Movies What movie is Daniel Day-Lewis best known for?

What movie is Daniel Day-Lewis best known for?

• Gandhi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bounty

• A Room With a View

• The Unbearable Lightness of Being

• The Age of Innocence

• The Crucible

• The Boxer

• The Ballad of Jack and Rose

• Nine

• Phantom Thread

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guy is quite a chameleon as well and considering how long his career has been. He's only has done a very few amount of films.

I believe it's these two he's most well known for.

What a great list of movies....

Yeah, It's crazy the amount of recognition he's got for just making relatively a few films. 3 Oscars and a total of 6 Oscar nominations. His batting average is ridiculous. Basically if he's nominated for an Oscar, he has 50/50 chance he'll win. That's unheard of.

I think for a while back in the day it was My Left Foot but Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood have overtaken it.

I loved last of the Mohicans. I think he is best known for There will be blood. He won an Oscar for that. I didn't like the movie but everyone else seem to.

Yeah, It's crazy the amount of recognition he's got for just making relatively a few films. 3 Oscars and a total of 6 Oscar nominations. His batting average is ridiculous. Basically if he's nominated for an Oscar, he has 50/50 chance he'll win. That's unheard of.
Its amazing how many people don't realize just how much Daniel has done throughout his career...

The guy is quite a chameleon as well and considering how long his career has been. He's only has done a very few amount of films.

I believe it's these two he's most well known for.

Toss up between Daniel Plainview and Bill the Butcher

I think the 50% capitalizing on nominations has been matched by Frances McDormand, Ingrid Bergman etc. Walter Brennan went three-for-four. What really stands out is that he gets nominated a large % of the time whenever he bothers to make a movie at all. He's up there with Meryl Streep, Marlon Brando, Katharine Hepburn, pre-1990 Jane Fonda where he's getting nominated for an Oscar 20% of the time he does a movie.

I think the 50% capitalizing on nominations has been matched by Frances McDormand, Ingrid Bergman etc. Walter Brennan went three-for-four. What really stands out is that he gets nominated a large % of the time whenever he bothers to make a movie at all. He's up there with Meryl Streep, Marlon Brando, Katharine Hepburn, pre-1990 Jane Fonda where he's getting nominated for an Oscar 20% of the time he does a movie.

Thanks for the more detailed information about it.

What you said is true.

To see how spread out the votes are is a testament in how great an actor this man is. He'll be most remembered for many of his roles.

There Will Be Blood. It's one of his more recent works, was highly critically-acclaimed, and the entire film was basically a platform to showcase DDL's acting ability.

To see how spread out the votes are is a testament in how great an actor this man is. He'll be most remembered for many of his roles.

I had a difficult time choosing tbh. He's just excellent in all the film I've seen him in. End up choosing Gangs of New York, well because the combination of Day Lewis and Martin Scorsese seems unbeatable.

Yes DDL is the GOAT actor but other thsn his performances his movies are pretty mid in terms of entertainment value

Yes DDL is the GOAT actor but other thsn his performances his movies are pretty mid in terms of entertainment value

That's true, he had a chance to be in big time movies that are looked upon as masterpiece entertainment. Like LOTRs. But I doubt he wanted to stay in character for 3-4-5 years or whatever amount it took to film those movies.

Back