What's your next purchase? v2

I got some accessories for my AR for my birthday. A red dot scope and foregrip. I'll get those mounted tomorrow. Got another mag too.

Really wanting a M&P Shield for concealed carry. Probably in .40 since I have a decent amount of ammo already.

Isn't impulse buying wonderful? I went out to eat Chinese food with my wife, checked out the gun store/range close to it and next thing you know, $955 is gone

Arsenal/saiga sgl-21-61

rsaHv.jpg

Well, I did say I was planning on buying up AKs

I'm shoppin around for a Glock 20 right now. Its gonna be super badass

Isn't impulse buying wonderful? I went out to eat Chinese food with my wife, checked out the gun store/range close to it and next thing you know, $955 is gone

Arsenal/saiga sgl-21-61

rsaHv.jpg

Congrats. I am Jelly.

It's the most expensive stock AK I've ever bought. Only comes with one 5-round magazine. Besides with manual and a cardboard box, it comes with nothing else.

It's the most expensive stock AK I've ever bought. Only comes with one 5-round magazine. Besides with manual and a cardboard box, it comes with nothing else.

I about to ask why it was so much but then noticed it was by Arsenal. Its a thing a beauty and it should live up to Arsenal rep. So I would say you did good.

Arsenal/saiga sgl-21-61

rsaHv.jpg

I know these rifles well, I can tell you they are exceptionally accurate but heat up very quickly. These rifles are one of a few from Arsenal which are touted as the best money can buy, so you've got a respectable weapon.

Guess I should make up my mind and buy something soon before the government decides to turn us into Commiefornia. Got to get my money right first.

Can anyone recommend a good low priced AK? Not something garbage but a good value.

Guess I should make up my mind and buy something soon before the government decides to turn us into Commiefornia. Got to get my money right first.

Can anyone recommend a good low priced AK? Not something garbage but a good value.

My advice to you is to hit all the local mom and pop gun shops up, pawn shops, local papers/advertisements and look for a Norinco AK variant. These are among the best of the best and can still be bought for a legitimate price if you do not look online. If you can get it under $600, do it. A few things to check are if the serial numbers match on all of the parts. If they do not, the value is decreased as a result though the function in most cases should not be affected.

If you're looking for something cheaper, the Saiga sporters are always a great value but are ugly as hell and need to be converted. Which if you then do some research, will lead to a nice little quest to out fit your rifle properly. These sporters can be bought for $350 -$400 and are excellent platform weapons. Respected companies such as Arsenal actually buy these sporters, convert them, and sell to the American market.

Last edited:
My advice to you is to hit all the local mom and pop gun shops up, pawn shops, local papers/advertisements and look for a Norinco AK variant. These are among the best of the best and can still be bought for a legitimate price if you do not look online. If you can get it under $600, do it. A few things to check are if the serial numbers match on all of the parts. If they do not, the value is decreased as a result though the function in most cases should not be affected.

If you're looking for something cheaper, the Saiga sporters are always a great value but are ugly as hell and need to be converted. Which if you then do some research, will lead to a nice little quest to out fit your rifle properly. These sporters can be bought for $350 -$400 and are excellent platform weapons. Respected companies such as Arsenal actually buy these sporters, convert them, and sell to the American market.

You can also likely find a Yugo M70 variant with a few extra's for under $600 new in box if you do a google search. Try some sites out like Atlanticfirearms.com for example, aimsurplus.com etc.

Will do. Thanks. Are the WASRs from Henderson Firearms (I think that's the name) decent for $550? I just came across them while googling and apparantly they only sell ones without canted sights and tight(er) magazines.

Will do. Thanks. Are the WASRs from Henderson Firearms (I think that's the name) decent for $550? I just came across them while googling and apparantly they only sell ones without canted sights and tight(er) magazines.

I would not buy a wasr for $550, if I could get one sub $350 used I would, other than that I would recommend another company besides Century in most cases. Not all of their rifles are bad by any means, but you can do much better for that price. I am under the impression most of Centurys negative reputation today was born years ago now and their quality of manufacturing has picked up. So I would bet Hendersons isnt the only place to get a wasr that does not have the canted front sites and magazine wobble. Overall the rifles will shoot for you, but their quality for the price you've listed simply isnt there in my opinion. I recommend some patience and looking for a better quality rifle at around the same price.

Last edited:
I would not buy a wasr for $550, if I could get one sub $350 used I would, other than that I would recommend another company besides Century in most cases. Not all of their rifles are bad by any means, but you can do much better for that price. I am under the impression most of Centurys negative reputation today was born years ago now and their quality of manufacturing has picked up. So I would bet Hendersons isnt the only place to get a wasr that does not have the canted front sites and magazine wobble. Overall the rifles will shoot for you, but their quality for the price you've listed simply isnt there in my opinion. I recommend some patience and looking for a better quality rifle at around the same price.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking for sure. I've spent $600 on car and home repairs this week so I don't think I'll be buying right away so I've got time to look.

I'm not sure. I used to have some kind of Mossberg 30-06, sold it. Now I'm reconsidering getting another good bolt action that I could throw a nice scope on. Taking any and all suggestions if you guys know of any reliable, fairly priced models.

I have a Mossberg 4x4 in .30-06, it is a good rifle. Mine has a grey laminate stock, fluted barrel, detachable magazine, a muzzlebrake and it has that silver marinecote finish to protect it from the elements. It also has the Lightning Bolt Action trigger that can apparently be adjusted from 2 to 7 lbs. I haven't bothered adjusting mine as it seemed to be quite manageable out of the box. The rifle came mounted with a cheap Barska 3-9X40mm scope, mine has worked ok so far but I've heard of many people having problems with their optics. I recently bought a Redfield scope so I will be replacing it soon anyway.

This is the one I have:
Mossberg 4x4

That's taken from the Canadian site, no doubt prices are somewhat different in the US. It's a good rifle for the price up here though.

Last edited:
I asked for gun accessories for my birthday. Here's my S&W M&P 15 sport with my new additions.
The model I have is very basic and I should have taken a before picture.
I added a Bushnell red dot scope, quad rails, and a vertical foregrip.
0ca4b93c.jpg

Here's what it looked like out of the box.
02790dff.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Mossberg 4x4 in .30-06, it is a good rifle. Mine has a grey laminate stock, fluted barrel, detachable magazine, a muzzlebrake and it has that silver marinecote finish to protect it from the elements. It also has the Lightning Bolt Action trigger that can apparently be adjusted from 2 to 7 lbs. I haven't bothered adjusting mine as it seemed to be quite manageable out of the box. The rifle came mounted with a cheap Barska 3-9X40mm scope, mine has worked ok so far but I've heard of many people having problems with their optics. I recently bought a Redfield scope so I will be replacing it soon anyway.

This is the one I have:
Mossberg 4x4

That's taken from the Canadian site, no doubt prices are somewhat different in the US. It's a good rifle for the price up here though.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here. I'll assume it probably goes for a little cheaper, simply because Cabelas charges up the ass. Another great suggestion, thank you, kind sir.

Back