Whittaker is the guy to beat Periera

To be fair, Whittaker did much better against Izzy in the 2nd round, even though he couldn't quite take it. Even after that loss he still showed his signs of improvement against Vettori and would continue to improve against his next opponent...

Which makes an another run for him...arguably plausible.

But I think Izzy deserves to take the rematch first because he was doing fantastic in that round.

As for Whittaker, I don't think Alex has displayed any weird movements (just solid kickboxing fundamentals) and his weird stance did cause him to eat punches and elbows multiple times.

Ehh from what I saw kazmat, usman, colby would all beat him. If you have any decent wrestling. All you would have to do is clinch. And get your takedown. Props to him for winning tho. Izzy is a moron for chilling on the cage against a power striker. Imagine just chilling on the ropes against Mike tyson...

Whittaker is a terrible matchup, but that left hand is something special from Pereira.
That being said, Pereira's wrestling was pretty bad here and Whittaker's definitely going to capitalize on that.

Please no, nobody that isn’t Australian or a hardcore mma geek wants to see boring-ass Whittaker involved in the title picture again.

Whittaker would make Khanzat tap to strikes

Khamzat beats him judging by the way Izzy was able to bully him on the ground. Khamzat has that way of teleporting onto guys backs early in fights then it’s a wrap, Alex not experienced enough to stop the ground sub.

Prime Weidman would shut Pereira down in 2-3 rounds
Todays Weidman would go out by the first jab.

Whitaker would get flash KO’d.
If the fight started on the ground I’d favor Whitaker, but on the feet I think Pereira would shovel hook KO him in a takedown attempt. Whitaker is the far more versatile fighter, but his striking defense is off sometimes. Pereira would exploit that.

Rob's style is still primarily a striker, (although he was much better well rounded than izzy or alex)

all of his victories, come from a mainly standup fighting style...

Alex probably takes advantage of this and KOs him.

um...you guys know this fight is never happening right? Alex isn't fighting anyone other than Israel.

Alex is a 205er. He is going to move up to LHW and try to get an automatic title shot against Jiri/Glover. He will probably rematch Israel for the money and more leverage for a 205 title shot.

Zero chance he fights Whittaker. He is killing himself making weight and he knows he's at a disadvantage against most MMAers.

Rob may his worse matchup, his IQ and ability on the feet I think will give him more than enough opportunity to enact the ground game.

I don't know, he would have a huge size and reach disadvantage, and also he's kinda chinny

Please no, nobody that isn’t Australian or a hardcore mma geek wants to see boring-ass Whittaker involved in the title picture again.
You gotta dislike martial arts in general to come up with such a statement. Shining example of what MMA fighter should be like. Technical, well wersed all-rounder who does nothing on average level. A joy to watch every time.

Periera is literally the worst possible matchup for Rob outside of Izzy. Elite strikers are Rob's kryptonite and this one would be no different. A huge size and reach advantage with crazy power too.

Boring ass Whitaker? Ok brahda sure. Lol. I think rob can win that fight.

H
lets do it. war whittaker
He's not ready for Whittaker. He needs a LOT of wrestling drills.
If he rematches Izzy, and wins because he's in his head after two knockouts, and then takes at least a six month break. And practices wrestling like crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back