Which fight was more humiliating, Khabib vs Conor or Izzy vs Sean Strickland?

More humiliating defeat?

• Conor vs Khabib

Votes: 54 46.6%
  • Izzy vs Sean Strickland

Votes: 62 53.4%

• Total voters
Izzy can still easily bounce back from his loss.
Conor lost his swag, his confidence and never bounced back.

Izzy will never bounce back from this loss.

His aura is gone.

He literally ran from a not-so-talented fighter, rather than try to knock him out.

He couldn't even talk about it at the press conference. Just got up and left.

Deep down, Izzy knows there are "no more cool words" for him to say.

On the night of the fight, he was not able to walk his talk.

Both very humiliating defeats. Which one did you find more embarrassing and why?

With Khabib and Conor, Conor talked a way more huge amount of trash, even attacked Khabib's bus. Conor was finished, tapped out and sucker punched in the biggest fight in UFC history. Most probably expected Khabib to win, being 26-0 and one of the best grapplers against someone who had a 2 year lay off from MMA and poor grappling.

connor-mcgregor-khabib.gif

As for Izzy vs Sean Strickland, Izzy was expected to steamroll through the much "inferior" on paper opponent, and the odds were crazy. Izzy was frequently compared to Anderson Silva, and considered one of MMA's finest strikers. He was rocked, almost finished, got outstruck and lost 3-4 rounds. Was taunted in the final seconds of the last round, but all he did was back off and run away.

On top of that, Sean called Izzy out for his dog touching incident which went viral and exposed Israel's weird sexual fetish to millions. That was the icing on the cake.

F5ot9cHXAAAYuTs.jpg

Its a touch choice. On one hand, losing to someone of Sean Strickland's caliber (no disrespect to him) while being considered the 2nd greatest MW, is pretty embarrassing, considering Izzy was beat at his own game and specialty.

Losing to Khabib, one of the greatest LWs shouldn't be too embarrassing, given everyone else has lost to him. But the fact it was the biggest fight ever, and the unrelenting trash talk + how badly he was dominated, the constant cheating and fouls and saying "it's only business", it gets my vote as the more embarrassing fight.

NINTCHDBPICT000444225663.jpg
I don't think it's comparable. Conor became Khabib's second wife in that fight.

Izzy will never bounce back from this loss.

His aura is gone.

He literally ran from a not-so-talented fighter, rather than try to knock him out.

He couldn't even talk about it at the press conference. Just got up and left.

Deep down, Izzy knows there are "no more cool words" for him to say.

On the night of the fight, he was not able to walk his talk.

Curious which fight you found more humiliating out of the two

Curious which fight you found more humiliating out of the two

Probably Conor's loss.

It was the biggest fight in MMA history, the shit talk was crazy, and Conor was an utterly beaten man.

Couldn't even look Khabib in the eye in the beginning, and quit in front of the world In the end.

Last edited:
Neither. Especially not Conor vs Khabib.

I get why people hate him, he's not a likeable person at all, but I don't know why people go to these ridiculous lengths to discredit him as a fighter.

Against Khabib he put up an excellent fight against his absolute worst stylistic matchup. He defended better against Khabib's top game than anyone either before or since.

There was nothing embarassing about that fight.

Same with Izzy Strickland, the only embarassing part was him ducking out of the post fight presser.

Last edited:
95% of MMA fans thought Khabib would beat Conor.
95% of MMA fans thought Israel would beat Sean.

Not sure why Conor's loss could be even considered humiliating, everyone pretty much knew what was going to happen. Frankly, I was surprised Conor made it past the second round.

Losing to Khabib, one of the greatest LWs shouldn't be too embarrassing, given everyone else has lost to him. But the fact it was the biggest fight ever, and the unrelenting trash talk + how badly he was dominated, the constant cheating and fouls and saying "it's only business", it gets my vote as the more embarrassing fight.
i don’t understand how it’s embarrassing for conor to talk trash in the course of selling the fight (which everyone does, some better than others), and then say “it’s only business.” it was business—there’s a reason “it was the biggest fight ever.” conor’s a loudmouth, but everyone on earth knows that’s to sell the fight. did he say some mean stuff that khabib took personally? sure. well, khabib won the fight, and made a lot of money off conor’s trash talk, so he should be satisfied. but him and his corner attacking people after the fight, like it’s a tribal blood feud? imo that’s embarrassing for him. it’s very third-world to react like that to mean words. this is the same guy who applauded a beheading of an innocent teacher in france, so he doesn’t really have any room to talk about how conor crossed the line.

overall, between khabib and conor, i’d say it’s a wash. conor humiliated himself much worse outside of the ring anyway.

now izzy on the other hand, is on camera molesting his dog, and sean clowned him for that, then added insult to injury by beating izzy up. sean was very gracious in victory, calling izzy “legend” and whatnot. izzy still had the gall to say “don’t talk about my dog.” it’s a silly thing to be upset over, but it’s also silly to make demands after losing a fight. that’s why izzy gets my vote for most humiliated loser.

Izzy vs Sean and it's not even close

Khabib was the favorite and did what he was supposed to do, in the fashion most expected

Izzy on the other hand got completely embarrassed by a +600 underdog in his own domain (striking)

the irony is, i was kinda surprised at how well Conor did in the grappling in the 1st rd.

Izzy losing to Strickland

That was TOTALLY unexpected

Everyone knew beforehand that Khabib had superb grappling and could take a shot.

Conroy sells the fights with his talk, that's no surprise either

Neither. Especially not Conor vs Khabib.

I get why people hate him, he's not a likeable person at all, but I don't know why people go to these ridiculous lengths to discredit him as a fighter.

Against Khabib he put up an excellent fight against his absolute worst stylistic matchup. He defended better against Khabib's top game than anyone either before or since.

There was nothing embarassing about that fight.

Same with Izzy Strickland, the only embarassing part was him ducking out of the post fight presser.

they do that to all the fighters they don't like. look at O'Malley, Aljo, Covington. not to say they all don't have their problems but people downplay these guys careers like they're complete trash and it's only luck and privelege with how they got to become top contenders/champions. in this day and age feelings matter more than facts.

Conor didn't run away for 25 minutes, but he ran his mouth too much.
Although Strickland vs Jizzy looked close for the first 3 rounds. People just remember Strickland dominating for the last 10 minutes.
With Strickland we all knew his smacktalk would be more fun and also correct. Jizzy is one of the weirdest guys on the roster.

Back