What were commentators watching during Volkov/Tai? Volkov beat the piss out of him

I must have mixed his height and reach up with Justin Tafa. Still tho he's way overweight. 6'2 and 75" reach... Ngannou is 6'4 with and 83" reach. Volkov 6'7 and 80" reach. Gane 6'4 and 81" reach. Aspinall 6'5 with a 78" reach. Sergei 6'3 with and 84" reach. Jones 6'4 with and 84" reach. Stipe 6'4 and an 80" reach. Another thing all those guys have in common besides being tall with a long reach is they aren't fat.

If you are a striker you don't want to be at a big reach disadvantage, you also want to be lean.
Yeah, I agree. If he got in shape he'd comfortably fit in 205.

from start to finish

sure he ate some leg kicks, checked a lot of them, and also kept moving fine
Commentary going nuts over visible welts/bruises from leg kicks seems like a trend now cause they were doing the same thing in the Jan/Alex fight. Volkov didn't even switch stances to protect himself and they were talking like the fight was about to be called off.

It still amazes me that some people actually still haven't caught on that media members are ordered to stick to a predetermined narrative about every person or situation they cover and completely ignore anything that contradicts it, no matter how glaringly obvious it is to everyone watching.
360_F_293651706_yWPUuo6vbVXYIRaS6GDsGj5GIJOc0RYo.jpg

More like they're commentators who have bias', particularly towards fighters that are friendly with, and have researched the fighters and have little facts and info that they want to squeeze into their narration of the fight.

If you think the UFC give commentators a script to read out, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that's a crazy thing to rationalise to yourself

Last edited:
Commentary going nuts over visible welts/bruises from leg kicks seems like a trend now cause they were doing the same thing in the Jan/Alex fight. Volkov didn't even switch stances to protect himself and they were talking like the fight was about to be called off.

lol yes meanwhile Tai's face looked like mashed potatoes

View attachment 1000888

More like they're commentators who have bias', particularly towards fighters that are friendly with, and have researched the fighters and have little facts and info that they want to squeeze into their narration of the fight.

If you think the UFC give commentators a script to read out, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that's a crazy thing to rationalisation to yourself

It's not a script but they are clearly informed who to lean to.

My favourite clear example was Werdum Hunt, while Hunt was suing the UFC.

Werdum illegally grabs the cage literally 5 times in a row = no comment.

He then legally put his hand on the cage = "that one was legal".

View attachment 1000888

If you think the UFC give commentators a script to read out, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that's a crazy thing to rationalise to yourself

Spare me the gaslighting, I've evolved beyond it having any affect on me. And there's no need for a script when they can simply be told through their ever-present headsets what to say and not to say. When you think about it, there's really no other reason for announcers to wear headsets. And doing "research" on "little facts" has nothing to do with yammering on about how Fighter A is really crippling Fighter B with leg kicks even as Fighter A is being pummeled.

Back