When Did Concert Tickets Become Insane?

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay this much to see my favorite band play my favorite songs dedicated to me only. This is an extreme example but searching other bands and most are between $80-$150 for general admission. I haven't been to a show in a decade so maybe I'm just out of the loop

Attachments

• IMG_7978.png
    IMG_7978.png
    226 KB · Views: 12
I wouldn't pay this much to see my favorite band play my favorite songs dedicated to me only. This is an extreme example but searching other bands and most are between $80-$150 for general admission. I haven't been to a show in a decade so maybe I'm just out of the loop
Who the fuck you going to see sir?....GOD lol

Is that a reseller price? Otherwise i can't believe a Sleep Token show is that expensive.

Cannibal Corpse / Municipal Waste + 2 support are playing near where i live in a few months and its only £35 a ticket.

Napalm Death / Pig Destroyer a few weeks ago only cost me £28 per ticket

Is Elvis Presley coming back from the dead? Those prices are bonkers!

shit has been more expensive since COVID, its true. Just gotta pick and choose what is worth it to you.

Ticket prices shot up after artists and concert promoters saw how much people were willing to pay on resale sites like Stub Hub
Bands saw their $50 tickets reselling for 600 bucks and they werent seeing any of that extra cheddar so the band started charging $600 themselves, and it went on from there...

Is that a reseller price? Otherwise i can't believe a Sleep Token show is that expensive.

Cannibal Corpse / Municipal Waste + 2 support are playing near where i live in a few months and its only £35 a ticket.

Napalm Death / Pig Destroyer a few weeks ago only cost me £28 per ticket
I'm actually shocked Cannibal Corpse is that cheap.

There used to be protection from scalpers but apparently theres no enforcing that anymore? I refuse to pay huge ticket prices as most bands can be seen for under $40 and the best shows are in 200 person venues for $15 in my experience...

A good friend of mine spent $3k on Taylor Swift VIP tickets and didn't get any of the goodies that came with it as the reseller just kept them... He can afford to do stupid shit like that, plus he bought way over priced posters and shirts at the show... What a waste...

It used to be the tour was mostly to support album sales. The Jacksons tour made a killing but it was the exception. Then along came music sharing. Artists lost so much on sales that they had to flip the paradigm and make their money off of shows.

It used to be the tour was mostly to support album sales. The Jacksons tour made a killing but it was the exception. Then along came music sharing. Artists lost so much on sales that they had to flip the paradigm and make their money off of shows.
yeah gigs and merch are the revenue streams nowadays

Maybe not related but can someone explain how any festival works in terms of talent fees, expenses and margins?

If anyone who has legit experience with this sort of thing, please explain how much SOAD likely made in SNW 2023 and what the smaller acts KMDFM and Ice-T made? I guess the entire event was profitable because they're continuing the festival this year despite not being well managed last year.

Back