What's your favorite non-firearm self-defense weapon?

i have an extendable baton near my bed but i doubt it would hold up since its a cheap one and i've broken it once before. otherwise i agree with the common sense answer. also never hurts to be wearing a pair of steel toed boots.

My skateboard.

Seriously though I have broken an attackers arm with one. I can wield it with one arm, it's legal to carry pretty much anywhere, and I can escape nearly anyone on foot with it. I think muggers assume someone with a skateboard isn't carrying much money and could be handful so they don't target them.

I keep mine in my car with a case of water and a backpack tent in case SHTF here in LA. I could skate out of the city faster than driving in an evac situation.

You like your hand being all broke up? That will be the result of any sustained fist fight.

Obviosly used to training with mittens on so your hands will be be broke up..

Pepper spray to the face, then telescopic baton

Being aware of your surroundings. I had a couple of instances with knives.
One guy pulled a knife on me, I picked up a stool and said come on then. He put the knife away.
My mate tried to stab me with a fake knife at his engagement party and I wasn't paying attention but dropped him with a wrist lock from ninjutsu.
I think knowing the difference of what weapons will do is vital. Do you have small/large space available? Does the opponent have a thrust, swipe or club weapon?

My favorite weapon is whatever I can find. I'm not in a war zone or street war, I should be fine with whatever is at hand.

My skateboard.

Seriously though I have broken an attackers arm with one. I can wield it with one arm, it's legal to carry pretty much anywhere, and I can escape nearly anyone on foot with it. I think muggers assume someone with a skateboard isn't carrying much money and could be handful so they don't target them.

I keep mine in my car with a case of water and a backpack tent in case SHTF here in LA. I could skate out of the city faster than driving in an evac situation.

I've actully know this to happen on several cases. Skateboarder is offered a fight and wins via hitting thug with the board or in some cases if you nose and tail grind a lot you can slice your foe pretty good with the ends.

images

I always have one of these in my vehicles. Generally very useful to have with the plus of being great at blinding and smashing people.

This is mine too. My second favorite is scissors. I have an unbelievable machete from the Phillipines, but those two are great because you can put them anywhere inconspicuously.

Those things are expensive. Can you take those on an airplane.

Yes, but Benchmade doesn't make anything that isn't totally overpriced. I love their stuff though. I don't why you couldn't take it on a plane. It's just a pen :icon_twis

Swiss knife. You can carry it everywhere and no one is saying and pointing to you because it is a fucking swiss knife and seen as a multi-purpose tool but it got some little knife in it so you can use it to cut someone.

I got one with me 24/7 and one small one that still is useful for SD as my keychain

I've actully know this to happen on several cases. Skateboarder is offered a fight and wins via hitting thug with the board or in some cases if you nose and tail grind a lot you can slice your foe pretty good with the ends.

The one time I've seen a skateboard used a guy blocked it with his arm and the truck broke his elbow. Fight over in one blow.

Besides from my fighting skills.
I would pick a Nunchuck or Katana.

Shit infinity, i wouldn't want you swinging that shit at me. even a guy my size could do some serious damage with it.

What's your favorite non-firearm self-defense weapon?

My Dakota thumb-operated folding knife. 4 inch blade with serrated cutting edge. Entire frame made of easy-to-clean stainless steel.

The blade is very easy to sharpen and holds a wicked cutting edge, not mention easy to open even with construction gloves on.

As a knife combat student and knife maker myself, I know a good blade when I see one.

Back