What's Your Next Purchase? V5

My next purchase is small rifle primers! I had a few thousand but I really screwed up not stock piling. Note to all new reloaders buy a lot when it’s plentiful.

eM5s4FQ.jpg

Got the lower 95% installed, just waiting on a v7 mag catch and a talon. I thought I had another talon safety but I can't find it. Oh well. Should all be done in 2ish weeks.

TriggerTech diamond ar10 model in this is equally as awesome as my other. Really nice trigger. Trying to compare this to my Geissele NM is interesting. Tbh with the TriggerTech "first stage" of .25 lbs I honestly just see this trigger as a single stage with a very short take up. Where as the Geissele has a 1.5 lb first stage and 8 oz second stage. Even though the pull weight of the TriggerTech is lighter in some ways with the way the Geissele works it almost feels lighter. When you are resting on the wall you no longer really feel that 1.5 lb pull of the first stage so at that point it only feels like a half lb trigger. Both a great I'd have to do some back to back live fire with them. But in dry firing I really like them both. Ease of install and adjustment is a massive pro for the TriggerTech. Geissele triggers are kind of a pita tbh.

eM5s4FQ.jpg

Got the lower 95% installed, just waiting on a v7 mag catch and a talon. I thought I had another talon safety but I can't find it. Oh well. Should all be done in 2ish weeks.

TriggerTech diamond ar10 model in this is equally as awesome as my other. Really nice trigger. Trying to compare this to my Geissele NM is interesting. Tbh with the TriggerTech "first stage" of .25 lbs I honestly just see this trigger as a single stage with a very short take up. Where as the Geissele has a 1.5 lb first stage and 8 oz second stage. Even though the pull weight of the TriggerTech is lighter in some ways with the way the Geissele works it almost feels lighter. When you are resting on the wall you no longer really feel that 1.5 lb pull of the first stage so at that point it only feels like a half lb trigger. Both a great I'd have to do some back to back live fire with them. But in dry firing I really like them both. Ease of install and adjustment is a massive pro for the TriggerTech. Geissele triggers are kind of a pita tbh.
I love my Geissele SD-C trigger but I've gotten way too used to fully drop in sets like that Elfman does that the Geissele being that "two part" system still bugs me.

I have an MRO, the regular MRO. Does ANYONE make lens caps for this fucking thing? Every lense cap I find is either the bikini ones (that I hate) or for the MRO Patrol that is the flip cap and I have no idea if that will fit in a regular MRO.

OR, I find an objective flip cap but no cap for the portion of the optic closest to your eye (can't remember what it's called derp derp).

I have an MRO, the regular MRO. Does ANYONE make lens caps for this fucking thing? Every lense cap I find is either the bikini ones (that I hate) or for the MRO Patrol that is the flip cap and I have no idea if that will fit in a regular MRO.

OR, I find an objective flip cap but no cap for the portion of the optic closest to your eye (can't remember what it's called derp derp).

There isn't enough room on the standard mro for an ocular lens cap iirc.

There is this thing though

AC31021__OPEN_90.jpg

p_892000262_7.jpg

From what I've read the tenebraex ones will fit the mro....
I use them on different scopes of mine and they are really nice.....I don't use anything on my mro though....well, aside from the neoprene cover.

I need to start looking at scopes for my AR10. Want a PST Gen 2 (5-25) but can't decide if I should go MOA or MRAD.

Anyone have experience with either and can say which they prefer and why?

Thanks. Didn’t realize the Strike Eagle had that many features. I always figured it wouldn’t have FFP and it wouldn’t have a zero stop either. Guess I got a new scope on my list.

All the digging I’ve done on MOA v MRAD seems to boil down to are you more comfortable in meters or inches.

Thanks. Didn’t realize the Strike Eagle had that many features. I always figured it wouldn’t have FFP and it wouldn’t have a zero stop either. Guess I got a new scope on my list.

All the digging I’ve done on MOA v MRAD seems to boil down to are you more comfortable in meters or inches.

Pretty much, people I shoot with use mrad and I like it. Once you get used to it the adjustments at range and holds are easier imo

Pretty much, people I shoot with use mrad and I like it. Once you get used to it the adjustments at range and holds are easier imo
That’s kind of where I’ve been leaning. The guys I know that are good long range shooters all use MRAD.

Now if my Biden bucks could show up for me to get that Strike Eagle that’d be swell lol

MRAD is becoming more and more the go to platform, if you also use meters they coincide well and math becomes less rounded.

The only reason I would get MOA SFP scope is if I could get a killer deal on it and I was fixing to dial. But aside from that situation I would recommend MILs and a Christmas tree reticle.

MRAD is becoming more and more the go to platform, if you also use meters they coincide well and math becomes less rounded.

The only reason I would get MOA SFP scope is if I could get a killer deal on it and I was fixing to dial. But aside from that situation I would recommend MILs and a Christmas tree reticle.
The Xmas tree reticle means the one that has like 9 million holds in the lower half of the scope right? I know Vortex has them on everything from the Diamondback Tactical on up to their Razor line.

Another way to look at it I guess is how many clicks or marks you want to use to get out to the distance, like so:
261-mil-vs-moa.jpg

Obviously 6.6 is less to compute than 22.75 even though they end up in the same spot.

On the plus side for MOA since it's a smaller measurement grid its a bit more precise the further out you get.

Imagine if your target is 8 inches, (what she said) at 900 yards. And you're going for the center. Each 10th of a mil is going to jump more one way or the other compared to a 1/4 of MOA.

But if you're trying to get out there and just hit something, Mils seems quicker.

My personal issue with MILs, MRADS etc is I spent 17+ years with MOA. When I look through my Scope at some shit I'm fix'n to shot at 600 yards say, I can just reckon it looks like 3 clicks or 1 min over or whatever and chances are I'm on it. I tried zeroing a Mil/Mil scope using my internal windage scale and it was all completely fucked up and outa whack. I didn't dig it. And since I knew I don't practice like I used to I figured I'd stick with the skills I got and shitcanned the scope real quick. Now I got MOA horus reticle with MOA adjustments on a practice 22 and I'm pretty tuned into it without trying. Reticle's a bit busy though.

A buddy of mine who never spent the time with MOA that I have picked up MILS real quick and highly advocates it, (just not to me)

My 2 cents as a common imbecile.

Neither either is going to be worth a shit unless you spend the time to proficiency with it doh.

Another way to look at it I guess is how many clicks or marks you want to use to get out to the distance, like so:
261-mil-vs-moa.jpg

Obviously 6.6 is less to compute than 22.75 even though they end up in the same spot.

On the plus side for MOA since it's a smaller measurement grid its a bit more precise the further out you get.

Imagine if your target is 8 inches, (what she said) at 900 yards. And you're going for the center. Each 10th of a mil is going to jump more one way or the other compared to a 1/4 of MOA.

But if you're trying to get out there and just hit something, Mils seems quicker.

My personal issue with MILs, MRADS etc is I spent 17+ years with MOA. When I look through my Scope at some shit I'm fix'n to shot at 600 yards say, I can just reckon it looks like 3 clicks or 1 min over or whatever and chances are I'm on it. I tried zeroing a Mil/Mil scope using my internal windage scale and it was all completely fucked up and outa whack. I didn't dig it. And since I knew I don't practice like I used to I figured I'd stick with the skills I got and shitcanned the scope real quick. Now I got MOA horus reticle with MOA adjustments on a practice 22 and I'm pretty tuned into it without trying. Reticle's a bit busy though.

A buddy of mine who never spent the time with MOA that I have picked up MILS real quick and highly advocates it, (just not to me)

My 2 cents as a common imbecile.

Neither either is going to be worth a shit unless you spend the time to proficiency with it doh.
Yeah, I haven't played a ton with MOA so I have been leaning towards MIL. Plus, most of the guys I shoot with are from the military so they do everything in meters as is and I'd rather not have to do mental conversions to use an MOA reticle with them.

There's a part of me regretting taking on this .308 AR10 build. The parts compatibility is fucking dumb. Some charging handles will fit DPMS uppers but not Gen2 uppers and I can't tell if my PSA upper is considered a Gen2 one or not.

There's a part of me regretting taking on this .308 AR10 build. The parts compatibility is fucking dumb. Some charging handles will fit DPMS uppers but not Gen2 uppers and I can't tell if my PSA upper is considered a Gen2 one or not.

Sell it and buy an Aero builders set

Back