? Work on submission defense, reversals and even takedowns yourself.

Something tells me Khamzat isn't a good defensive wrestler but no one ever wants to wrestle wrestlers from some reason. But honestly, Whittaker's path to victory IS letting Khamzat gas and push the pace. Khamzat is super hittable. You just have to avoid the wrestling onslaught at the beginning.

I absolutely love that Whittaker has 5 rounds to get this bum out of there. He won’t be able to be saved by 3 rounders like he was vs Usman and Burns.

Whittaker has the skillset to beat anyone in the division. But he also can get exposed by anyone too.

Whittaker has excellent wrestling, better striking, and great cardio. Khamzat fades after round one and will be in for a rough night if he can't finish it early.

Bobby Knucks is mega-proven in the cage, tweets won't be helping Khamzat.

Khamzat's capabilities are severely diminished after round 1.​

NO chance imho for Bobby to lose if it goes more than 1 round.

My mistake. I thought that was at 170. Still, Bobby is nothing like he's ever faced. He barely beat a washed up Usman making his debut at 185.

Sure, Bobby will be his biggest test in that division.

Whittaker by TKO or lopsided decision after Khamzat gasses out.

Actually, all the pressure is on Khamzat here. We all know Rob will go for a decision unless he is gifted an opening. Khamzat must finish this by the end of round two, because otherwise he will get dragged into deep waters and drowned.

if he gets rocked, Khamzat will finish, if there's one thing khamzat does well, that's finishing hurt opponents.

Against lower quality opponents. Fight exhibition level talent, get exhibition level results.

He couldn't finish either of the two ranked guys he fought, and in both fights he started strong then looked quite a bit worse by the end. He hurt Gilbert and couldn't do jack with it, ended up getting dropped himself.

Whittaker barely beat Costa, who has been shot for years. I don't see it going well for Whittaker. Hope he pulls it off though.

I think Whittaker will be rocked in the first round, survive, then go on to dominate, possibly stop him in 4/5.

That's a pretty rare thing. Fighters who really get rocked in round one tend to really sleepwalk the remaining four. Think Gaethje vs. Max after that kick that broke his nose at the end of R1. Or Renan Barao, rocked by TJ in R1 and sucked the remaining four. Or Izzy, rocked by Strickland, looked bad the rest of the way.

The only exception I can think of offhand is Frankie Edgar, almost KOed several times by Grey Maynard in round one, really did dominate the last four rounds overall, enough to get a draw after an opening 10-8 against him.

Whittaker barely beat Costa, who has been shot for years. I don't see it going well for Whittaker. Hope he pulls it off though.
You sound like one of those people that comments on fights they didn’t watch. Costa looked better than ever and Whittaker looked like he was still a title contender.

Stretch Khamzats glass ligaments out
Or just just punch him in the face

You sound like one of those people that comments on fights they didn’t watch. Costa looked better than ever and Whittaker looked like he was still a title contender.
You sound like one of those people who can't understand a fight where both fighters look like shit.

Back