What is your favorite Whiskey to drink?

Do you like drinking Whiskey?

• Total voters
View attachment 935555
This is the Redbreast PX (Pedro Ximenez) Sherry Cask. Absolutely gorgeous. It’s a NAS (No Age Statement) Redbreast believed to be anout 10 years old, that gets taken and finished for 12-22 mos in Pedro Ximenez Sherry hogsheads casks). It’s beautiful.

This one I just bought but haven’t tried yet, as I bought it while traveling. I gave it to my gf to fly it home.
View attachment 935557
This is a stock picture because my actual bottle is at home while I am out of state. Redbreast Kentucky Oak edition. This is the first whiskey in their limited edition American Oak series. It’s basically Redbreast finished for an additional 6+ mos in brand new Kentucky Oak, and then bottled at 101 proof. Absolutely can’t wait to try.

Wonderful stuff. Never got a full bottle of the Redbreast PX, only a sample but it was a lovely ultra-sweet desert whiskey for sure. Think I preferred it to the Lustau edition. Have to say I'm not as interested in the Kentucky Oak, though it's a US exclusive anyway. If a sample came my way I'd be slightly curious I suppose, Redbreast with heightened vanilla notes. I do like simple bourbon cask influence on a lot of other whiskey, but for Redbreast I think sherry works so well (obviously the use some a degree of bourbon cask influence for every bottling).

Hey, I appreciate your “nerdy” whiskey posts. Bought these 2 whiskies just yesterday as part of a sale bundle:
View attachment 935560
I am beyond stoked to finally own a bottle of Blue Spot. I’ve never tried the Wilderness Trail bourbon, but I’ve heard good things. Most Wilderness Trail is small batch, but mine is a Single Barrell BiB. I bought those together as part of a sale bundle. I passed up a different whiskey though, which was a Whistlepig 10 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength store pick—and it’s causing me some regret lol. I might have to just pick that up too.

Blue Spot is amazing, probably my favourite of the spot range. Congrats on finally grabbing a bottle! Not as into my bourbon, but I find I do get a notion for it come autumn....thats one I have been curious to try since I can get it here and I have enjoyed wheated bourbons.

Last edited:
Wonderful stuff. Never got a full bottle of the Redbreast PX, only a sample but it was a lovely ultra-sweet desert whiskey for sure. Think I preferred it to the Lustau edition. Have to say I'm not as interested in the Kentucky Oak, though it's a US exclusive anyway. If a sample came my way I'd be slightly curious I suppose, Redbreast with heightened vanilla notes. I do like simple bourbon cask influence on a lot of other whiskey, but for Redbreast I think sherry works so well.
Yeah, I def like the PX better than Lustau. Lustau is nice, but honestly not one of my favorite Redbreasts. The PX though is fantastic.
Maybe it’s just my palate, or maybe because I’m American (or both lol) but I like bourbon a lot. The idea of a Redbreast with extra oak/bourbon influences and bottled at 101 proof made me go:
giphy.gif

I can’t wait to try it. IIRC, only the Redbreast 27 has a proof like that, the rest are 80-94 proof. Well, and the 12 Cask Strength I guess.

Blue Spot is amazing, probably my favourite of the spot range. Congrats on finally grabbing a bottle! Not as into my bourbon, but I find I do get a notion for it come autumn....thats one I have been curious to try since I can get it here and I have enjoyed wheated bourbons.
I love Blue Spot, I’ve had it twice at different bars but never owned a bottle. I’ll see how I feel as I get into it, but so far Red Spot is still my favorite. I’ll let you know how that Wilderness Trail is once I try it.
And speaking of wheaters, my gf won this in a raffle a few weeks back. This is how I know she’s a keeper :) We bought 2 raffle tickets at $20 each. So total cost was $40 :D
838FA3F6-EF01-45A5-96E8-4835F6E4EFD0.jpeg

Yeah, I def like the PX better than Lustau. Lustau is nice, but honestly not one of my favorite Redbreasts. The PX though is fantastic.
Maybe it’s just my palate, or maybe because I’m American (or both lol) but I like bourbon a lot. The idea of a Redbreast with extra oak/bourbon influences and bottled at 101 proof made me go:
giphy.gif

I can’t wait to try it. IIRC, only the Redbreast 27 has a proof like that, the rest are 80-94 proof. Well, and the 12 Cask Strength I guess.

Don't forget the Redbreast 10 at 59.1%, or the Dream Casks of course....but I guess they are their own thing given the price haha.

I love Blue Spot, I’ve had it twice at different bars but never owned a bottle. I’ll see how I feel as I get into it, but so far Red Spot is still my favorite. I’ll let you know how that Wilderness Trail is once I try it.
And speaking of wheaters, my gf won this in a raffle a few weeks back. This is how I know she’s a keeper :) We bought 2 raffle tickets at $20 each. So total cost was $40 :D
View attachment 935561

Ah happy days, I've only ever had Pappy 15 which was genuinely pretty amazing all hype aside.

Don't forget the Redbreast 10 at 59.1%, or the Dream Casks of course....but I guess they are their own thing given the price haha.

Ah happy days, I've only ever had Pappy 15 which was genuinely pretty amazing all hype aside.
Oh wow, I did forget about the Redbreast 10. Never tried it or even seen it at a bar or in a store, would love to try it though.

I’m glad this thread got bumped. I’ve been traveling these past few months between my home and parents’ home which is in a different state (a family member is having health issues). While traveling I found a great liquor store that has hard-to-find stuff, and I thought I might make a thread discussing everything I bought there and whether it was worth the hunt and trouble. I’ve gotten Red Spot, Blue Spot, EH Taylor Small Batch, Widow Jane 13, Henry McKenna 10 Year Single Barrel, Little Book Chapter 5, Eagle Rare 10 Year, Redbreast PX, Redbreast Kentucky Oak, and Wilderness Trail Single Barrel BiB bourbon there.
It’s been quite a haul :)

Oh wow, I did forget about the Redbreast 10. Never tried it or even seen it at a bar or in a store, would love to try it though.

I’m glad this thread got bumped. I’ve been traveling these past few months between my home and parents’ home which is in a different state (a family member is having health issues). While traveling I found a great liquor store that has hard-to-find stuff, and I thought I might make a thread discussing everything I bought there and whether it was worth the hunt and trouble. I’ve gotten Red Spot, Blue Spot, EH Taylor Small Batch, Widow Jane 13, Henry McKenna 10 Year Single Barrel, Little Book Chapter 5, Eagle Rare 10 Year, Redbreast PX, Redbreast Kentucky Oak, and Wilderness Trail Single Barrel BiB bourbon there.
It’s been quite a haul :)

Redbreast 10 is probably my favourite tbh, just love the style of the heavy trad pot distillate they use, though I am yet to try the 27+ stuff.

Maybe you could still start that thread as a general whiskey one, I'm less familiar with the bourbons of course though, but would still be good to just throw general stuff in from time to time.

Redbreast 10 is probably my favourite tbh, just love the style of the heavy trad pot distillate they use, though I am yet to try the 27+ stuff.

Maybe you could still start that thread as a general whiskey one, I'm less familiar with the bourbons of course though, but would still be good to just throw general stuff in from time to time.
Yeah I think I’ll still do the thread. Gonna wait until I get home and can try the stuff I just bought. As my return home is dependent on a family member’s health situation like I mentioned, my return home is TBD. Not sure yet when I’ll be back. I’ll tag you though when I make the thread. I haven’t tried the Redbreast 27 either. Maybe I’ll do a pour at a bar if I can find a reasonable price.

Yeah I think I’ll still do the thread. Gonna wait until I get home and can try the stuff I just bought. As my return home is dependent on a family member’s health situation like I mentioned, my return home is TBD. Not sure yet when I’ll be back. I’ll tag you though when I make the thread. I haven’t tried the Redbreast 27 either. Maybe I’ll do a pour at a bar if I can find a reasonable price.

Sure maybe I'll go ahead and make it, just a general thread for all things whiskey. Will tag you if I do.

My man :)
You might appreciate 2 of my recent purchases then, both limited edition:

View attachment 935555
This is the Redbreast PX (Pedro Ximenez) Sherry Cask. Absolutely gorgeous. It’s a NAS (No Age Statement) Redbreast believed to be anout 10 years old, that gets taken and finished for 12-22 mos in Pedro Ximenez Sherry hogsheads casks). It’s beautiful.

This one I just bought but haven’t tried yet, as I bought it while traveling. I gave it to my gf to fly it home.
View attachment 935557
This is a stock picture because my actual bottle is at home while I am out of state. Redbreast Kentucky Oak edition. This is the first whiskey in their limited edition American Oak series. It’s basically Redbreast finished for an additional 6+ mos in brand new Kentucky Oak, and then bottled at 101 proof. Absolutely can’t wait to try.

Hey, I appreciate your “nerdy” whiskey posts. Bought these 2 whiskies just yesterday as part of a sale bundle:
View attachment 935560
I am beyond stoked to finally own a bottle of Blue Spot. I’ve never tried the Wilderness Trail bourbon, but I’ve heard good things. Most Wilderness Trail is small batch, but mine is a Single Barrell BiB. I bought those together as part of a sale bundle. I passed up a different whiskey though, which was a Whistlepig 10 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength store pick—and it’s causing me some regret lol. I might have to just pick that up too.
Nice.

Very nice.

Back