Movies Which is better: Avengers: Endgame vs X-Men: Days of Future Past

I liked the emotional element of End game but I hated the time machine/travel cop out that it ruined the movie for me

Endgame was good but it should have been better. It ruins everything infinity war accomplished.

DOFP easily for me, Endgame was epic in the final stretch but getting there was slow. DOFP I can rewatch fully where Endgame I'll tune in for the final battle and that's good enough.

I liked the emotional element of End game but I hated the time machine/travel cop out that it ruined the movie for me

Endgame was good but it should have been better. It ruins everything infinity war accomplished.
Thanos used the time stone cop out after he lost in infinity war when the stone was destroyed.

DoFP for one reason: it wasn't the plan. Endgame was always the last train stop for Marvel, it and everything leading up to it were meticulously structured. DoFP came together on its own, and effectively blended the characters and stories of two separate franchises (all right, it's one franchise but two very different chapters). It's a much more laudable success for that reason alone. And I'd be saying that even if Endgame wasn't a heart breaking disappointment.

Endgame, even though I agree with those that said it ain't no IW, I love it for the crowd interaction. Endgame got the best crowd reaction I've ever been apart of, even more than Spiderman No Way Home. IW was the better movie and the crowd reaction was great too.

Interesting discussion, because they're both great & flawed.

Endgame went with the cheap means of resetting past events with time travel, and it weakened the main antagonist, Thantos, as a character.

X-Men DOTP is awesome upon 1st viewing, then rewatching it its quite obvious Logan is irrelevant to the plot after meeting with Xavier... and the finale with the future & past action scenes... wouldn't all of the new past events make the future events irrelevant? And it killed the canon of the first few X-Men films... or did it?

For me, each was the finales of their continuities. Haven't bothered to watch any MCU films after Endgame, and the X-Men films after DOTP were trash.

So, without seeing either of them recently and just going off from memory... its a draw.

4 of us went to see Days of Futures Past, 3 of us fell asleep. I did like the Quicksilver scenes though. Endgame was overrated. Not a fan of the whole time travel, Professor Hulk/Fat Thor stuff, the final battle with the bad CGI didn't do it for me. First Class and Infinity War were both much better movies than these two.

Endgame on 1st watch but DOFP on rewatch

Endgame is one of those movies that abuses time travel to do what comic writers love to do best, and that's take the coward's way out rendering everything they've written up to that point meaningless retcon.

Infinity War was astonishing. Endgame merely cheapened it.

Endgame is one of those movies that abuses time travel to do what comic writers love to do best, and that's take the coward's way out rendering everything they've written up to that point meaningless retcon.

Infinity War was astonishing. Endgame merely cheapened it.
Endgame did take the cheap way out and seeing things now, I wish they didnt. That said, I never have an inkling to rewatch scenes from DOFP. Brian Singer isnt rhat good of a director.

Endgame still has a great ending and good acting.

Still, IW is god.

Endgame, but I also view it and Infinity War together as one long movie.

Back