When Hogan Faced Off With Mike Tyson

I remember in the 80's there were rumors that Vince was trying to put that togethet but obviously it never happened
Wonder if young angry vicious Mike wouldve agreed to do the honors and take the leg or if he woulda got coked out backstage and decided to change the finish in the ring

It was heavily discussed and an angle was in February of 1990 was supposed to lead to a WM match between Hogan and Tyson. Tyson was supposed to ref a match between Savage and Hogan and if went according to the plan, Tyson was supposed to screw Hogan out of a win and Savage becomes champ and faces the Ultimate Warrior in the The Ultimate Challenge and Hogan faces Tyson. But it wasn't meant to by as Tyson loses to Buster Douglas so Buster Douglas replaced Tyson as the special ref in the Savage/Hogan Main Event match and the Tyson/Hogan thing went to the wayside.

I remember hogan mentioned this years ago and people made fun of him, called him a liar. It might have been his book.

Maybe he did wrestle in front of elvis after all?

I remember hogan mentioned this years ago and people made fun of him, called him a liar. It might have been his book.

Maybe he did wrestle in front of elvis after all?

Eh, he's known for his tales. For instance, he claimed to have been originally offered the chance to hock what became the Foreman Grill. He can't get his story straight on what he decided to pitch. Also, he concocted this story when his own grill was released. Everyone wanted some of that cheddar from slingin' grills. Evander Holyfield got up in there, too.
H21368-L148650194.jpg

I remember in the 80's there were rumors that Vince was trying to put that togethet but obviously it never happened
Wonder if young angry vicious Mike wouldve agreed to do the honors and take the leg or if he woulda got coked out backstage and decided to change the finish in the ring

Would've been hilarious.

Back