What's one thing you would change in the UFC/MMA?

I already had a thread on this but some of my suggestions were:

• Hockey rink glass instead of fence so we get blood splatter on the glass plus standing knockouts where the head bounces off the glass​

• Pointy mafioso shoes for referees to wear so they can kick fighters in the gut who are not being active enough on the ground​

• A telescopic baton to hit fighters with across their fingers as soon as they grab the fence (if the hockey rink glass idea doesn't come to fruition)​

I personally want the rules to go back to how they were. Its changed a lot and not for the better. We should never ever lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be Ultimate Fighting, the entire point of the sport is to not have all these crazy rules.

I tell you something we can start with.. the hand on the floor rule, get rid of it, its embarrassing and looks so lame. They need to scrap that ASAP. A few commissions have scraped it but most haven't.

With a change in gloves like this I wonder about a few things. Is it harder to see if someone is grabbing the fence? Does it stifle the submission abilities of fighters in any way? Does it limit the ability to hand fight or to parry strikes with an open palm? Does it take any legal tools away from the fighter? And as we’ve seen, you can still be well within striking range and still claw eyes with fingers bent. I like the idea I’m just not sure if that is optimal design.

Nog and others from PRIDE said the bent glove didn't really hinder submissions.
I imagine hand fighting and parrying wouldn't be too different as well sir.

The cage grabbing is a good point that we wouldn't know until we gave it a test I guess.

I think its worth a shot though brother.

UFC signing people based on demographics rather than talent. Between Russia and the rest of central Asia there's probably 100 fighters who should be fighting there.

I personally want the rules to go back to how they were. Its changed a lot and not for the better. We should never ever lose sight of the fact that this is supposed to be Ultimate Fighting, the entire point of the sport is to not have all these crazy rules.

I tell you something we can start with.. the hand on the floor rule, get rid of it, its embarrassing and looks so lame. They need to scrap that ASAP. A few commissions have scraped it but most haven't.

That hand down rule sucks donkey dick on a Sunday sir lol.

Name em all....jk lol

C6OFmC.gif

That hand down rule sucks donkey dick on a Sunday sir lol.
haha so true, I hate it the most. it ruining a lot of the fights when they are in that position. I'm not having them telling me ''this is real fighting'', when you can do such a lame thing like that lol. Thats about as far away from real fighting as possible.

haha so true, I hate it the most. it ruining a lot of the fights when they are in that position. I'm not having them telling me ''this is real fighting'', when you can do such a lame thing like that lol. Thats about as far away from real fighting as possible.
We should also remove the 265 lb weight limit, that way you can join the UFC and take the belt from these puny manlets

Yeah when they change that rule, it'll get better for sure.
Andy Forster is trying to abolish that rule though....fingers crossed sir.

Back