Where can I find this maize bag

rskbreaker

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Where can I find this small maize bag. Spring is right around the corner and I'm looking for something portable to take to the park.

I believe it's a blitz bag, but I'm not sure if I can find it or something similar in the states. A little help please.

[YT]3lPu1uo1J5s&list=FL79D5Ad3yRvJ6KVjINS3Oyg[/YT]

Last edited:
I haven't asked, but after pounds to dollar conversion and at weight of 9 kg, I would imagine it would be pretty damn expensive.

I'm gonna go through the checkout to see what rates I get.

Edit:

Final bump for this post.

The bag doesn't have to be this exact one, perhaps something similar in size?

If I can't find one, I might try to modify my medicine bag by adding some D rings.

you can always just grab any old basketball you have kicking around cut it open dump some shop rags and a little sand bag for weight, wrap a rope around it, and duct tape the shit out of it. perfect cheap maze bag that you can leave outdoors tied to a tree.

i don't only try to make good quality gear i can also tell you how to make the same gear at a fraction of the cost. You can do almost anything with duct tape i tell you.

Mike @ Gorilla

don't see any up here in canada however i feel like getting some made just for the hell of it now that i know no one carries them in north america

Can't you make your own? I stitched my own with canvas (from old gi pants), and you've made much more complicated stuff than me (including a speedbag). You don't think you could do this? I think you (even I) could make a nice one out of an old crappy thriftstore leather jacket, some maize (broken corn), and carpet padding/foam rubber(optional)

don't see any up here in canada however i feel like getting some made just for the hell of it now that i know no one carries them in north america

Keep us posted.

Can't you make your own? I stitched my own with canvas (from old gi pants), and you've made much more complicated stuff than me (including a speedbag). You don't think you could do this? I think you (even I) could make a nice one out of an old crappy thriftstore leather jacket, some maize (broken corn), and carpet padding/foam rubber(optional)

Awesome! You should definitely post pics if you get the chance.

I probably could have made something myself. Sometimes I want to save myself the headache and buy instead. :)

Besides, my boy Tone C hooked me up.

there's one en-route to him.:cool:

Thanks buddy! It came in yesterday. Its fucking awesome! The perfect size.

Length is 13", circumference is 31"
A4BDEF09-E300-451C-95C4-26C38DF66EF2-5323-000002FC7F92BAD2_zpsca730d01.jpg

Keep us posted.

Awesome! You should definitely post pics if you get the chance.

I probably could have made something myself. Sometimes I want to save myself the headache and buy instead. :)

Besides, my boy Tone C hooked me up.

Thanks buddy! It came in yesterday. Its fucking awesome! The perfect size.

Length is 13", circumference is 31"
A4BDEF09-E300-451C-95C4-26C38DF66EF2-5323-000002FC7F92BAD2_zpsca730d01.jpg

No probs dude,thanks to you too...:wink:

You're welcome, mate!

I want the bag to have a nice weight, but I know sand will be too heavy and turn hard over time. Would a bag full of rice be a suitable substitute for maize? What other options do I have?

You're welcome, mate!

I want the bag to have a nice weight, but I know sand will be too heavy and turn hard over time. Would a bag full of rice be a suitable substitute for maize? What other options do I have?

I think using some Shredded Rubber Mulch could be a good idea. It's an inorganic material so it shouldn't turn funky, like maize or rice might.

I was actually considering of making one of these type bags by getting one of those extra large speed bags from Title, taking out the bladder and then lining it with carpet padding and filling it up with the shredded rubber, but I haven't had the time.

I think using some Shredded Rubber Mulch could be a good idea. It's an inorganic material so it shouldn't turn funky, like maize or rice might.

I was actually considering of making one of these type bags by getting one of those extra large speed bags from Title, taking out the bladder and then lining it with carpet padding and filling it up with the shredded rubber, but I haven't had the time.

Thanks for the tip. I'll pick up a bag tomorrow and give it a try.

I considered that idea as well. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the speed bag only has one small loop to support the weight, so I wasn't sure how it would hold up long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back