Opinion Which mistakes should you get bailed out for and which should you pay for?

ColemanwastheGOAT

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Inspired by the mat leave thread.

Of course America DOES have maternity leave and if you're planning on starting a family in the next few years, you should probably aim for a job that has it.

But if you just make a mistake and get preggers should your boss have to foot the bill regardless of what your job is? I think no, but it seems a lot of people think he should.

That got me thinking, I made a lot of dumb decisions when I was younger but no one seemed to think I should get bailed out for any of them.

So it basically seems like a value judgement.

So, pick your top three common mistakes people make that you think they should get bailed out for.

Mine are:

Drunk driving without bodily harm. For your first offense, if you can prove you need the car for work, I woud be OK with people getting bailed out in the sense that they get no conviction and have to have a breathalizer installed in their car for the next year.

Unpaid tickets. For your first offense, if you get pulled over, you shouldn't get arrested, you should get a chance to pay the tickets on the spot. Lots of people get dinged for this because they moved and the tickets get sent to the wrong address and they genuinely don't know they have tickets.

Abortion. First one should be on the house. I am not a pro abortion guy, but I recognize it should be your right and the first time someone slips one past the goalie, I'd be OK with having that one be paid for by the tax payer.

I picked these three because these are all fairly common mistakes young people make that can really set them back in life.

What are yours?

Inspired by the mat leave thread.

Of course America DOES have maternity leave and if you're planning on starting a family in the next few years, you should probably aim for a job that has it.

But if you just make a mistake and get preggers should your boss have to foot the bill regardless of what your job is? I think no, but it seems a lot of people think he should.

That got me thinking, I made a lot of dumb decisions when I was younger but no one seemed to think I should get bailed out for any of them.

So it basically seems like a value judgement.

So, pick your top three common mistakes people make that you think they should get bailed out for.

Mine are:

Drunk driving without bodily harm. For your first offense, if you can prove you need the car for work, I woud be OK with people getting bailed out in the sense that they get no conviction and have to have a breathalizer installed in their car for the next year.

Unpaid tickets. For your first offense, if you get pulled over, you shouldn't get arrested, you should get a chance to pay the tickets on the spot. Lots of people get dinged for this because they moved and the tickets get sent to the wrong address and they genuinely don't know they have tickets.

Abortion. First one should be on the house. I am not a pro abortion guy, but I recognize it should be your right and the first time someone slips one past the goalie, I'd be OK with having that one be paid for by the tax payer.

I picked these three because these are all fairly common mistakes young people make that can really set them back in life.

What are yours?

1. Today most first DUI’s get the interlock device you describe. I disagree with you on no conviction because about 1/3 are repeat offenders and we need them off the road ASAP.

DUI should be instant execution on the side of the road

Teenage shoplifting or drinking should be a slap on the wrist though

Having kids should be a privilege and not a right.

You can expunge most DUIs so no need for a pass.

- I abandoned my post in work. I dont think i shopuld have left without getting reprimed!

It's was 14 years or so ago, i let my partners without back-up.
The reason? The leader or chief of security staff called my atention, and i acted like a pampered selfish bitchy, that i really was back in the day!

Good that you started this thread, my biggest regret was taking boldenone when young, i think putting the solely blame of my depression o my mom, is unfair!

Edited to aks: What is mat leaving?

3.) Underage drinking without bodily harm.

Was my first thought before opening the thread.

Is this really something cops will fuck you up for in Americaland? Have seen stuff in movies or on TV, but dont know what's eeal. Is it really something people get in actual trouble for?

Was my first thought before opening the thread.

Is this really something cops will fuck you up for in Americaland? Have seen stuff in movies or on TV, but dont know what's eeal. Is it really something people get in actual trouble for?

Well, despite a common myth, juvenile criminal records persist within the court system and so they are picked up via background checks and whatnot. That is, unless they are expunged or sealed, of course.

Drug use with no one injured should be excused.

Minor property damage (graffiti, broken window) should be excused

Minor traffic offences can be excused

On the other hand, I believe
Theft should be truly and thoroughly punished. I’m talking cranking the penalties really high to disuade would be wanna be thieves. They are not going to come and take everything someone else has worked hard for.

Crimes like this...obviously..
cuz, you know...boys will be boys, and there should have been bike lanes.

Things I rarely if ever do should be punished to the full extent of the law × 10 + death penalty.

This thread is an ongoing exercise in selfish expression and the desire for others to, as they say, "get fucked"...

As it's a political forum, we should all advocate for an arbiter board of some yet to be determined composition that punishes politicians who lie, and per lie. Pay the positions in government a really good but not "fuck you money" wage and fine liars heavily. This would do more for society than the government masquerading as some sort of deterrent device to things like drunk driving offenses when in actuality it's just glorified revenue collection.

I don't think you understand maternity leave. Maternity and paternity leave involves the government paying the parents while they're away. This is what is meant when a country has maternity leave. A bunch of other western countries get this benefit, and you don't. The employer isn't paying for wages or anything else bar the inconvenience of hiring a temporary worker to replace them, something they know months in advance.

I think the bigger issue is besides the big ones(murder and sex crimes) there is very little agreement on what is and isn't a mistake.

Human rights are human rights. While it's low on the list because its only something you need a few times most reasonable people would consider it a human right if not for the parent for the child. It's why closested right wingers like Cenk Ugyer often elevate it to the top of their lists. Requiring things you need to live is not a mistake but in an enviornment where said things aren't offered it gets framed as a mistake because its something that has consequences.

I expect to pay a reasonable price for every mistake I make. A free pass on a DUI? GTFO!

Insurrection
Fraud
Massive tax avoidance

Back