Social What should be the minimum IQ to birth and raise a child?

If we start playing eugenics then goverment will just attempt to create obedient slave class where no one questions anything

Disappointed Sherdog, it should not have taken until the 2nd page.

You missed the point you clown. The point is that the calculations are wrong.

I’ve read the bell curve where most of you idiots get this idea from. Most of you think that there are multiple counties with average iqs in that range yet so many of those people come to the west and flourish.

It’s foolishness to think there is such a massive difference between humans. The methodology is obviously wrong.

Most of you racists who hold this view didn’t even do the bare minimum and read how he came to that conclusion
There are a few, mostly African countries, with an average near 70. There are hardly many people coming out of Somalia, Central African Republic or Liberia and flourishing in western countries. You can point out a few exceptions but these are people that didn't score 70 in the first place, because being an average there are people in these places that score really high.

There are plenty of countries with people who are calculated in that region yet those people come in droves and outcompete the local population.

I also doubt you could test them before they were born. IQ involves genetics and environment but what gene/s are we talking about? Nobody knows.
Are you sure? I've never heard of a country scoring below 70. If you go on YouTube there are some videos of people who have IQs around 70 documenting their life, you will see its not simply a matter of being bad at math and puzzles. It's a major impediment to things like working at McDonalds.

The issue is that we can't actually calculate IQ.
I know some IQ test required you to have a good vocabulary to get a good score. They say it’s because when you hear a bunch of words in a sentence it takes the prefrontal cortex of the brain that is responsible for problem solving to work in order to interpret the meaning of the sentence spoken to you as if your brain is solving a puzzle.

The problem is, you still need to learn those words. A person can be highly intelligent but not knowledgeable or educated. There can be social and environmental factors that hinders an intelligent person from learning more than he should. Meaning that IQ tests should either be reform or abandon.

If we start playing eugenics then goverment will just attempt to create obedient slave class where no one questions anything
In Superman, I always thought it would be cool to explain why Kryptonians look like humans. My sci-fi theory is that Darkside, a self proclaimed god decided to create two separate species in his own image, which explains why he has a humanoid face. In this massive eugenics program, he created kryptonians as warriors for his militia, and created the weaker humans as slaves for his labor force. He then destroys Krypton because of how strong the Khryptonians became and felt threatened that they would destroy his galactic empire and his ambitions for total control of the universe.

Last edited:
like i'm going to read all this nonsense from a dude that thinks 70 IQs are out-competing smarter people.
Are you sure? I've never heard of a country scoring below 70. If you go on YouTube there are some videos of people who have IQs around 70 documenting their life, you will see its not simply a matter of being bad at math and puzzles. It's a major impediment to things like working at McDonalds.

The average IQ in Nigeria is supposedly about 68. Yet Nigerian immigrants become some of the most successful and educated once they come to Western countries.

So there is something off about how IQ is calculated, tested for or determined. Or the "average IQ" stats are just plain wrong.

IQ alone wouldn't necessarily work. However as data science and AI evolves, we could use an algorithm to determine suitability. Gattaca system of 'Valids' and 'Invalids'

You missed the point you clown. The point is that the calculations are wrong.

I’ve read the bell curve where most of you idiots get this idea from. Most of you think that there are multiple counties with average iqs in that range yet so many of those people come to the west and flourish.

It’s foolishness to think there is such a massive difference between humans. The methodology is obviously wrong.

Most of you racists who hold this view didn’t even do the bare minimum and read how he came to that conclusion

I live in a country where the average IQ is around 80 and it's definitely notable. Although I'm not entirely convinced it's because of genetics and I feel like a lot of their dumbness can be attributed to cultural laziness and lack of ambition.

70 seems to be the score that usually determines if someone is Intellectually Developmentally Disabled (formerly mentally retarded). Depending on the state this can lead to a guardianship/conservatorship where someone else can handle the affairs and make decisions for the person. Which usually means that a judge has determined that the person lacks decision making capacity.

Someone with that diagnosis that ends up pregnant raises questions depending on how/who got them pregnant as they legally might not be able to consent to sex in the first place. However, a blanket statement that anyone below X IQ can't have/raise kids seems kinda fucked up.

I have a little bit of insight here.

So how the UK works is: sub-70 IQ isn't going to qualify for a lot of support. You have to get below 50 to qualify for long-term support. I can't explain this as well as my missus can, but 51-70 you'd sort of be expected to be function and possibly hold down a job. Below that, and it's very life-limiting. Struggling with language, struggling badly with numbers and math, although obviously it can look different in different cases.

It's fairly unlikely an adult would be allowed to raise a child independently with a sub-50 IQ, and absolutely not if there's a whiff of domestic abuse/severe vulnerability, although on the opposite side of the coin it will also be considered re: what support is already in place (safe assisted living?), or whether that person still lives at home and is supported by others without such life limiting learning disability, etc etc etc.

Bottom line, though, is it's going to be decided on a case-by-case basis. Best case scenario for someone with moderate-to-severe learning disability is that another safe individual is going to be able to provide or at least oversee most or all of the parenting that's being done - whether that person is a professional, a relative, or another type of caregiver.

You bring up a good question about consent, though, as someone with moderate-to-severe learning disability is going to struggle to meet the legal definition of consent capability in the first place, whether it's to do with their own medical care or sex or other legally binding stuff.

But yeah, a blanket ban wouldn't work and wouldn't be the right solution at all. We're against eugenics.

The average IQ in Nigeria is supposedly about 68. Yet Nigerian immigrants become some of the most successful and educated once they come to Western countries.

So there is something off about how IQ is calculated, tested for or determined. Or the "average IQ" stats are just plain wrong.

IQ calculation is a bit like BMI.

In a lot of cases, it means fuck all.

But clearly when you're super high or super low on either IQ or BMI scales, there's a potential problem at hand, and potentially very serious to boot.

Internationally, it gets even messier, as IQ tests were created based on certain education systems. It quickly becomes nonsensical pseudoscience comparing nations to other nations. You can even train for IQ tests, which tells you a lot.

At least average intelligence + common sense, yes.

Anyone with below average intelligence or severely lacking in common sense, no.

We're getting the elites of Nigeria and they benefit from affirmative action due to black Americans and their median salary is barely mediocre compared to others, even after benefitting from all that affirmative action

ZSLLiF5.jpeg

Well...

Some would say posting on Sherdog automatically invalidates one's right to procreate.

I don't support eugenics. Also beyond an arbitrary point, IQ is very meager in defining what one can accomplish with their lives. For example, Langan has an iq confirmed to be higher than Einstein and he ended up being a horse rancher which he could of anyways been if his iq was 100 points lower.

We're getting the elites of Nigeria and they benefit from affirmative action due to black Americans and their median salary is barely mediocre compared to others, even after benefitting from all that affirmative action

ZSLLiF5.jpeg
are we going back to the 1930s with the race realism crock of shit? also since when does the money in your pocket define exactly how smart that you are.
also japanese people have the highest average iq in the world yet they are out-earned by indians by $30,000 on average with an average iq of 82. its almost like iq is not absolute or finite.

Back