News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

Its going to happen whether we like it or not, like sex with ben roethlisberger.

Better just to accept it and move on

No we have a LEGACY fight. Deal with it
And Tom on his 2 fight win streak can fight or wait.
It's not a legacy fight at all, this fight might have been relevant a few years ago, now it means nothing at all.

Neither Jones or Miocic have ever been a massive draw, Miocic hasn't fought in years, Jones was gifted a title shot at HW without ever having to earn his shot, and now Dana is trying to force the easiest opponent possible to Jones and using Miocic to elevate Jones. Not sure why any of that is so difficult to understand for you.

Beyond that, it goes to show the UFC has gone full pro-wrestling having multiple champs and titles in the same fucking weight class. If the titles are not being unified, they become completely irrelevant. It's a bullshit fight and you know it. Jones is ducking any dangerous opponent, the UFC is letting him do it, and idiot casuals are lapping it up. Let's just hope the UFC abandons the octagon for the wrestling ring for this bullshit fight, ought to make you perfectly happy and at home.

It's not a legacy fight at all, this fight might have been relevant a few years ago, now it means nothing at all.

Neither Jones or Miocic have ever been a massive draw, Miocic hasn't fought in years, Jones was gifted a title shot at HW without ever having to earn his shot, and now Dana is trying to force the easiest opponent possible to Jones and using Miocic to elevate Jones. Not sure why any of that is so difficult to understand for you.

Beyond that, it goes to show the UFC has gone full pro-wrestling having multiple champs and titles in the same fucking weight class. If the titles are not being unified, they become completely irrelevant. It's a bullshit fight and you know it. Jones is ducking any dangerous opponent, the UFC is letting him do it, and idiot casuals are lapping it up. Let's just hope the UFC abandons the octagon for the wrestling ring for this bullshit fight, ought to make you perfectly happy and at home.
Lol Jon is not a draw?? Stopped reading after that...
You fake fans kill me.
This is 1000% a legacy fight.

And we would have watched GSP vs Silva anytime they would have fought. Even now today.

Tom is on a 2 fight win streak! Tom needs fight. Go fight Gane.

And maybe just maybe Jon and Stipe have earned this fight.

Lol Jon is not a draw?? Stopped reading after that...
You fake fans kill me.
This is 1000% a legacy fight.

And we would have watched GSP vs Silva anytime they would have fought. Even now today.

Tom is on a 2 fight win streak! Tom needs fight. Go fight Gane.
Are you high?

GSP vs. Silva is nothing like Jones vs. Miocic, not even close.

Both GSP and Silva were both dominant champions in their primes cleaning out their respective divisions. They were the very best two mixed martial artists in the world at the time, of course any real MMA fan would watch it.

I doubt either Jones or Miocic are even close to their primes anymore, and Jones' best selling PPV came against Cormier II. In his "big return" and gifted HW title shot he couldn't draw more than either PPV against Cormier, and he's never broken 1M in buys. His average is around 600k if I remember correctly. He might sell decently, but he's no star.

Stop cherry-picking numbers to suit your narrative. If Aspinall hadn't blown his knee out against Blaydes, he would either be 10-0 in the UFC with at least 9 finishes, or 9-1 with at least 8 finishes. So your "he's only on a two fight win streak" argument is very carefully worded and deliberate. And stop acting like Aspinall hasn't earned a shot at Jones, he put in the work, you damn well know it.

I think you're just as worried about Jones fighting Aspinall as Jon is. You know what's going to happen.

Hypertensive pink retard is encouraging his cash cows to rank squat. What else is new? Lol this absolute fucking clown show of a sport will never be anywhere close to a meritocracy. Time to accept reality.

Dana already speaking down on Tom. Seems Jones is still his boy even after all the goofy stuff he put him through.

Aspinall should defend it IMO. It's not fair but he smokes any HW in the roster and that would put more pressure on Dana

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Nobody besides Dana, Jones and Stipe cares about that fight.

It doesn't even make sense business wise. Who gives a fuck about their legacy when both are going to immediately retire and leave the company anyway?
The 3 of them just riding into the sunset...

1702637383201.png

Good ol' Uncle Dana...

1702637490030.png

I saw Tom last night with Michael Bisping and Paul Craig at the o2. Someone asked him what he was going to do, and to paraphrase he said something along the line of "I'm waiting. I'm not defending a belt people are saying isn't real"

If it isn't going to be treated as real, there's little point in defending it, unless there's a ton of money involved, and he wants that amount of money.

This is #1 bullshit. Stipe is coming off of a brutal KO and hasn’t competed in 2 years.
I dont care how stacked the rest of the card is, this is a hard boycott for me.
Aspinall is the real champ in my book.

It will be at least 3 years when Stipe actually fights Jones, not 2.

Even when people talk about how shit this fight is, they manage to accidentally downplay how shit it is.

“No,” White answered when asked if Aspinall could fight Jon Jones. “And we’re not stripping Jon Jones either...(It) ain’t happening,” White said. “Stipe, you have to understand this, if you look at what Stipe’s accomplished in this sport, what he’s done, where he’s at in his career, he wants the Jon Jones fight“ [Miocic] wants Jones and Jones wants Stipe, so it makes sense.” If Aspinall wants to fight before that fight happens, why not? Why not let him defend it (the interim title)?”

How little will this fight matter? How much of a casual will you need to be to buy this fight? Are you even interested in this fight a year from now? It only hurts Jones' legacy to duck the Interim Champ to fight Stipe. It doesn't help him at all.
you are bitter. It shows.
Dana is right. You are just blind.
Accept it and (try to) move on.

Jon Bless your little hater's heart!

This whole thing is just so fucking weird. Why is Dana so obsessed with having Jones fight a 40+, out of shape Miocic?

Some moron that thinks he is smart will reply 'money, bro, it's all about money. Stipe vs Jones is a bigger fight.' But of course said moron doesn't understand that the ESPN deal makes this largely irrelevant.

There is also a thing called 'opportunity costs.' Every minute waiting for this stupid fight is another minute they can't hit their contractual obligations and have another HW title fight make them money. And set the UFC up with a new HW star to make future money.

Instead all this time is wasted on a dual retirement fight, which only inhibits present and future money making. And it allows Francis to claim more easily to be the true HW champ.

So to answer your question, it makes no fucking sense at all.

Interim champions should be defending the belt...otherwise there's no point. Has anyone actually defended an interim besides Barao?

Are you high?

GSP vs. Silva is nothing like Jones vs. Miocic, not even close.

Both GSP and Silva were both dominant champions in their primes cleaning out their respective divisions. They were the very best two mixed martial artists in the world at the time, of course any real MMA fan would watch it.

I doubt either Jones or Miocic are even close to their primes anymore, and Jones' best selling PPV came against Cormier II. In his "big return" and gifted HW title shot he couldn't draw more than either PPV against Cormier, and he's never broken 1M in buys. His average is around 600k if I remember correctly. He might sell decently, but he's no star.

Stop cherry-picking numbers to suit your narrative. If Aspinall hadn't blown his knee out against Blaydes, he would either be 10-0 in the UFC with at least 9 finishes, or 9-1 with at least 8 finishes. So your "he's only on a two fight win streak" argument is very carefully worded and deliberate. And stop acting like Aspinall hasn't earned a shot at Jones, he put in the work, you damn well know it.

I think you're just as worried about Jones fighting Aspinall as Jon is. You know what's going to happen.
So Jon being the best LHW and Stipe being the best UFC HW fighter, both with the MOST TITLE DEFENSES! This fight is not a legacy fight?

And listen kid I hold no flag for any fighter. I love them all. Any fighter who steps in the cage or ring has my respect.

You new fans have no respect for fighters that have put there time in and have the accomplishments they have.

You dismiss them both as if they are not the best in their prospective weight classes.

And this is a Huge fight that will do big PPV buys. Every casual fan I know is talking about this fight. There are not talking about Tom and his 2 fight win streak.

Wake up and respect the fighters who put there time in.

Fake fans...flash in the pan fans...what have you done for me lately fans..

Bahahahaaha take care kid.

Back