What kind of insecurities do Shertards have towards MMA fighters?

Kazuky

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Honestly, i'm baffled with the amount of people who put so much effort into shitting all over this sport. It's like they're actively looking for reasons to discredit its athletes, while praising people from other walks of life. MMA might be one of the, if not the hardest sport in the world. You gotta strike, you gotta wrestle, you gotta grapple on the ground, if you get dropped, nobody immediately saves you like in boxing; you gotta try to recover. You have to be able to endure 25 minutes of getting kneed and elbowed in the face. Soccer players take a kick to the knees and stay home for the next 8 months. MMA fighters take 100 low kicks and often keep going. You have guys gushing blood all over the place still going for it like savages. No other sport requires the same kind of heart. I've trained martial arts for decades, and i've played soccer. I can play soccer for 90 minutes. I can't fight for 90 minutes.

Then we have this love for basketball players. They jump and run. WOW! I'm blown. And boxers! They punch. That's it. If they get wabbled, someone immediately saves them. They don't get to have someone on top of them elbowing their face. They don't even feel the knuckled that hit them because they fight with pillows.

So, what's going on here, exactly? If you don't like the sport, i get it. Don't watch it. But you're on an MMA forum talking garbage about MMA athletes? And praising basketball players, football players and youtubers turned boxers?

Just tell me you're trolling. You can't be that stupid.

Some of it is trolling.

Lots of it is entitlement.

But most of it is, there is no social cost to being a bit of a dick anonymously (unlike, say, in your group of friends in real life), and many posters have found that is more fun that way. Let’s call it “shitbaggery banter”.

Insecurity? Probably more like “passive trolling”, because it does generate feedback.

But rest assured, it’s not just sherdog. It’s the entire Internet. Including all your favorite social media’s, if you have any.

Some of it is trolling.

Lots of it is entitlement.

But most of it is, there is no social cost to being a bit of a dick anonymously (unlike, say, in your group of friends in real life), and many posters have found that is more fun that way. Let’s call it “shitbaggery banter”.

Insecurity? Probably more like “passive trolling”, because it does generate feedback.

But rest assured, it’s not just sherdog. It’s the entire Internet.

I don't know. I get this feelings shertards feel useless and emasculated next to MMA fighters, so they actively look for reasons to prove they're not that great, and someone from the outside could top them. Maybe praising the likes of Jake Paul makes them feel as if they too have a chance. Maybe they played basketball and like to believe that makes them as athletic as an MMA fighter. I don't know. It's just weird. It's like they're looking for evidence that MMA fighters aren't that good. It's like they don't want MMA fighters to be good. They wanna believe they're just C level athletes and anyone from the outside could take them if they wanted to.

It's the other way around, MMA fighters have insecurities towards Sherdoggers, as we are all 6'5'', 250 pounds of pure muscle, 10 inch peen, prime Brad Pitt looks and 400-0 in fighting

Even HW studs like Todd Duffee tried to join Sherdog but can only be a lurker (note that he's not logged in) because he's not up to the lofty standards of Sherdog
todduffe_crop_north.jpg

Lots of Sherdoggers triggered by Conors erect penis during weighins.

MMA is more watched by white people so a few of them are very insecure when it comes to black fighter
francis get so much shit and they want his titel removed because he couldnt fight in august
at the same volkanovski last fight was over a year ago an they still love him
volk is also not very entertaining but they say kamru usman is boring
the list goes on and on with weird hate when it comes to black fighters

I don't know. I get this feelings shertards feel useless and emasculated next to MMA fighters, so they actively look for reasons to prove they're not that great, and someone from the outside could top them. Maybe praising the likes of Jake Paul makes them feel as if they too have a chance. Maybe they played basketball and like to believe that makes them as athletic as an MMA fighter. I don't know. It's just weird. It's like they're looking for evidence that MMA fighters aren't that good. It's like they don't want MMA fighters to be good. They wanna believe they're just C level athletes and anyone from the outside could take them if they wanted to.
No you don’t. Now you’re just doing exactly what I described.

Why are you? Because you find it more fun than going unnoticed this hour.

You can do better.

And welcome to the Internet. Glad to have you on board ;)

Sherdog is filled with self proclaimed alpha masculine guys that just love to shit on anyone with a different opinion than theirs.

found this on urbandictionary which was pretty funny.

Sherdog - “A forum where a bunch of morons try to act tough but in reality they all are a bunch of pussies.”

This place is a cesspool, that's why. I bet if we all got together in like groups of 20 or so. We would have a good time talking to a group about MMA and the finer details and actually listening to each other. Forums breed all sorts of wild takes and behaviors that don't really align with how people are and sometimes it's fun to troll if you've been around long enough. Deep down people respect the fighters or they wouldn't watch or they're just fucking worthless casuals.

TS I saw you getting upset in the Jake Paul thread most the people were joking. No one thinks Jake Paul is a great fighter except complete morons. There is a lot of complete morons but there’s no changing them so no need to get upset about it. Everything is okay. We like mma, a lot. That’s why we are all here together. *bro hugs TS*

Majority of people are insecure. Especially in a culture that's now fueled by Social Media.

This leads to people who hate watching other people succeed in life.

This isn't something that you just see on Sherdog - it's everywhere. I'm sure everyone has that one douche bag friend in your group who secretly gets pissed off when you tell him you just got a promotion, etc, at your job. These people also waste way too much of their time on social media (and Sherdog) arguing and fighting with people instead of doing something productive with their lives.

Honestly, i'm baffled with the amount of people who put so much effort into shitting all over this sport. It's like they're actively looking for reasons to discredit its athletes, while praising people from other walks of life. MMA might be one of the, if not the hardest sport in the world. You gotta strike, you gotta wrestle, you gotta grapple on the ground, if you get dropped, nobody immediately saves you like in boxing; you gotta try to recover. You have to be able to endure 25 minutes of getting kneed and elbowed in the face. Soccer players take a kick to the knees and stay home for the next 8 months. MMA fighters take 100 low kicks and often keep going. You have guys gushing blood all over the place still going for it like savages. No other sport requires the same kind of heart. I've trained martial arts for decades, and i've played soccer. I can play soccer for 90 minutes. I can't fight for 90 minutes.

Then we have this love for basketball players. They jump and run. WOW! I'm blown. And boxers! They punch. That's it. If they get wabbled, someone immediately saves them. They don't get to have someone on top of them elbowing their face. They don't even feel the knuckled that hit them because they fight with pillows.

So, what's going on here, exactly? If you don't like the sport, i get it. Don't watch it. But you're on an MMA forum talking garbage about MMA athletes? And praising basketball players, football players and youtubers turned boxers?

Speak for yourself...

Most MMA fights are 15 minutes, champ fights are 25. I rarely watch basketball anymore, maybe the finals...a majority of what I watch is MMA and Boxing. Not the Jake Paul vs. whomever bullshit, but boxing.

I think ppl kind of enjoy seeing ppl fail that try hard things. It makes them feel better for never trying them.

And boxers! They punch. That's it. If they get wabbled, someone immediately saves them. They don't get to have someone on top of them elbowing their face. They don't even feel the knuckled that hit them because they fight with pillows.
What a moronic take. More boxers have died in the last 4 years than the entire histroy of MMA as a sport. They're literally beating each other death. I understand your sentiment but you sound like a retard.

MMA is more watched by white people so a few of them are very insecure when it comes to black fighter
francis get so much shit and they want his titel removed because he couldnt fight in august
at the same volkanovski last fight was over a year ago an they still love him
volk is also not very entertaining but they say kamru usman is boring
the list goes on and on with weird hate when it comes to black fighters
Are you one of those woke fucks that thinks someones racist because some black guys happen to suck?

Some people suck, they're insecure petulant cowards hiding behind internet anonymity. Try not to take it too seriously.

You're right. But it's the same in all anonymous online communities; worthless dorks get to shit on their superiors without the risk of consequences.

The years of self-loathing that they've built up has got to come out somewhere.

Back