• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's good these days for CC pistols???

bushman505

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
whats up dudes.

I'm looking for a new EDC rig. The only autos I have right now are a few g19s, a sig 229 and a g26. Im looking for something smaller.

In colder weather the g19s get carried, I have a good holster/belt etc but in warmer weather, they are a bit big.

I love the g26 but honestly, I don't feel like it really gets more concealment than the g19 (uses the same holster as my g19).

So I'm looking for something thinner, something that's really designed for concealed carry, maybe holster, maybe pocket carry. I'm really only interested in 9mm or 45, not really into .40 caliber.

My dad has a ruger lc9 and it's good but I know in the last 5-6 years there's been some new stuff.

Maybe the SW shield? I'm a bit weary as I really don't like their MP series pistols. How about that springer XDS??? Anybody have one???

How about the HK "sk" guns??? Worth the $$$??? Walther pps???

Other than the glocks I have, my only other current options are a ruger LCR which is cool but only 5 rounds of 38spcl...and a ruger sp101 but it's pretty heavy and again...5 shots of 357/38....

For woods stuff, I love a revolver, but I'm just thinking about scenarios that might take a bit more ammunition. I'm not trying to be all mall ninja here, you guys know me, but it's time I get a new handgun and the only thing I don't really have is a good to go CC pistol.

Thinking something I can fairly easily carry when I'm wearing dockers or jeans and a simple button up shirt. G19/26 works if I have a pullover like a hoody or a fleece on, otherwise, it's a bit tough for me to hide. The LCR can fit in my pocket but then I can't put anything else in that pocket and again, limited to 5 rounds with a fairly slow reload (one of those runner strips with 5 rounds of federal nyclad or some other old school 38spcl shit).

What else is out there in 9 or 45? That dosent need a major rig to comfortably carry it around?

PS:

Not really interested in a glock 42. I had a g36 for awhile and sent it on down the road. I don't have a problem with the g42 but since it shares no common mags/parts with other glocks, I'd like to try something else. I usually carried a g17mag for a spare when i carry a g19/26.

I know some people swear by the XD sub compacts.

whats up dudes.

I'm looking for a new EDC rig. The only autos I have right now are a few g19s, a sig 229 and a g26. Im looking for something smaller.

In colder weather the g19s get carried, I have a good holster/belt etc but in warmer weather, they are a bit big.

I love the g26 but honestly, I don't feel like it really gets more concealment than the g19 (uses the same holster as my g19).

So I'm looking for something thinner, something that's really designed for concealed carry, maybe holster, maybe pocket carry. I'm really only interested in 9mm or 45, not really into .40 caliber.

My dad has a ruger lc9 and it's good but I know in the last 5-6 years there's been some new stuff.

Maybe the SW shield? I'm a bit weary as I really don't like their MP series pistols. How about that springer XDS??? Anybody have one???

How about the HK "sk" guns??? Worth the $$$??? Walther pps???

Other than the glocks I have, my only other current options are a ruger LCR which is cool but only 5 rounds of 38spcl...and a ruger sp101 but it's pretty heavy and again...5 shots of 357/38....

For woods stuff, I love a revolver, but I'm just thinking about scenarios that might take a bit more ammunition. I'm not trying to be all mall ninja here, you guys know me, but it's time I get a new handgun and the only thing I don't really have is a good to go CC pistol.

Thinking something I can fairly easily carry when I'm wearing dockers or jeans and a simple button up shirt. G19/26 works if I have a pullover like a hoody or a fleece on, otherwise, it's a bit tough for me to hide. The LCR can fit in my pocket but then I can't put anything else in that pocket and again, limited to 5 rounds with a fairly slow reload (one of those runner strips with 5 rounds of federal nyclad or some other old school 38spcl shit).

What else is out there in 9 or 45? That dosent need a major rig to comfortably carry it around?

palm-of-hand-2.jpg

Or

SIG-P938_001.jpg

SI9389SCPNTB.jpg

938-brg.jpg

938-sas.jpg

938-blackwood.jpg

938-engraved-rosewood.jpg

938-rosewood.jpg

0205141934a_zps35342df0.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

1079673cfae0de4bd87453e6e2f5eb36.jpg

10064098025_95309999c1_o.jpg

9mm-comparisont-featured.jpg

It needs the 7 round mags imo, flush mag is difficult to get a good grip on it. People really seem to like the rubber over molded grip model.

The Springfield XDS is a pretty nice for this.

I'd avoid Walthers. They're way too expensive for what you get.

I had an XDS and swapped size up to an M&P 9c. Lots of my co-workers swear by the Shield but I wanted to be able to use duty mags in my off duty gun.

I liked the XDS but shoot a hell of a lot better with the 9c.

I've got a shield 9; it conceals easily and comfortably (even with the extended mag)... so much so that you can very easily forget you're carrying it if you're on your feet most of the day. Like most small pistols it shoots well if you have a good handle on mechanics, shitty if you don't. I've heard the triggers can be pretty hit or miss based on manufacturing processes. Mine sits around a 7 lb break I'd say with not too much grit in the take up, so I think mine is fine. I've had zero FTF or FTEs with a wide variety of FMJ ammo.

I'd suggest throwing some talon grips on it asap though if you get the 9 (maybe the 45 too, I've never held one). The factory grip really sucks on the 9.

Thanks for all the replies, seems like itnsort of comes down to the shield and the xds.

-how's the trigger on the shield??? That's what I really dislike about the MP pistols.

-I saw a cool FDE xds in 45 that's some sort of a limited edition which is pretty badass, I've always thought the xd line was cool.

I had an XDS and swapped size up to an M&P 9c. Lots of my co-workers swear by the Shield but I wanted to be able to use duty mags in my off duty gun.

I liked the XDS but shoot a hell of a lot better with the 9c.

I like to be able to swap mags too, that's why I don't want the g42. That g26 is just a bit difficult to hide.

Thos sig 938/238 seem cool but se a like you'd always need a holster for them, not great to just throw in the pocket of some basketball shorts to go walk the dog.

Also maybe not a great choice for en evening jog or something like that. Do you think?

Thos sig 938/238 seem cool but se a like you'd always need a holster for them, not great to just throw in the pocket of some basketball shorts to go walk the dog.

Also maybe not a great choice for en evening jog or something like that. Do you think?

Yeah maybe not, Shield is too big for Pocket carry imo.

Have you considered doing compression conceal carry briefs/shorts?

mens-concealed-carry-compression-holster-briefs-1.jpg

Mens-Plaid-Concealment-Shorts_main-3.jpg

Mens-Front-Carry-Concealment-Shorts_main-01.jpg

undertech_compression_blog4.jpg

So far I'm digging an xds 45. Rheybsay it's just 1" thick.

Anybody use the HK guns??? I've only ever shot a USP 45 a long time ago. Anybody ever handled a p3 or another "sk" (subcompact) model? They are a few hundred bucks more than the others but they seem nice.

Thanks for the advice on walthers, my dad has a few p22s and they are good for plinking and the only other walther I've shot was an old James Bond type thing, maybe a ppk in 380....it was cool because James Bond but that's about it.

If you like the walther design you could look at bersa thunder 380s.

So far I'm digging an xds 45. Rheybsay it's just 1" thick.

Anybody use the HK guns??? I've only ever shot a USP 45 a long time ago. Anybody ever handled a p3 or another "sk" (subcompact) model? They are a few hundred bucks more than the others but they seem nice.
I own an H&K USP. I love it. I've shot the VP9, and I really liked it as well. I recommend either as larger guns that you can CC.

The P22 is a decent gun for the price . . . :)

If you like the walther design you could look at bersa thunder 380s.

I have a Taurus Curve in 380 . . . nice little pocket pistol.

Back