Where does Dustin rank all-time at 155?

Eddie was probably the weakest champ ever at LW. That fight was stopped way early imo when he beat RDA. Plus Dustin clearly beat Eddie.

I look at this like Featherweight GOAT conversations. The head to head isn't the most important aspect of it. Alvarez beat RDA and won a legitimate belt. He did the same in Bellator. He would have won the Dream GP if not for a cut and their title. You could also probably put Benson ahead of him due to title wins. If you wanted to flip flop these guys, it's not like I would be mad at it or it's a hill to die on, but Alvarez will always be underrated on these boards, just like Benson was in his prime.

Poirier has a very impressive resume and the interim title (for whatever good that helps) but still hasn't been undisputed champion and the window is getting smaller. I don't think anyone will argue he's top 5 of all time if he does get it though.

I look at this like Featherweight GOAT conversations. The head to head isn't the most important aspect of it. Alvarez beat RDA and won a legitimate belt. He did the same in Bellator. He would have won the Dream GP if not for a cut and their title. You could also probably put Benson ahead of him due to title wins. If you wanted to flip flop these guys, it's not like I would be mad at it or it's a hill to die on, but Alvarez will always be underrated on these boards, just like Benson was in his prime.
I can see it the other way around, I just don't agree with it for obvious reasons. Lol, Eddie is underated btw.

Strictly ufc I would go:
Khabib
Charles
Islam
Poirier
Ferguson
Bendo
Penn
Edgar
Cerrone
MIller

my main criteria being quality of wins in their original context and consistency,

Poirier defeated him and has better names in his record, sometimes a title is just a detail but thank you for answering.
So he beat an old Eddie, sometimes a little detail but thank you for answering
Eddie was probably the weakest champ ever at LW. That fight was stopped way early imo when he beat RDA. Plus Dustin clearly beat Eddie.
Eddie was near the end of the road at his career and beat RDA who most people thought was dominant. Eddie's resume is clearly better fighting better fighters in their primes at the height of the LW division.

Back