What wrestlers in the LW division could negate Khabib's grappling?

nope! not gonna happen, theres levels to this shit

Levels you say huh? That guys a 4x D1 AA & undefeated national champ. I get it; you don't know of him yet. But he's 5-0 with 4 finishes in UFC.

Gillespie is "levels" better than any wrestler Khabib has faced yet...or has ever competed in UFC LW division really, besides Khabib.

Last edited:
Luis Santos threw Askren around like a ragdoll, that's about the equivalent of the Khabjb-Tibau fight since you want to bring up a 23 year old semi-green Khabib against a roided monster with some of the best TDD ever. Not sure what Abbasov getting arm triangled has to do with Khabib, he's nowhere near the grappler Khabib is. He's been dominated and subbed by Khabib's much less talented, primary striker cousin, Magomedkerimov.

The Abbasov example illustrates that Askren will PUT HIMSELF in bad spots just to initiate a scramble, hence the moniker "Funky." Thus, Sapo hitting an early throw...and NOT following him to the ground (wisely), means nothing.

Seemed pretty self explanatory really.

So Tibau was roided but not Sapo huh?

Good one. And Sapo was visibly gassed 2 mins in. Tibau stuffed TDs for 3 straight rounds.

And Tibau was Khabib's 18th pro fight and 2nd UFC fight. Sapo was Funky's 15th. Don't try to tell me Khabib has improved leaps and bounds but Askren can't.

Levels you say huh? That guys a 4x D1 AA & undefeated national champ. I get it; you don't know of him yet. But he's 5-0 with 4 finishes in UFC.

Gillespie is "levels" better than any wrestler Khabib has faced yet...or has ever competed in UFC LW division really.
gillespie is 'levels' better than anyone khabib has competed against? thats a joke right? <mma3>

who has gillespie faced? can you even name more than 1 fighter he's fought without searching it up?
now 12-0 is nothing to scoff at of course, and im sure he's a great fighter but gregor hasn't yet fought anyone even near khabib's level. wait till he fights a top 10 opponent and shows a good performance, then u can say something

gillespie is 'levels' better than anyone khabib has competed against? thats a joke right? <mma3>

who has gillespie faced? can you even name more than 1 fighter he's fought without searching it up?
now 12-0 is nothing to scoff at of course, and im sure he's a great fighter but gregor hasn't yet fought anyone even near khabib's level. wait till he fights a top 10 opponent and shows a good performance, then u can say something

Yes.

Levels better wrestler than anyone Khabib has fought.

TS question about wrestling.

Yes, Gillespie does need to be given a step up in comp. But he's 5-0 in the ufc with 4 finishes.

Again, question was "Which WRESTLERS can negate Khabib?"

Gillespie, Gaethje, Lee and Davi Ramos would be my picks, but who knows

The Abbasov example illustrates that Askren will PUT HIMSELF in bad spots just to initiate a scramble, hence the moniker "Funky." Thus, Sapo hitting an early throw...and NOT following him to the ground (wisely), means nothing.

Seemed pretty self explanatory really.

So Tibau was roided but not Sapo huh?

Good one. And Sapo was visibly gassed 2 mins in. Tibau stuffed TDs for 3 straight rounds.

And Tibau was Khabib's 18th pro fight and 2nd UFC fight. Sapo was Funky's 15th. Don't try to tell me Khabib has improved leaps and bounds but Askren can't.
The Tibau fight was over 6 years ago and Khabib was 23 and hadn't began training at AKA yet where his mma wrestling clearly improved, the Santos fight was 3 years ago and Askren was older than Khabib is now, not green at all. If anything, Askren would have gotten worse now than since then, he himself said that the UFC signed him at the worst part of his career. Nice try though.

Either way, both fights should not be brought up in evaluating either fighter right now was my point, they're both irrelevant. The Tibau fight moreso.

That was when Khabib was 23, green, hadn't trained at AKA yet. Today's Khabib would easily outwrestle that same Tibau. Khabib's takedowns were a lot more one dimensional back then too and he was much smaller.
Tibau is a national wrestling champ. He is notorious for his tdd there is no shame in him not being able to take down that Tibau. No one in that weight class could get and keep him down in his prime.

I think Kevin Lee could keep the fight standing with the right gameplan. Maybe, I'd like to see it.
That's not the problem..the real problem with Kevin Lee is, can he stand with Khabib?

Yes.

Levels better wrestler than anyone Khabib has fought.

TS question about wrestling.

Yes, Gillespie does need to be given a step up in comp. But he's 5-0 in the ufc with 4 finishes.

Again, question was "Which WRESTLERS can negate Khabib?"
ah mb i misread what u wrote and thought u were saying he was levels beyond any fighter khabib's fought in general

after watching his highlights and fights i really don't see what ur horny about... he has good accomplishments in wrestling and good double-legs, but the same logic you are using against khabib can also be applied to gregor. gregor has never fought a wrestler anywhere near the level of khabib. what is ur point? lol

it would literally be up to speculation if he could negate khabib's wrestling.. however im putting my money on 'probably not'. let's see how he does against a top 10 fighter before we piss our pants over him lol

ah mb i misread what u wrote and thought u were saying he was levels beyond any fighter khabib's fought in general

after watching his highlights and fights i really don't see what ur horny about... he has good accomplishments in wrestling and good double-legs, but the same logic you are using against khabib can also be applied to gregor. gregor has never fought a wrestler anywhere near the level of khabib. what is ur point? lol

it would literally be up to speculation if he could negate khabib's wrestling.. however im putting my money on 'probably not'. let's see how he does against a top 10 fighter before we piss our pants over him lol

My point is that Gregor has the wrestling to negate Khabib.

Khabib also has the wrestling to negate Gregor.

He probably can't be outwrestle, good thing he's not a wrestler but an MMA fighter.
Tony would be a problem at 155, maybe Kevin Lee and perhaps along the way someone like Gregor Gillespie. Out of that, Khabib should be a heavy favourite against everybody

Can't say he would "legit fuck Lee up" standing when Khabib hasn't fucked up any wrestlers on the feet. The reason Khabib is dangerous on the feet vs strikers is because of the TD threat. If it were a pure striking contest, Khabib would likely get picked apart by high level strikers.

Kevin Lee (like Ferguson) wouldn't be afraid of the take down

Are you kidding me? Everyone is scared to death of being underneath Khabib. Ferguson and Lee are not elite grapplers from their backs.

Kevin Lee, Ferguson will get taken down but he could give Khabib fits on the mat

He would easily out strike Lee on the feet too. I don't get what's so special about Lee's stand-up, sure it looks fundamentally better than Khabib's but that's all. No real power, his striking defense for mma is pretty awful, while Khabib's striking defense is actually great. Lee also has the same takedown threat as Khabib, yet gets out struck and dropped almost every fight.
LOL, Lee would kill Khabib standing. You'll see Saturday against Al how good Lee's standup is.

Back