Where's Joey Davis?

FraudGoat

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He hasn't competed since November 2020. And there is no indication that he will fight soon.

He started training recently again and mentioned something about being good to be finally back. Assuming it's some injury stuff
thanks for the update, i always thought after pico he was their best prospect not including mckee who i havent considered a prospect the past few years

There are a couple of other guys who just disappeared. Jordan Mein, Andrew Kapel, Ross Houston, Shamil Nikaev

This guy was probably the best WW prospect till he just disappeared

Mein probably retired again.
He is still helping his father at their school in Canada. But that's the risk of starting MMA so early, you burn out early as well. Both Mein and Rory are now gone

He is still helping his father at their school in Canada. But that's the risk of starting MMA so early, you burn out early as well. Both Mein and Rory are now gone
Yeah, wear and tear is pretty real. Horodecki is another canadian guy who burnt out pretty quick.

Wonder how each of them would have developed if they hadn't tried to rush through things.

I don't think it's so much starting early it's number of fights. Mein had 12 fights in the first two years of his career.

Hope he returns. Davis looked like a solid prospect.

I've given up on this guy, if he fights I'll get excited but as it is I'll just consider him retired.

6vvmp8.jpg

Back