When is the last time Dustin got outgrappled?

Its good that Dustin is fighting Khabib and the division is moving again.

Silly thing to say. Clearly this was at the very end of the round and Dustin knew he wasnt going to get choked out in 3 seconds. He wasnt defending at all because he wasnt worried. He has shown great sub defense in other fights. And yes i know he has lost to a D'Arce when he was super young into his career.
I know and im not saying it was gonna end the fight at that very moment and that he was close to passing out or anything, but that if it happened earlier on in the round, it would not have gone well for poirier although i could see him grappling his way outta it

It doesn't matter when the last time was, all that matters is he will be outgrappled in his next fight... Khabib made Johnson and Barboza look like amateurs on the ground, and both of them are no slouches on the ground. Both have great TDD, and he just ran through them. Plus both of those guys have very well rounded striking and he took everything they had and walked right through it. And Al is a much better grappler than Dustin, and even he looked lost on the mat with Khabib.

I think people just want to see Khabib lose, and the next challenger is always the one to do it.
<NoneOfMy>

I am just curious. Elaborate more on why you think Al is a much better grappler than Dustin?? Give me some examples in fights that show that he is.

When was the last time Khabib fought an elite fighter with a big heart like Dustin?

Spoiler alert: Never!

I am looking forward to this fight - Diamond is no shit. Tony and Poirier are the only ones at Lightweight (right now), who can hurt Khabib. Of course he will be the underdog, but we are gonna see the first time a busted up face of the Dagestani. That alone will not win a match.... of course.

Don't forget Gaethje and an upcoming fighter.
Gaethje clearly wants in.

Don't also forget Usman and Askren are interested.

I remember watching him and zombie not knowing when they were escaping and when the other guy was just making space to attack something else, that fight gets weirder the more you watch it

I am just curious. Elaborate more on why you think Al is a much better grappler than Dustin?? Give me some examples in fights that show that he is.

He hung with Khabib for 5 rounds and bested Kevin Lee twice. Both guys are extremely good grapplers at 155. On the flip side, do you think Poirer is a better grappler than Ragin Al?

Back