What's next for Petr Yan? Any news I missed?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing news that he's signed to fight anyone, which I guess may be a good thing considering the skid he's on.

I feel like he has a lot of the tools to continue being a top level Bantamweight, he's just fought some killers here lately.

I'd love to see him fight Marlon 'Chito' Vera personally.
Has there been any news I've missed?

not sure but i hope he looks good. His whole reputation is taking a massive hit. He looked unbeatable or close to it. Then the fluke loss, then getting wrestle fucked and losing to a striker..gate keeper status might be whats next if he doesnt look amazing.

not sure but i hope he looks good. His whole reputation is taking a massive hit. He looked unbeatable or close to it. Then the fluke loss, then getting wrestle fucked and losing to a striker..gate keeper status might be whats next if he doesnt look amazing.

There was no fluke loss. Champ Sterling beat his ass in their rematch, or as he put it, came on that ass.

There was no fluke loss. Champ Sterling beat his ass in their rematch, or as he put it, came on that ass.

the FIRST fight was a fluke loss sir, he got wrestle fucked in the rematch. lets not pretend lol. we are all adults.

I guess Matt Hammil beat jon jones too?

Very different stages of their career, Cruz should be after old guys by now I'd think.
Perhaps but there are no old guys ahead of him in rankings, except Cejudo.
I wanted to see former champ vs champ legacy fights at BW ,that was before TJ, Aldo and Frankie retired.
None of those fights happened.

Nothing since the Merab loss, when Chito was looking for a fight a few months ago he said Yan wasn't available until December

We could rob him against pretty much anybody

Rob Font if he loses to Sandhagen, Marlon Vera, or Munhoz if he wins the test

He has bad luck lately, his strength of schedule is killer. I think they should throw him a softball. Some reason it seems like Yan doesn't have it in him to edge out decisions when it comes to a battle of attrition and he doesn't seem to have the finishing power he used to. I'm thinking mentally he's sort of accomplished what he wanted to and is just cruising along.

By split decision. At least Yan dominated the shit out of him the first time before he threw it with a DQ.

he keeps getting robbed. it’s really messed up. he really should only have one loss on his current skid. i don’t really care who he gets next, but the nature of the judging should be taken into account before deciding to cut him.

By split decision. At least Yan dominated the shit out of him the first time before he threw it with a DQ.
should have been a n/c at worst, or dq in yan’s favor. there’s a rule that prohibits fighters from constantly flopping to their knees to “recover” (avoid fighting), but everyone seems to conveniently forget it

Back