What is Your All-Time Favorite Edson Barboza Fight?

kevin-lee-dancing.gif
kevin lee showed the mettle of a champion on this night.

Anyways on topic, Favourite barboza fight gotta be dan hooker. Brutal spin kicks in that fight.

Now that you mention Hooker, that was probably my favorite fight.

It was such a a methodical beat down. He really broke Dan down with kicks and body shots. Dan showed so much heart too but eventually it was just too much for the human body to absorb.

I think the fact that he didn't give up but his body said "fuck you" is what made that fight so brutal.

df51d977f425c4b1da0962603173c686.gif

I kid I kid.
It's all fair game bro. Lol. That was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the thread. That was definitely a legendary fight. It was one of Khabib's most savage beatings but Barboza showed us just how tough he was that night. He is a true warrior.

That kick that Khabib walked through was an epic moment too. Maybe if it had landed an inch or two away it could have been Khabib's first loss. Who knows? Epic fight

The one where he got his ass thoroughly and completely kicked like a dirty diaper.

Jamie Varner/Barboza was just one of those fights that... happens. Jamie Varner was incredibly inconsistent (I made a point to NEVER bet on his fights after Bendo subbed him) but man did he have legit potential to be great. He just found so many different ways to lose focus and then lose the fight (usually ones he was winning).

Not that particular night, though.

Been in loads of great fights, even found the ever disturbing Khabib fight super fascinating... Hooker fight is the one that stands out in my head though.

Didn't it come that dan cookers internal organs were all fucked up after the barboza fight? First fight that came to mind for me but so many to pick from. It's been so many years but some of those pre reebok low kick finishes were brutal.

barboza is a dude that i'm surprised didn't get that title shot or become a champion. clearly has the striking, the talent, the speed. i expected him to become far more in the UFC. feel like he is finally getting his due respect now. he has put on absolute wars, been in battles for many, many years, all against the best and has not made a peep.

i liked watching him beat the shit out of hooker till he crumpled like lawn chair

Dan Hooker for sure. One of the worst beatdowns I've seen on the feet; Hooker was completely outgunned
to be fair to Dan he showed incredible toughness taking all those shots to the body. Most men would have crumbled long before he did.

Lol thanks man and not too close. It was super hard landing into manny cause the pad is higher than I thought.

Now you know and that will only help you during the next sesh.
You got this little brother.

Back