What was the Best Sci-Fi show from the Golden age of Sci-Fi TV? (90s to Late 2000s)

The Best One

• Farscape

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Andromeda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlestar Galactica

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Stargate SG1

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Stargate Atlantis

• Babylon 5

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Firefly

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • The X-Files

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Futurama

• Star Trek: The Next Generation

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

• Star Trek: Voyager

• Cowboy Bebop

• Aeon Flux

• Total voters

FléauDeDieu

Le Parrain
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm currently making my way through Sci-Fi shows from the early 90s to mid 2000s-ish. I don't think there's been so many quality shows aorund that time - Farscape, Battlestar, Babylon, Stargate, TNG etc.
I'ma Farscape man so that's where I'm putting my vote

Of those I would say the TNG, X-files, Babylon 5 and Futurama, DS9 and BSG had some very strong elements as well but were also rather more inconsistent.

Last edited:
TNG, Farscape, X-Files, Aeon Flux for me.

413fbc6386c74f480b1dd81b08f7f91fe5f49f4d.gif

1. X-Files
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
3. Firefly and f**k fox for doing that show dirty
4. Futurerama
5. Star Trek: Voyager

I voted battlestar before i realised X-files is in there.

Sorry BSG but thats the one show that could beat you

I think Fringe, V, Torchwood and The Event were also among the best sci-fi series of that time.

BSG to me feels more like the start of the modern era than it does part of this earlier era., very serious show with high production values which looks to focus almost entirely on a serial story.

I feel like what characterised the period from the late 80's though the 90's tended to be the idea of sci fi shows pulled in a lot of different directions, which were almost there own self contained little worlds were you might have some serial elements, some serious drama, some comedy, etc. Not really shows you would binge and then move on from both rather those which built up a strong fanbase viewership, people tended to pick out a few they followed.

Obvious show of that type missing from the poll I'd say is Quantum Leap.

Last edited:
Star Trek: The Next Generation easily.

I think Fringe, V, Torchwood and The Event were also among the best sci-fi series of that time.
Then there is SeaQuest DSV. I've never seen the show myself but there might be people who like it.

Pleased with the love for Farscape in here. Tough one to pick though.

No Babylon 5? For shame ts, for shame...

Of the ones listed, it's a close call between Battlestar Galactica and Deep Space 9, but BSG edges it slightly for me. One of the GOAT soundtracks also.

EDIT: Oops, I missed that B5 was on the list. I take it back and change my vote. I stand by what i said about the BSG soundtrack though

Last edited:
Back