Spoilers Which Saints Row deserves the Crown

Saints Row 2, 100%. At the time, it was as fun or not more fun than GTA 4. I loved them both, but Saint Row 2 i think I may have played more than GTA.

Saints Row 3 is where they really started getting over the top, and then it went down hill from there

SR2 is the best and one of my favorite games in general. The map was well designed and didn't feel like there was much filler, the customization was great, the soundtrack hit, gameplay was great, and lots of memorable missions.

SRTT may be the best for just going wild though. Sure, it is missing a lot of the quality of life aspects and parts of the map really feel cut-and-paste, but the gameplay feels really fluid and I think this is where the series hit the perfect balance between serious and wacky. I don't like how they tied activities to territory especially since they got rid of a lot of the funner activities like Fight Club and FUZZ.

SR1 is pretty much just a shittier version of SR2 in everything but story. Probably has the best story of the series actually, though that is hardly a strong suite for the series anyways.

SR4 just kinda jumped the shark for me. It is still fun, but feels more like Crackdown on ...crack.

Haven't gotten around to play GooH yet

I just found out that a fairly comprehensive remaster for The Third has been out for a while. Comes to Steam May 22nd. I had no idea it was on Epic.

Digital Foundry does their usual stellar job of showing all the little/big things they did here. I can't get over the effort put in.

I totally forgot they remastered this. I’ll be getting it at some point. There’s actually lot of games coming out in the next few months so I might have to wait a bit when it’s released on steam but definitely will keep an eye on

I’ve always liked Saints Row more than GTA ever since even the first one. GTA4 and even 5 the shooting mechanics and driving just felt too much of a chore and was not very satisfying. SR was much more arcadey but it was imo a lot more fluid control wise which made it more fun.

SR4, without a doubt. Not the greatest game but definitely one of the most fun to play. I think I’ve gone back and completed it every-time I’ve upgraded my PlayStation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back