Who are some fighters you used to be a fan of, but then stopped being a fan?

I used to be a huge Diego fan, but I soured on him towards the end of his UFC career. I don’t totally blame the guy because he clearly seemed to be going through some tough personal challenges, but watching him became like a watching a slow-motion trainwreck. I really hope he retires from all combat sports, soon.

Anderson until pissed hot...

My friend Graham from Dublin was his biggest fan ever and we used to argue about him all the time.
One day I was talking shot about Conir just to get a rise out of him, and he was like "ya know what?...fuck that guy, Im done".

I was so shocked I didn't even break his balls about because he seemed genuinely bummed that he came to that realization lol.
It’s a genera consensus out there, he truly was such an inspiration to all of us. And just threw it back in our faces

Diego - Though I cut him a little slack b/c I think he has a lot of people who took and take advantage of him.

Jorge - Liked him and his story of fighting Kimbo's crew back in Miami. But now not really a fan of people who assault other people in public

Pat Barry - Thought he was this funny, quirky, HW with awesome leg kicks. Then realized the whole story with Rose and watching him now.....he comes across as creepy, possesive, and always trying to be in the spotlight.

It’s a genera consensus out there, he truly was such an inspiration to all of us. And just threw it back in our faces

That's how Graham felt, like Conor took what Irish love and shit on it right in front of everyone.
He became everything he said he never would and that really broke his and the country's heart sir.

GSP.
The guy disappeared after getting fucked up by Hendricks. Then, he scoped out an easy fight with Bisping, jumped on it and then vanished again.

He hasn't even been fighting in the UFC for 3 years and has 6 fights since he started fighting in the UFC

Where did you get 3 from? lol do you mean Costa because that is a correct statement about Paulo Costa?

Its math, since the Meerschaert fight he has had 3 fights. That was September 2020.
2.5 Years ago, last fight was in September and still no fight booked at the moment.
I will agree that there are a lot of guys like this but he built his reputation on anybody/anywhere/anyweight and then instantly changed.
Still calls out 3 fighters a day though, lol.

Its math, since the Meerschaert fight he has had 3 fights. That was September 2020.
2.5 Years ago, last fight was in September and still no fight booked at the moment.
I will agree that there are a lot of guys like this but he built his reputation on anybody/anywhere/anyweight and then instantly changed.
Still calls out 3 fighters a day though, lol.
That's not math sir. You are pointing to a fight that was less than 3 years ago.....

This is factually in less than 3 years, sir

upload_2023-3-28_12-30-7.png

We are March 2023

July 15, 2020 to March 28, 2023 is not 3 years, sir.

Masvidal is the correct answer. He went from being an entertaining fighter who I wanted to see and now he thinks he is an elite fighter who should be getting title shots. I just don't think he was ever that good and knocking out Askren with that knee (great shot btw) didn't convince me of his skill set being anything more than MAYBE above average.

Jorge masvidal - I was indifferent at first, then when he got the Till KO I warmed up and from there he went on that short violent run.

I liked his fighting style but his diva behaviour, his dumbass political takes, sucker punching, and just general unlikeable behaviour.

Frankie Edgar for me. No logical explanation

Much of his appeal was he was the undersized LW (and even undersized FW) with a titanium chin and unstoppable will.

Then he started getting finished by non-championship level fighters. Then he dropped to FW and started getting finished by good, but not champ level guys. Then he dropped to BW and got finished by a guy who will never even be a contender in his retirement fight.

The blood and guts warrior approach catches up to everyone and Frankie lost the aura that made him popular.

Masvidal. Was a fan of his in his strikeforce days. Also loved watching his youtube streetfights. It rubbed me the wrong way how dismissive and disrespectful he was to Askren and it fler unwarranted.

Also the Leon and Colby out of the café idiocy. At least he went after them alone and didnt bring a posse with him i guess.

Conor, when his begin his antics

His character ate him alive

Back