When did you start watching mma ?

When?

• Total voters
Had a minor interest since the Rashad/Rampage TUF season, watched a card on Fox or FS1 here and there, became a hardcore after UFC 189.

I started seeking out full contact combat sports in 86 or 87. I had a large amount of vhs cassettes with just random fight orgs of any and all disciplines. They were given to me by my dad's friend Ben Urquidez. I think his wife name was Sara and his daughter Monique. But I kind of remember a chat he and my papa had, about Ben maybe fighting one of the Gracie's but it never happened. So I have been around it and been watching it for a little while

i started watching in 05', during the first ultimate fighter on spike. was hooked ever since.

Back in the 90's I would rent the odd VHS UFC/Pride video when they had them available. But I didn't start really paying attention, waiting for events and watching live until around the TUF era.

1994, UFC 2. Had been doing martial arts / combat sports since 1986, and boxing had become my main competitive sport. The UFC and what the Gracies did was a real revolution. Didn't take us long to get our hands on some BJJ VHS tapes, to put it that way.

First PPV I bought was UFC 92, after watching UFC 91 at a bar in Montreal shortly beforehand.

I don't know the era...
I was training MMA, and heard people talking about it, so I started looking for it.
The first one I've watched was Pride 27, the one Mark kerr knocked himself out. :)

But the card was stacked. (Murilo) Rua, Cro Cop, Kharitonov, Vovchanchyn, yamamoto, Crazy Horse.... good old days where cards were memorable!
Just enjoy the Ride

I read about UFC1 in a newspaper and was very curious about it but I had no access to it. Finally saw the first UFCs in 97, but really got into MMA in 2002 with Pride

Back