Where does Dustin rank all-time at 155?

1-Islam
2-Khabib
3-BJ
4-Charles
5-Dustin

What you guys think?
Lol at the massive disrespect to Bendo.

Actually, disrespect implies mental effort to do it. With Bendo I think people legitimately forget he even existed, let alone was a defending champion.

That's the price of using a style based more on not losing than actually fighting to win decisively

Nope, conor only won because he's a weight bully at 145

Dustin is better at 155!
OK and Dustin is bigger than Conor. Does that mean Dustin's wins at LW don't count?

Conor at his peak mops the floor with any version of Dustin at any weight class.

Khabib
Bj
Benson Henderson
Frankie Edgar
Islam
Olivera
Gaetje
Poirier
Rda
Pettis

Not sure, but I wanted for him to win bad last night, So happy for him - I've not been a fan of his in the main, but when he puts his mind to it and he's in that zone, he is a wonder to behold with that damn boxing of his. Kudos.

As usual people really underrate Eddie Alvarez in these discussions. People seem to forget Eddie came to the UFC already nearly 30 fights into his career. He was near the tail end of his prime but still managed to go on a run and get a shot. And then he finished the champ. And Eddie has heavy hands and a bunch of finishes throughout his career. So no, that's not a fluke.

From early on in his career he was fighting ranked guys and coming out on top as the underdog. Just because you guys weren't watching, it doesn't take away from his accomplishments. Go back and watch what he did in Dream in 2008.

Then keep in mind this guy was fighting at a UFC championship level 8 years later in 2016.

Man what is Miller doing on a best ever list come on guy.
Most consistent lw. Was arguably top 5 over a decade ago and still has recent wins and the most wins. But I would put Rda over him, who I left out.

Most consistent lw. Was arguably top 5 over a decade ago and still has recent wins and the most wins. But I would put Rda over him, who I left out.
Eh seems like you're giving him a lot of credit for hanging around after getting a big step down in competition. Lots of guys have better wins than Miller. Never even challenged for a belt in his prime.

I’d go:
1) Khabib
2) Frankie
3) BJ
4) Islam
5) Charles

Dustin is probably somewhere right after that, him not having a belt is hurting him

1/2 Penn/Khabib
2 Alvarez
3 Bendo
4 Edgar
5 Gilbert
6 Islam
7 RDA
8 Charles

There are too many multiple time defending champs to have dustin in the top 5. Some of you act like there's such incredibly rapid improvement in every division that things like title reigns lose all value within 5 years.

No. Stop it. That's dumb.
I agree that usually the champs should be ranked ahead of non champs in an all time ranking but at this point Dustin has a very deep resume. I would put BJ Penn, Khabib, Charles Do Bronx and RDA ahead of Dustin. I may have to compare his resume with guys like Bendo, Frankie, Pettis, Alvarez. I think all these guys are top 10 all time and I think Dustin might actually make it in there too. Lightweight is the hardest division to rank all time. A lot of those guys have very similar resumes.

I'd have him ranked in the first spot underneath all the champions

I agree that usually the champs should be ranked ahead of non champs in an all time ranking but at this point Dustin has a very deep resume. I would put BJ Penn, Khabib, Charles Do Bronx and RDA ahead of Dustin. I may have to compare his resume with guys like Bendo, Frankie, Pettis, Alvarez. I think all these guys are top 10 all time and I think Dustin might actually make it in there too. Lightweight is the hardest division to rank all time. A lot of those guys have very similar resumes.
It's just that I see a lot of people picking apart names on resumes after the fact and saying if they're roughly equal, championship runs essentially don't matter. But that's not how it works to me. Working your way up to the top of a division and beating the champ is damn hard to do. There's a reason most fighters never do it. Now OTOH I do see the logic of not holding it against fighters just because they're fighting at the same time as a divisional goat. So it IS tricky. For example the other day a lot of people were downplaying DC because he never beat Jones and that's ridiculous as well.

I think out of all the fighters at LW that haven’t won the title, he’s by far the best one. And you gotta rank him over some champs like Pettis and RDA, he’s done more despite not winning a title.

I think out of all the fighters at LW that haven’t won the title, he’s by far the best one. And you gotta rank him over some champs like Pettis and RDA, he’s done more despite not winning a title.
Huh? But both of those guys won and defended the belt. This is what I'm talking about with people devaluing becoming the world champion.

So he beat an old Eddie, sometimes a little detail but thank you for answering

Eddie was near the end of the road at his career and beat RDA who most people thought was dominant. Eddie's resume is clearly better fighting better fighters in their primes at the height of the LW division.
That's an opinion, I don't think Eddie's resume is clearly better than Dustins. You could argue it's the other way around actually.

I don't like these arguments, just say that one or the other has a hell of a resume. This type of shit only leads to bickering and threads going off the rails. Lol

Back