Which current fighter has had the most success outside MMA?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Talking just about sports (not wwe, movies, etc)

I know Cejudo has an olympic gold medal xd
Holly Holm was like 18 world boxing champion
Romero has an olympic silver medal
There is a heavyweight who comes from NFL, right?
Valentina Shevchenko was like 10 times world muay thai champion
Israel Adesanya was a world kickboxing champion?

Who else?

Which current fighter has had the most success outside MMA?

GSP is reportedly worth $30mil. That puts him next in line behind McGregor. It’s crazy to me as GSP is wealthier than Brock Lesnar. I’m not sure what, but a goodly portion of that cannot be just UFC salary/PPV points. He must be diversified somewhere.

:eek:

GSP is reportedly worth $30mil. That puts him next in line behind McGregor. It’s crazy to me as GSP is wealthier than Brock Lesnar. I’m not sure what, but a goodly portion of that cannot be just UFC salary/PPV points. He must be diversified somewhere.

:eek:
brock is wealthier,the networth thing from google is wrong and bullshit.they haven't even changed it for years.brock got paid a lot recently.

brock is wealthier,the networth thing from google is wrong and bullshit.they haven't even changed it for years.brock got paid a lot recently.
Based on common knowledge of Brock’s length of wrasslin’ career, plus UFC run, I tend to agree mate. It seems off to me as well.

Conor mcgregor is 3-1 outside the octagon and the 1 came from the goat boxer

Conor has Proper. And Schaub has his gigs. They're both quite successful.

Brendan Schaub has to be up there, much to the chagrin of the Sherdog community.

Depends on how you define success. An olympic gold medal is really neat but you don't make jack shit in terms of money for the olympics so practically, it doesn't serve much of a purpose.

For me, Brock is easily the most successful athlete going. He is making more money than most MMA fighters will ever dream of to appear every once in a while in the WWE. He barely actually wrestles, he doesn't have to do rigorous training/damage his body constantly, he doesn't even have to speak (has a manager to do it for him)... yet the WWE and the UFC desperately want him.

For a small town farm kid to become an internationally recognized star, have tons of free time to do what he wants, to have had success in multiple different sports/forms of entertainment (WWE, UFC, amateur wrestling, even some football), and have a massive pile of money... it's pretty amazing. Brock = perma living the dream

Krazy-Horse-MMA-GIF.gif

Schaub and it isn’t even close.

He got like $1,000,000 per episode when he did Friends

zmkrKM1.jpg

If you mean purely athletic accolades, then Cejudo easily. Nothing really beats the Olympic gold in such a competitive sport as freestyle wrestling, and there are no boxing Olympic champs in high-level MMA.

It could be CM Punk if he chose to go back into professional wrestling curiously enough. Unfortunately he seems to have fallen out of love with the industry, so despite the opportunity to join AEW and set the pro wrestling world on fire, he'd rather make comics, provide fight commentary and pretend he's still a UFC fighter.

Conor mcgregor is 3-1 outside the octagon and the 1 came from the goat boxer
3-2, don't deny the old man at the bar his victory.
And let's not forget he got TKOed by a boxer known for being pillow-fisted. Floyd ain't nowhere near the goat.

Anyway, I'll go with Jacare. He has a number of world championships and for a good stretch of time, he was clearly the best in the world at his weight.

Henry's 2008 gold medal is great, but he was never really considered the best in the world (he placed 31st in the 2007 world championships and didn't accomplish anything after the 2008 Olympics). His is more a story of an underdog having one amazing tournament. Holly had a great run and was Ring Magazine female fighter of the year twice, but the talent pool in women's boxing is incredibly shallow. And so many people have kickboxing "world titles" that it's difficult to take those seriously.

Define current fighter?

You mean active fighter?

Brock is retired, Schaub is retired, GSP is retired etc.

The most successful active fighter based on money would of course be McGregor. Assuming McGregor actually fights again.

Back