What's your thoughts on Jiri performance?

What's your thoughts on Jiri performance?

• Total voters
Why is the only option to support the opponent (#1)? one that ALSO requires you to say the beaten guy was "great" tonight?

In a fight he lost?

The question structure you provide is data survey 101 bad bro,,, a double barrelled response right off the bat... you're #1 response requires two different responses to two different ideas and therefore compromises your entire survey and data set... Your question sucks...

A LOT OF PEOPLE might want to acknowledge the better fighter won without saying Jiri was great.

The next response removes the modal option for that and will then skew your results. Is that your intent?

I like Jiri as a person. He is humble and Carries himself well but aside from that.. For me Jiri was exposed in the Glover fight. He was fighting a 44 year old glover who beat the shxt out of him before before a hail Mary sub in the 5th..

JIRI don't belong with the top guys of his division. Hear me out on this Walker, Anka, Hall and Jan all beat him

I put bad. But it was mixed really. I thought he lost the 1st but made a good adjustment with the TD. The 2nd he looked good, but obviously didn't end well for him. He really had no counter for that leg kick. Got to give Izzy credit, guy is super durable to take so many of those leg kicks, Jiri's movement looked compromised after just a few.

I think the way Jiri carries himself is honorable.

That said, I have felt that he has always been overrated as a championship fighter, meaning he will probably end with a losing record in title fights by the end of his career.

Also, I think Goddard got the stoppage exactly right. Jiri folded on his feet and then his body went limp as he was getting elbowed. He was not intelligently defending.

Many times the perfect stoppage will seem a touch early because the loser doesn't have to eat the last 2‐3 damage shots but it's clear they would've landed without any resistance or defense from the losing fighter. It saves braincells.

Ridiculous.

His game is allover the place. That Glover fight was a really bad showing. Do rewatch that fight sometimes.. John Walker beats him 9 out of 10 stylistically. If walker can do that to you then you are not a top guy..

His game is allover the place. That Glover fight was a really bad showing. Do rewatch that fight sometimes.. John Walker beats him 9 out of 10 stylistically. If walker can do that to you then you are not a top guy..
How the fuck is Walker beating him "stylistically"

He's already beaten several guys better than Walker

How the fuck is Walker beating him "stylistically"

He's already beaten several guys better than Walker

He beat Reyes and Volkan these arent top good wins and they have aged bad

He beat Reyes and Volkan these arent top good wins and they have aged bad
Not top good wins? They were ranked in the top 10 and he got a title shot off those fights,which he also won.

They havent aged bad at all,those fighters will just never be the same after he killed them.

Decent. He actually mixed takedowns in, and while he was reckless, it wasn't as reckless as usual. He looked slower after the lay off though.

I was kind of disappointed at the lack of preparation for calf kicks. I mean he did it to Izzy twice already i would expect Jiri and his team to prepare better for that calf kick

Last edited:
I thought he was doing pretty well and I'm not sure if tagging Pereira in the 2nd round changed how he was fighting. I can't remember what led to the exchange that got him dropped.
Neither can Jiri

Not impressed, he was winning until he lost.

I mean, if he would continued to mix it up, there could be a path to victory, but he preferred to brawl with the better striker, so...

Jiri looked like the more naturally talented fighter when it came to speed and mixing things up.

Alex definitely the higher fight IQ and composure.

In this case Orthodox beat unorthodox, but this is one rematch down the road I'd like to see.

I was kind of disappointed at the lack of preparation for calf kicks. I mean he did it to Izzy twice already i would expect Jiri and his team to prepare a gameplanm

It's hard to prepare for low kicks in the span of 2 months, especially for a guy like Jiri, who fights so bladed. I think that mma guys need to build low kick defense into their style from the get go, so that their offense, TD defense all work even as they are checking low kicks. There are guys like Aldo and Yan who can do it, so it is possible.

O'Malley is another guy who tried to retrofit low kick defense into his style. When he fought Munhoz, he was very focused on checking, and had some success doing it, but it completely threw off his ability to attack because he lacked the experience to work both effectively.

I could’ve put elbowed to unconciousness I guess. Elbowed till he went limp? I guess death is a little hyperbolic.
Thought the stoppage was a bit early ….seen worse , but let Jiri go out ….Huge fan of both

Reactions: Yep
He looked like an amateur, it was like watching cage fighters

Back