which fighter got you into mma?

{<redford}

I was 16 and seen it at that same time under those same circumstances

I also joined a Kenpo gym that same year and stuck with it until 2nd black LoL
Ha, There was no martial arts schools around me, but I was a high school wrestler and took cardio kickboxing. That was my resume in my first handful of amateur MMA fights. A little while later there was a TKD school, but me and my wrestling buddies would just beat the crap out of them. Zero hands, lol.

Silva got me to actually start training and following hardcore.

Tank Abbott was one of my favorites in the early days, he was always fun to watch. Chuck Liddell was the first guy I seriously rooted for though.

I was a very casual fan since I was a kid and my brothers would rent the early UFC's all the time. But I went absolutely hardcore fan when I watched the entirety of Fedor's (who i learned about from some best PRIDE KO's DVD) career in the buildup to the Josh Barnett fight in 2009 that never happened. I became extremely obsessive for years after that. Went back and studied all the history. That has mellowed out over the years, and I don't follow every promotion and watch every possible event anymore.

Last edited:
No one. The idea of MMA (different styles clashing) was what made me interested in watching for the first time. I had never seen MMA before so what it turned out to be wasn't exactly what I expected (and thought there was a lot of boring 'lay-and-pray' moments, but it was probably just me not understanding grappling), but there was enough that I was interested in watching more.

The first UFC (MMA really) event I watched was 100, then 101 and 111

Watching different styles go at it is what drew me in as a kid. Enjoyed Severn, Shamrock, and Tank but didn't fall in love with it until guys like Fedor, Sakuraba, and Penn.

Brock because I watched wrasslin as a kid and seen he was fighting for real. I bought the undisputed 2009 game and learned about other fighters

Back