Where does Dustin rank all-time at 155?

Islam isn’t number 1 yet.

Dustin is behind pretty much anybody that won the actual undisputed LW Title. Probably the best LW that did not win the full title.

He’s made a lot of money. Probably way more than some past LW champs. But he’s just one step behind Khabib/Charles, and possibly Islam as well.

But he’s had a very good UFC career. I did pick him to beat BSD. But, I wasn’t expecting a finish by Dustin. He had a really good fight. Tested himself, and answered the bell.

Over time he’s entered into my top 5 favourite active male UFC fighters. I find him really easy to like. With his charity work. And even marketing his own hot sauce. And the entire mma community owes him for whooping Conor in brutal fashion twice in a row.

1710100456436.gif

There are too many multiple time defending champs to have dustin in the top 5. Some of you act like there's such incredibly rapid improvement in every division that things like title reigns lose all value within 5 years.

No. Stop it. That's dumb.

1-Islam
2-Khabib
3-BJ
4-Charles
5-Dustin

What you guys think?
As time goes on no one will be watching fights of Khabib, Jon jones, gsp ,

But Dustin they will he is one of the greatest

How on earth can you justify Islam at #1? The guy is clearly very good, but he's literally only defended the belt twice, against the same guy, who happens to be a featherweight. He needs 2-3 more defences to enter the conversation.

Islam does pass the eye test though. He feels like the most complete fighter we’ve seen in the division. He can do what Khabib did with wrestling and submissions, plus he has dangerous striking. I still personally have Khabib and BJ ahead because of the numbers as well, but it’s not that wild to see him as #1.

Poirier defeated him and has better names in his record, sometimes a title is just a detail but thank you for answering.
Impressive resume but winning a title is special. It means you can win when the pressure is on and perform when fighting for all the marbles. Poirier can beat most at anytime but fumbles when it's the big fight title every competitor wants to win.

Khabib
BJ
Islam
Charles
Dustin

Idc if he never won a belt. Nobody on the list would have won a belt against Prime Khabib either.
Yeah but he also couldn’t win one after Khabib left while he was still in his prime despite getting his shot

I would put Eddie Alvarez above him considering he won legitimate titles in multiple organizations.

I disagree, because I think the other organisations are lesser than the UFC and Dustin didn't spend his time fight there

Eddie captured ufc gold, but it was a bolt of lightning and he was never seriously seen as the top guy of the division

No disrespect to Eddie, he has some legit wins, but Dustins record shits all over him imo despite belts

Yeah but he also couldn’t win one after Khabib left while he was still in his prime despite getting his shot
Thats why I got Charlies above him. No disrespect to Eddie, but he was fortunate to win the belt before Khabibs reign, and he got finished by Dustin.

Dustins run leading up to Khabib, and before Charles, is epic.

Khabib
BJ
Islam
Charles
Dustin

Idc if he never won a belt. Nobody on the list would have won a belt against Prime Khabib either.

Yes agreed
Dustin has an insane resume and there is more to greatness than titles

Imagine such a world where one division had the calibre of jones, Silva, gsp, fedor, khabib etc level fighters in the one division at the same time

Another scenario where 10 years later, the division had a pile of medicore challengers with a champ that has multiple defences

Does the champ in the weak era go ahead of the number 2, 3 or 4 of the other era? No imo

Ali isn't the greatest hw in boxing history because of stats. He's the greatest because of who he fought and who he beat

Dustin is an absolute Top tier great despite never being the man of the division

Would I rather have his career or someone like Eddie Alveraz?

I would rather be Dustin

If we are going prime for prime Conor beats Poirier at 155. Khabib beats him, Islam beats him.

Thats why I got Charlies above him. No disrespect to Eddie, but he was fortunate to win the belt before Khabibs reign, and he got finished by Dustin.

Dustins run leading up to Khabib, and before Charles, is epic.
Fair enough it’s hard for me to put him over people like RDA, Benson, and Frankie who we went on big runs and also defended their belts

Back