What the fack is this?

Yeah, and Elvis was a thief. I've heard it before. Can't copyright ideas. She's vastly more musically interesting than that Babymetal band. That's what counts.

After all, those Japanese girls are doing a routine that is suspiciously reminiscent of the Spice Girls, aren't they? And that of course is derived from Bubblegum Pop which was created in the USA in the 60's. Tough to get upset about other acts "stealing" some of your ideas when the deepest roots of your foundation are themselves entirely borrowed.

I totally understand Job Interview's reaction above. If you're not into the sound you're not into the sound. It has to grab you and resonate with you. If an artist doesn't achieve that it doesn't matter how cerebral or well stitched her crafted songs are. It's a miss. But the below is this Babymetal's most popular song:

Even if I liked anything about the sound, which I don't, that's not even interesting. It's just crap. I would strongly prefer if they didn't sing at all. It's better without it.

Yes, replace the singers with something else.

Back