News Whittaker On Izzy “Not as good as he thinks he is, performance against Marvin was average”.

Izzys shit talk always just seemed like him being a cringe douche who lacks wit.
He's an amazing fighter but his shit talk just puts me to sleep and makes me think less of his ability to articulate himself.

I'm a huge Whittaker fan and cannot stand Adesanya but Rob has no place to talk here. Israel made Rob look like a fool and KO'd him. I think Whittaker has all the tools to beat Israel but he has to fight the perfect fight to do it, and I'm not sure he will.

I think Rob will do a lot better in this fight. Mentally and physically he is in a different place and you tell by his performances. That being said its not like Izzy hasn't gotten better himself. I think the fight will play out differently but I'm very intrigued to see what Rob can do to pull it off, since I still believe Izzy is the favorite.

Robs saying izzys ego is bloated and that he’s beatable, both of which are true. Izzy needs to come up with his own lines. He’s constantly forcing old buzzwords and phrases popularized by other fighters and pop culture. I hate all of this post Conor combat sports bullshit so much. I don’t even blame the fighters who play into it because it’s pretty much the only way to make a decent living now.

Vettori is a pest of a fighter, and not easy to look amazing against because of his style. He just constantly stalks you looking for takedowns.

I think Rob will do a lot better in this fight. Mentally and physically he is in a different place and you tell by his performances. That being said its not like Izzy hasn't gotten better himself. I think the fight will play out differently but I'm very intrigued to see what Rob can do to pull it off, since I still believe Izzy is the favorite.

Would be very surprised if Izzy finishes him again. That was very impressive to do, but not sure that happens twice to a guy as durable as Rob.

Very interested in watching it again.

Styles make fights. Whittaker was using his jab well for many fights now and Gastelum was short enough for it and for the sneaky kicking game. Israel is too tall for both of Whittaker's specialties. Hell, Till was too tall and Rob ended up flying with his head forward spamming overhands.
Whittaker wasn't fighting with a smart jab and avoiding the counters. He was trying to run in with the same combination that Adesanya got KO with in GLORY. He saw that as a weakness to his game and I guess that was the strategy for that fight. That's the reason why he spammed it so much, it's probably what he worked on the most for that fight. Rematch would most likely look different, he won't be running in wild like that and will be trying to counter Adesanya himself or take him down during the clinch like he did with Gastelum. He'll be making Adesanya try to lead this time and if he doesn't and just throws the leg kicks I can see Whittaker trying to close distance to clinch and try and work takedowns.

Whittaker wasn't fighting with a smart jab and avoiding the counters. He was trying to run in with the same combination that Adesanya got KO with in GLORY. He saw that as a weakness to his game and I guess that was the strategy for that fight. That's the reason why he spammed it so much, it's probably what he worked on the most for that fight. Rematch would most likely look different, he won't be running in wild like that and will be trying to counter Adesanya himself or take him down during the clinch like he did with Gastelum. He'll be making Adesanya try to lead this time and if he doesn't and just throws the leg kicks I can see Whittaker trying to close distance to clinch and try and work takedowns.
If his gameplan really was trying to out hook Israel's massive height and reach advantage then I don't have a lot of hope for any future gameplans. Besides trying to make Izzy lead will only result in Yoel vs Israel type of affair where the champ always gets the nod, not to mention he will always have the leg kicks and Cannonier already showed Whittaker isn't fond eating those.

If his gameplan really was trying to out hook Israel's massive height and reach advantage then I don't have a lot of hope for any future gameplans. Besides trying to make Izzy lead will only result in Yoel vs Israel type of affair where the champ always gets the nod, not to mention he will always have the leg kicks and Cannonier already showed Whittaker isn't fond eating those.
That's why I think he'll use a more wrestling heavy game plan from the clinch. If he rushes in this time he won't be going hook for hook, he will tie him up like the way he did Gastelum and go for sweeps/takedowns. Better game plan is to counter the counter. But not many fighters try to do that.

That's why I think he'll use a more wrestling heavy game plan from the clinch. If he rushes in this time he won't be going hook for hook, he will tie him up like the way he did Gastelum and go for sweeps/takedowns. Better game plan is to counter the counter. But not many fighters try to do that.
I doubt it will be that heavy. Vettori couldn't properly use his wrestling when most of his fights were wrestling heavy. For Whittaker being mainly standup and trying wrestling heavy approach is looking like it's out of hopelessness.

But it can happen. Israel leans back a lot and can get taken down if you shoot fast enough.

I can’t wait to see this guy get flatlined again. The first time was so sweet, but it’ll be even better in the eventual rematch.

I don’t think he’s saying anything over the top here. Just that Izzy isn’t unbeatable and hasn’t looked untouchable in his last two outings. He’s right. Not like he’s saying he sucks or easy work, just that he can be beaten.

Exactly, that's not trash talking. It's normal that a world class fighter believes in his chances against anybody

Whittaker's last fight is better than any fight on Gynosanya's resume. Israel's last fight is right up there with Ngannou-Lewis.

Israel has an insane height and reach advantage. If Robert can solve that puzzle Izzy is in serious trouble.

IF.

Whittaker's last fight is better than any fight on Gynosanya's resume. Israel's last fight is right up there with Ngannou-Lewis.

Israel has an insane height and reach advantage. If Robert can solve that puzzle Izzy is in serious trouble.

IF.

LOL I'd say that Adesanya KOing Whittaker twice in the same fight to win the title was much better than Whittaker styling on a guy who'd lost 3 of his last 4 fights.

Rob fought like a moron on the first fight. I expect him to win this time.

Hope Bobby has learned from the last fight and knocks Izzy the fuck out, his cockiness is getting old and repetitive.

He got beat like Rich Franklin. Absolutely destroyed. He needs to concentrate on training and game planning. Talking shows he’s insecure
If that was true, then its the insecure fighting championship.
Mist these mofos talk more than wwe scripts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back