Spoilers Which GTA Game deserves the crown

MrPsychoticKane

The Prize Fighting Cartoonist
@Brown
Reaction score
I honestly am gonna give it to GTA IV

iu

Now a lot of you will most likely say San Andreas but hear me out on this. GTA IV to me was more than just Fun, It told a story like no other GTA game, sure San Andreas had a fantastic story but I feel nothing but sympathy for Niko's Story. wanting to live the American Dream ended up back into the world of crime. When I first played the game, I was only around 8. I didn't finish the story, I was trolling people but ended up rage quitting on multiplayer lol. But when I replayed it, I was living through Crime, the cold blood running in your veins, I became the character when I finally got my hands on Darko. I was going to let Him go, but this quote made me lose control of myself that impacted the story "I just helped you see that" So I clicked on the mouse. I gave Him what He wanted, He won in the end. Then came the choice we all had to make, Deal or Revenge. We all know where this ends. a few of us wanted the Money, a few of us wanted Dimitri's head. but in the end, our choices led to consequences. the stain that could never wash off.

Then we got Johnny, the MC lost Vice President turned President after Billy went to Prison and Ray wanted His head. We got a good sense of what Brotherhood really is, how Brian betrayed His brothers. And after risking our lives for the diamonds and running away with the cash. Putting Billy out of His misery. I say it was a good DLC but it was like the Average GTA Story but has a bit of a Story to connect to.

Luis, The light heart of Liberty City. The Ballad Of Gay Tony is the best DLC In GTA IV. The environment, the story, the guns. was Fantastic, despite the Helicopters. Yusuf & Tony play huge roles in Luis's story with the Riches coming from the Golden Uzi to the many Clubs shouting Tony's name. We gave Ray the final blast to end the story. also, Margot is one crazy lady.

The 3 episodes give GTA IV, the Tarantino vibe. With the Diamond story playing the biggest role. With such Suspense, The Niko, Johnny, & Luis story Is worth every moment of your time. Niko's story for those wanting a dark visual to the story & The Episodes to turn the story into a Pulp Fiction Movie.

Last edited:
My favorite GTA is Vice City. It wasn't all that different from 3 but the aesthetic, characters and story did it for me.

San Andreas felt like too much. I enjoyed it for many of the same reasons I loved VC but I think they tried to pack top much crap in and it just lost me after a while.

I loved 4, I played hundreds of hours on PS3 and yeah the DLC is some of rhe best I've ever played.

I think 5 is one of the most impressive games ever made. I still fire it up on my PS5 on occasion just to admire it but from a gameplay perspective I think the series needs a overhaul. Despite being one of the biggest games ever made I got bored with it relatively quickly.

GTA 3 is still my fav. Within the voiceless protagonist, it felt like my story. I also loved how you could complete missions in several ways. I still listen to the radio stations too

On my last road trip Head Radio (one large .mp3) came up on my play list, my gf thought it was the actual radio

I'm quite liking V with the Redux mod overhauling the gfx, ai, police and gun mechanics. Love the RAGE engine and it's physics, so it's baffling they didn't put it into V, since they had with IV, Max Payne 3 and RDR1.

Don't know if it'll be able to beat GTA IV, though. That was like Scorcese the game.

Although 4 is my favorite, if you copy paste that radio station on 3 that plays more or less the Scarface soundtrack into the music folder of Vice City, is makes it pretty damn awesome.

Although 4 is my favorite, if you copy paste that radio station on 3 that plays more or less the Scarface soundtrack into the music folder of Vice City, is makes it pretty damn awesome.

I loved how IV on PC, allows you to add your own music. so I added Rock N Roll Mcdonalds. It sucked how they got rid of the Old Vladivostok tracks, I remembered listening to Schewine to King Ring, good old memories.

Vice City was a game changer, the storyline and '80s nostalgia were a perfect blend. GTAV would have to be my second choice, the online is amazing and the story while pretty decent is lacking and in bad need of more content. GTAIV was ruined for me by the awful driving mechanics, driving is supposed to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of GTA but IV made it a cumbersome chore. San Andreas was just too much of a good thing, it tried to do so much that it actually made the game feel like a clusterfuck.

Vice City was a game changer, the storyline and '80s nostalgia were a perfect blend. GTAV would have to be my second choice, the online is amazing and the story while pretty decent is lacking and in bad need of more content. GTAIV was ruined for me by the awful driving mechanics, driving is supposed to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of GTA but IV made it a cumbersome chore. San Andreas was just too much of a good thing, it tried to do so much that it actually made the game feel like a clusterfuck.

I thought the driving mechanics in GTA IV was not bad at all, sure it was not as we all expected but I thought the driving mechanics made the story feel much more better, would anyone imagine driving mechanics like GTA SA in GTA IV? it would not make a lot of sense imo.

San Andreas easily for me. GOAT gameplay and story, for a GTA game and generally among video games. Hooked me immediately, I played the motherfuck out of it, even more than GTA III which blew my mind when it came out. I enjoyed the Vice City location but am not nostalgic on the 80s and thought the city could've been more expansive. Story was so-so to me. IV was good but didn't really do anything new outside of the characters and felt lacking after San Andreas. The Ballad of Gay Tony is a great expansion though. V was very disappointing to me, big but empty, characters were bombastic but lacking, gameplay was okay.

San Andreas is on another level, it's so good I could probably play through it again which I've never done on a GTA. It's like GTA went Super Saiyan, the amount of new things it added, plus the characters and story are amazing. Bad Motherfucker as a corrupt cop? C'mon. It's far above the others, even the ending is glorious. It's huge without feeling empty and there's so much to do. Made my dude a Mr. T beefcake, learned Muy Thai, souped up a bunch of cars, took territory, flew jets, jet pack... that is the apex of GTA, lol, they're gonna have to go Super Saiyan Blue to top it.

San Andreas easily for me. GOAT gameplay and story, for a GTA game and generally among video games. Hooked me immediately, I played the motherfuck out of it, even more than GTA III which blew my mind when it came out. I enjoyed the Vice City location but am not nostalgic on the 80s and thought the city could've been more expansive. Story was so-so to me. IV was good but didn't really do anything new outside of the characters and felt lacking after San Andreas. The Ballad of Gay Tony is a great expansion though. V was very disappointing to me, big but empty, characters were bombastic but lacking, gameplay was okay.

San Andreas is on another level, it's so good I could probably play through it again which I've never done on a GTA. It's like GTA went Super Saiyan, the amount of new things it added, plus the characters and story are amazing. Bad Motherfucker as a corrupt cop? C'mon. It's far above the others, even the ending is glorious. It's huge without feeling empty and there's so much to do. Made my dude a Mr. T beefcake, learned Muy Thai, souped up a bunch of cars, took territory, flew jets, jet pack... that is the apex of GTA, lol, they're gonna have to go Super Saiyan Blue to top it.

What If for GTA 6, they combined it with SA & IV but set it in a Vice City kind of Environment?

San Andreas
Vice City

That’s how I rank them. San Andreas added planes, swimming, and a jet pack. Love the radio stations and the story.

Vice City was great but the camera wasn’t free roaming yet and you could drown. But I also love the radio stations, setting, and Ray Liotta.

5 gets a lot of hate but it’s actually an incredible playground. I just wish they had added more single player content/story content instead of focusing on online.

3 was just incredible when it first came out. There was nothing like it. Going back it just feels like a bare bones GTA though.

4 was good. It took me a couple of play throughs to really appreciate it. The DLC’s were great.

2 was a fun top down open world. Great game, just doesn’t compare to the 3D games.

My favorite was GTA: Vice City Stories. You could grab people by the collar and throw them around. Unmatched.

My second in line is GTA: Chinatown Wars. I liked the business (drug dealing) aspect.

Back