What's your go to movie scene that makes you cry no matter what?

Lion king gets me every time

That scene at the end of Schindler's List is really powerful. The guy just hit all at once with the absolute enormity of what was done and how much more could have been done. Anybody human can empathize with that.

Another one that kinda fucks me up is in Requiem for a Dream,when Jared Leto's character finds out his mom is hooked on pills and then weeps in a cab but then takes drugs and is completley emotionless,his mom forgotten.

christmas-miracle-its-a-wonderful-life.gif

Not movie but last episode of Samurai Jack season 5. Dear lord that's a bitter sweet ending.

I'm going to change it up on this one. After watching Saving Private Ryan a few times and knowing the plot of the movie. The beginning of the movie now hits me in the feels. You know who the old man is and what he went through and the graves around him. The old man walking through the cemetery with his family behind him. Also, what makes it sad is how you can see your own grandpa in that scene. If you're a gen Xer or an older millennial your grandpa fought in WW2, which for me, helps me relate to the scene.

There are a bunch for me. Last one was Christmas Story when father gives him the gun without telling mother. What a joyful scene. As a kid I was pumped during this scene for Ralphie. as a father myself now I feel the scene in a much different way.

Same. As an adult I watch the Christmas Story much differently. The scene after the Ralphie gets in a fight and the Mom is more caring/concerned than mad. Feels bro

selmas walk - dancer in the dark. Everytime.

Inigo Montoya: Offer me money.
Count Rugen: Yes!
Inigo Montoya: Power, too, promise me that.
[He slashes his other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please ...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me anything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Anything you want ...
[Rugen knocks Inigo's sword aside and lunges. But Inigo traps his arm and aims his sword at Rugen's stomach]
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of a bitch!

Series... probably watching Archie Bunker mourn Edith's passing.

Movies... I didn't really cry, but (as a parent) watching Giovanni Ribisi die in Saving Private Ryan hits you right in the feels. Young kid, runs off to serve, and dies in the mud in a foreign land calling for his mother... was legitimately enough to make my son reconsider and decide against being a soldier.

Its from a TV show, that if I remember correctly wasn't very good, but this scene killed me. The main character has terminal cancer, and her son, who hasn't really accepted the fact that his mom is going to die soon, finds a storage locker she bought with years worth of presents for future birthdays/graduations etc.

db804d99-1699-4a5c-821f-659e337afeff_text.gif

The end of Its a Wonderful Life. Happy tears, but I'm powerless to stop them.

Back