What's the most frustrating game you play?

Escape from Tarkov Arena. They added a killcam there unlike the main game so you can see all the cheaters using desync to kill you.

X-COM 2

Demons Souls

Killer 7 (Killer 8 Mode)

Ocarina of Time (cause of water temple)

Pokemon Snap
Out of those I only played X-COM 2 and usually I like turn based strategy games (grew up in the SNES era playing final fantasy and pokemon red). But I had to put that shit down.

Out of those I only played X-COM 2 and usually I like turn based strategy games (grew up in the SNES era playing final fantasy and pokemon red). But I had to put that shit down.
Yeah, its designed to torture you basically. I know some players get off on that. But I prefer a more moderate strategy rpg, like fire emblem or Tactics Ogre, FF tactics is good too

Reactions: 666
Probably RDR2. I've been playing it for like a year and I love the atmosphere and whatnot, but it's extremely repetitive and the combat is boring as f. So I usually just play like half a chapter before getting bored and then going back to it months later.

I'm in the 2nd half of it now though so I might just try hard to finish it. I've never liked Rockstar games because they mostly feel like travel with shitty gameplay. It's particularly apparent in RDR2 especially since they made everything (including fast travel) pretty clunky although I love the western setting.

I've never liked shooters, but 'press Q to hide behind something, right click, turn on dead eye and head shot everyone' rinse repeat is absolute non-gameplay combat to me. It's really garbage. People trashed Witcher 3's gameplay, but it was way better than that.

I finished that a few months ago and found it to be a complete slog as well. It took me maybe 10 months to complete it but that's because like you I'd go long periods where I couldn't be fucked playing it

It has a lot of good qualities in terms of its environment and immersive qualities but I thought the story and mission design sucked ass for the most part. When almost every mission has to end in a huge gunfight the plot starts feeling formulaic and predictable.

People saying it's a western epic when it really feels more like a sitcom, where every episode Dutch has a hairbrained scheme that's obviously going to end in a disasterous gunfight and so everyone saddles up and argues about whether it's a good idea and it ends in disasterous gunfight but don't worry, Dutch has a plan to get them out of this pickle but admittedly it's a risky one so everyone saddles up and argues about whether it's a good idea and it ends in a disasterous gunfight but Dutch is already cooking up a new scheme that'll pay off big time they just gotta be careful this time so everyone saddles up ...

I guess you could say the same about GTA to an extent, but the fact you're riding around in cars and helicopters and shit makes getting to the missions one of the best parts of the game, and also opens up more mission variety. When in RDR you've gotta travel everywhere on a horse ...

I finished that a few months ago and found it to be a complete slog as well. It took me maybe 10 months to complete it but that's because like you I'd go long periods where I couldn't be fucked playing it

It has a lot of good qualities in terms of its environment and immersive qualities but I thought the story and mission design sucked ass for the most part. When almost every mission has to end in a huge gunfight the plot starts feeling formulaic and predictable.

People saying it's a western epic when it really feels more like a sitcom, where every episode Dutch has a hairbrained scheme that's obviously going to end in a disasterous gunfight and so everyone saddles up and argues about whether it's a good idea and it ends in disasterous gunfight but don't worry, Dutch has a plan to get them out of this pickle but admittedly it's a risky one so everyone saddles up and argues about whether it's a good idea and it ends in a disasterous gunfight but Dutch is already cooking up a new scheme that'll pay off big time they just gotta be careful this time so everyone saddles up ...

I guess you could say the same about GTA to an extent, but the fact you're riding around in cars and helicopters and shit makes getting to the missions one of the best parts of the game, and also opens up more mission variety. When in RDR you've gotta travel everywhere on a horse ...
I agree with you to an extent but I've always been into the spaghetti westens with Clint Eastwood so I might be a bit bias but I thought the story was awesome especially if you played RDR1.

Still nothing like mowing down 100 people on a sidewalk in a tank like in GTA. You have my vote good sir.

Session.

Some days I'm doing really well and the next I can barely ollie up a curb and have no clue what I'm doing differently. Also, using the triggers to turn never feels any less awkward than the first time you play it.

Last edited:
That's your problem right there. RDR2 is an insanely good and robust sandbox, with a fairly by the numbers campaign with the dated Rockstar formula of traveling between mission markers to do the same old cover shooting scenarios with cut scenes, over and over again. Fucking around in the world is where most of the fun is at, and where you really get a sense of just how crazy the programming in the game really is. Barring certain limitations, if you can think it, you can do it.

The "bounty" system is kind of shitty and obnoxious, like you said, and can impede on the fun you're trying to have with the game. Given all the attention to detail that is in the game and how authentic things feel, it is weird how that system is a bit broken and completely unrealistic.

Yeah I'm in the Beaver Hollow area. I have a bottle of Bourbon and I'm going to try to finish the story this weekend and then I'll get around to the sandbox stuff. I've seen some videos and it does seem like a game that's more fun to just goof around in. That's all I did when I played GTA V, but I've been playing this game more like I played Witcher 3.

lol. And recently Arthur has turned into a whiney b*tch as well. Dutch is an idiot and he always has another bright idea like you said, but I think I prefer him to Arthur at this point. I wish this game had RP options and I could choose whether to be a whiney b*tch or not.

I love that game, once you figure out the mechanics it's pretty good. And after dying 50 times to a boss and defeating it I get a giant feeling of satisfaction.

The thing that was frustrating to me though was they don't really tell you where to go so I went South East to one of the hardest regions first and got my ass kicked by those T-Rex things.. After struggling my way through there and finally getting out to a new area and everything was easier I realized I fucked up.

Darkest Dungeon Black Reliquary mod. It's a much harder version of the original Darkest Dungeon game.

Darkest Dungeon Black Reliquary mod. It's a much harder version of the original Darkest Dungeon game.
Sounds frustrating. I wiki'd it and read rogue like RPG. I don't like stealth games other than Assassin's Creed. I'd rather 'Fus Rah Doh' people off a cliff.

I'll look into it though. Seems to have good reviews.

Didn’t play it for that long but Blasphemous, should just re name it cheap death.

Ok I beat the RDR2 story. I played around a bit with just doing random stuff, but it seems really repetitive. Only so many ways to terrorize and kill NPCs. The map is super well done though. It's nice to explore.

I now started Death Stranding and this game is way worse. I saw the Dunkey video years ago, but I thought that, since people trashed MGSV and I really liked it, I might actually like this game. So far it sucks ass. Just walking while balancing yourself with some nonsense in between and pressing spacebar to climb stuff. Really don't know how Kojima thought this was a good idea so far. I played the entire MGS series during covid back to back (after playing 1-3 when I was younger) and that was one of the better gaming experiences I've had.

Ok I beat the RDR2 story. I played around a bit with just doing random stuff, but it seems really repetitive. Only so many ways to terrorize and kill NPCs. The map is super well done though. It's nice to explore.

I now started Death Stranding and this game is way worse. I saw the Dunkey video years ago, but I thought that, since people trashed MGSV and I really liked it, I might actually like this game. So far it sucks ass. Just walking while balancing yourself with some nonsense in between and pressing spacebar to climb stuff. Really don't know how Kojima thought this was a good idea so far. I played the entire MGS series during covid back to back (after playing 1-3 when I was younger) and that was one of the better gaming experiences I've had.
Yea. Don't know if I said this already but it taking 10 seconds to skin an animal or gathering herbs was the most frustrating part for me.

Yeah I like Eternal more too and it's probably even more frustrating than 2016 but both are excellent games worth playing if you get the chance.

Just circling around the arenas and picking off enemies works well on UV but on NM you really have to prioritize the most dangerous pieces on the board or they will end you, especially in Eternal. That game is so hectic haha. You're right about seizure inducing.
I remember playing against some boss near the end and it was extremely annoying. Some general or something. I had to switch powers to quicken changing weapons to beat him. Later, you get to fight him with other fuckers.

To hell with that.

I recently stopped playing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game after I realized it just wasn't fun anymore. It's an asymm, so naturally life is easier if you play as a killer, but holy shit -- the playerbase of the killers does NOTHING but bitch online at the devs, so they have made it impossibly frustrating to play as a victim due to the constant nerfs. It is supposed to be a stealth game if you are a victim, but the only way to actually fucking escape is to rush as quickly as possible to the exits and hope everyone is doing the same so the killers are too distracted to get you. It's just luck and hoping the killers suck. Also, the netcode and matchmaking is some of the worst I have seen in a very long time. Don't waste your money

Team Fortress 2 with my son, because of the Bot infestation.

Back