What's the easiest way to tell if someone is a casual fan?

"Shaolin Monks and Navy Seals beat UFC fighters in hand to hand if there are no rules"

Casuals usually only are interested in knockouts.

They don't follow the fight game so they don't know the results of 95% of the fights. They'll tell you they saw jon jones knockout his last opponent when jones has been coasting for a while now. Or they heard about khabib knocking out his last opponent

When they bring up non-verifiable credentials, tell stories about how awesome they are, or in general feel the need to prove something.

If they make this facial expression

d79995e8-e351-4d3f-ba7a-5aaf601a58a6-jpeg.766314

Really underrated post right here, lol.

When they try and use the UFC p4p rankings systems as legitimate proof that fighter A is better than fighter B

People only call others "casuals" on the internet, most the time im ecstatic if someone is into MMA as much as me. I hardly run into people that don't think UFC is "stupid" or "barbaric".

I’ll compile a list of all the casual posters and put them in my sig

They use a lot of MMA buzzwords and Roganisms.

They say stuff like "Dude the Newton vs Hughes fight should've been called a draw, Hughes was out too bro" like yeah sure but after the ref had stopped the fight you could see Hughes recovered quicker, so the result was fair. Fucking casuals man

Casual fans try to watch the big fights and catch the highlights, but otherwise watch <25% of UFC fights.
Guess I’m a filthy casual. Call me casual, but I don’t have any interest in watching wmma or the 15th ranked male strawweight looking like a ten year old. No thanks!

If they never heard of condomdepot.com

To be fair I was attending UFC events live back in '03 but my join date makes me a filthy casual.

I browsed Sherdog for a few years before I made an account. Back then it was only Sherdog and MMAWeekly. Time flies.

If they thought Conor was going to beat Floyd.

Back