What's the worst thing about having kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the worst part of parenthood, but having very little time to yourself sucks.

Like when you're just trying to play some videogames for an hour at night, and they wake up crying. Fuuuuuck don't they know you can't pause a Fromsoft game??

It's not the worst part of parenthood, but having very little time to yourself sucks.

Like when you're just trying to play some videogames for an hour at night, and they wake up crying. Fuuuuuck don't they know you can't pause a Fromsoft game??
I feel your pain. Elden Ring was rough at times with an infant. Sometime you just had to die even when you were doing well and pick it up later. And more than a few times I had a sleeping baby on my chest while trying to take a major boss lol.

What's tee ball? Thanks brada, don't forget. Your thoughts are always appreciated in my serious thread.

Well, that was sorta the joke... Q: "what's the worst thing about having kids?" A: Waking up early and going out to do stuff I don't want to do.

But in seriousness, the toughest thing is lack of mobility and lack of time. Children are time consuming! Also, the wife and I never get a date night or anything. We don't have family we can just drop them off at when we need a break. It's non-stop, particularly if you want to be a good job and not suck like mine did.

That my mind is never at peace. When they're out of my sight, the gears in my brain are spinning and I'm worrying all the time.

A lot of people who has kids say that those kids bring them fulfilment. But I also think having kids can bring a lot of inconvenience too.

You have to care for them, and when something happen to them you get worried and sad. You also have to sacrifice a lot of money to raise them. You have to clean their poop.

For sherbros who has kids, what's the worst thing about having them based on your experience? Is it really worth it in your opinion?

First I would say that it is a misconception that kids make you happy: there are probably other things that could make you happier. However, having kids gives your life meaning and purpose in a way few other things can do. That's more important than happiness, in my opinion.

The worst thing about having kids is that you worry about them. My eldest has never thrived in school and plays truant a lot. It's going better, but I'm always a bit apprehensive on his part. That's part of the nature of love.

I honestly never want kids. One of my fave people is my nephew, he looks up to me and always comes to me if he has a problem or random questions. He had his first sleepover a few years back and some older kid picked on him and called him chubby boy.

I knew the father and I called him up right away, I was so pissed off I could've killed that kid.

I honestly never want kids. One of my fave people is my nephew, he looks up to me and always comes to me if he has a problem or random questions. He had his first sleepover a few years back and some older kid picked on him and called him chubby boy.

I knew the father and I called him up right away, I was so pissed off I could've killed that kid.

We've all had experiences with bullying, but when it happens to your kid it's just another level of torment.

I was at a kid's birthday party once, and another kid stole my son's juice box and then taunted him about it. I wanted to rip that kid's eyes out. But unfortunately there was nothing I could realistically do other than comfort my son.

We've all had experiences with bullying, but when it happens to your kid it's just another level of torment.

I was at a kid's birthday party once, and another kid stole my son's juice box and then taunted him about it. I wanted to rip that kid's eyes out. But unfortunately there was nothing I could realistically do other than comfort my son.
I never was picked on so I can’t imagine how it must suck, I’ve worked with gorgeous models who get bullied on line, must be torture.

Yeah and the fact my nephew teared up and became self conscious even to me and didn’t like himself for a second. I was ready to fill a room with uppercuts.

But thankfully I knew his dad and he readily made his boy apologize.

The worst part is the financial impact. Raising kids is really expensive. Being a married couple with two incomes and no kids is such a different financial reality.

Being a parent can also impact your friendships—particularly if your friends also have kids. Contrasting parenting styles can put a real strain on a friendship.

Honest answer: the worst part of parenting is you sacrifice your free time. My kids are 7 and 5. I basically have no friends of my own anymore. My evenings and weekends go to taking my kids to their activities. Sports, Boy Scouts for my son, Girl Guides for my daughter, my son’s art class, my daughters ballet class, their friends’ birthday parties etc.

Honest answer: the worst part of parenting is you sacrifice your free time. My kids are 7 and 5. I basically have no friends of my own anymore. My evenings and weekends go to taking my kids to their activities. Sports, Boy Scouts for my son, Girl Guides for my daughter, my son’s art class, my daughters ballet class, their friends’ birthday parties etc.
It's a total rollercoaster. Mine are 13 and 15 and everything revolves around their stuff and our friends keep dropping off. We ended up making friends with older couples who were empty nesters who were always down for dinner and drinks.

I am slightly terrified for when the kids are off to college cause i will have even less friends and not even my kids around to leach off socially.

One thing that has boosted our social life was joining the local golf club. Friday night couples socials are a blast. Mostly people older than us.

I feel your pain. Elden Ring was rough at times with an infant. Sometime you just had to die even when you were doing well and pick it up later. And more than a few times I had a sleeping baby on my chest while trying to take a major boss lol.
lol I was going through exactly this with Elden Ring and Dark Souls- Pulled it off though !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back