When Will Bo Nichal Get A Big Fight? What Are They Waiting For?

Weidman got fast tracked to the title, 8 fights and a bit over 4 years as a pro, he is still half way there to those numbers in fights and time as a pro, the UFC is in no hurry to get him huge fights and to be honest its not the wrong approach either, just keep him fighting is what they need to do and he is scheduled to fight at UFC 300.

Thats probably the reason the UFC shouldnt sign fighters with little to almost no fights under their belts, but hardcores put HUGE hype on them and seem to want him to skip over everyone and fight for the belt in his 5th fight when he is clearly not ready.

If they had waited on Nickal they risked losing him to another promotion.

Jon was 21 and had just beaten Stephan Bonnar who certainly wasn’t a can.

Jones 6th fight was Moyses Gabin, a 2-1 fighter.

Some of y'all want to Aaron Pico a hot pospect's career for no reason. It's completely unnecessary. Nickal's already on a very fast rise given his level of experience and time in the sport.

If they had waited on Nickal they risked losing him to another promotion.
Then just keep him busy, Omalley had a constant diet of cans minus Chito Vera before jumping to the deep end of the pool and it worked fine for him, Nickal can do the same, his striking needs a lot of work anyway.

His fight vs Pickett was a disappointment for me and gave me a sour taste. He absolutely nailed Pickett in the groin to get the td and then pretended like it didn’t happen afterwards. I need to see him in a few more fights to form an honest opinion.

It depends on whether they want to build him into a contender or sacrifice him at the UFC alter early in his career. I don't see that he is ready yet for top competition.

Bo needs to go slow. He's eventually going to fight someone decent who won't have gone anywhere after two minutes. What happens then? Remember what they did to Abus Magomedov?

Bo doesn't even have 10 minutes in the cage as a pro yet, how much of a step up in competition are you expecting?

I've read a few comments about him fighting cans, what has he had 4 fights and he's in the UFC already about to be on a PPV? That's going pretty quick really

Jones 6th fight was Moyses Gabin, a 2-1 fighter.

Some of y'all want to Aaron Pico a hot pospect's career for no reason. It's completely unnecessary. Nickal's already on a very fast rise given his level of experience and time in the sport.

Jon had his pro debut on April 12, 2008 and fought Moyses Gabin, his sixth opponent, on July 12, 2008. He debuted at UFC 87 against Andre Gusmao on August 9, 2008. In under four months, Jones fought seven times, beginning with his pro debut and culminating in his UFC promotional debut. That’s a highly unusual early career trajectory, but Jones was special. I think Bo is also a special talent who is probably capable of wrecking top ranked contenders right now.

I believe Weidman was his age the first time he fought Anderson so what's the hold up?
He’s been very vocal about not rushing and wanting to take his time. Unlike someone like Khazmat who has done nothing and wants a title shot, Bo is on record saying he doesn’t want to be fast tracked

Slow your roll. He only has 5 total fights and been competing for a year and a half. Let him develop.
Well, actually he had 2 amateur fights before turning pro. So it’s more like 7 fights and two and a half years of competing in MMA. He’s in his peak athletically, so if he beats Brundage he should fight a top15 guy or someone just outside the rankings.

Weidman got fast tracked to the title, 8 fights and a bit over 4 years as a pro, he is still half way there to those numbers in fights and time as a pro, the UFC is in no hurry to get him huge fights and to be honest its not the wrong approach either, just keep him fighting is what they need to do and he is scheduled to fight at UFC 300.

Thats probably the reason the UFC shouldnt sign fighters with little to almost no fights under their belts, but hardcores put HUGE hype on them and seem to want him to skip over everyone and fight for the belt in his 5th fight when he is clearly not ready.
Too bad he can't compete in something like Ring of Combat to get fights under his belt without unnecessary hype and expectation.

It depends on whether they want to build him into a contender or sacrifice him at the UFC alter early in his career. I don't see that he is ready yet for top competition.
I guess the UFC should re-create the WEC as a minor league if he's not ready for the big leagues it is sad to CM Punk him.

Lmao can't throw him to the wolves this soon, he's just had one fight in the ufc man. Brundage ain't a top 15 mw but he's certainly not a can, good ground game and solid power, imho he's a good test at this point.

He's been in the UFC less than a year...what the hell do you mean what are they waiting for?

I guess the UFC should re-create the WEC as a minor league if he's not ready for the big leagues it is sad to CM Punk him.

Or you could just match him up with appropriate opponents.

Back