Who are your top 4 professional wrestlers of the 90's?

Who are your top 4 professional wrestlers of the 80's?

• The Rock

Votes: 48 49.5%
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Goldberg

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Shawn Michaels

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • The Undertaker

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Bret Hart

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • Mick Foley

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Triple H

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Kevin Nash

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Razor Ramon/Scott Hall

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • The Giant/The Big Show

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sid Vicious/Justice

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Eddie Guerrero

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Kane

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Scott Steiner

• Chris Jericho

• Randy Savage

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Ric Flair

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
In all seriousness no. 1:

I think Owen was a much bigger deal **in the 90s** than Eddie. Eddie certainly went on to bigger and better things, but he was never used right in WCW and his biggest moments came in the 2000s. Overall, I'd put Owen above Sid too, but since Sid main evented a Mania in the 90s, I'd agree with placing Sid on the list over Owen.

The Canada/USA feud was one of the most interesting, and most well done, programs of the 90s. Highly underrated and overlooked because it didn't last too long (but in that regard, it didn't overstay its welcome either). Owen was a legit star in the 90s. His feuds with Bret and Austin were fantastic, and he really helped Austin get over even more as a babyface. He was also one of the best workers ever (the best Hart, imo). All that said, as big a fan as I am, he wouldn't be on my top 4 even if you included him on the list.

In all seriousness no. 2:

How do you fuck up your own thread/poll title?

It's known as the copy and paste function.

If you used copy/paste, wouldn't they be the same?

I'm just funnin' ya, btw. @PWD is for everyone.

8sTp6vz.jpg

I went with Austin, Taker, HBK, and Hogan, btw. Who were your picks?

In all seriousness no. 1:

I think Owen was a much bigger deal **in the 90s** than Eddie. Eddie certainly went on to bigger and better things, but he was never used right in WCW and his biggest moments came in the 2000s. Overall, I'd put Owen above Sid too, but since Sid main evented a Mania in the 90s, I'd agree with placing Sid on the list over Owen.

The Canada/USA feud was one of the most interesting, and most well done, programs of the 90s. Highly underrated and overlooked because it didn't last too long (but in that regard, it didn't overstay its welcome either). Owen was a legit star in the 90s. His feuds with Bret and Austin were fantastic, and he really helped Austin get over even more as a babyface. He was also one of the best workers ever (the best Hart, imo). All that said, as big a fan as I am, he wouldn't be on my top 4 even if you included him on the list.

In all seriousness no. 2:

How do you fuck up your own thread/poll title?
Bulldog and Owen were more important than Eddie Kane and Jericho in the 90s. Owen was critical in getting both hart and HBK over. Bulldog main evented and was the draw to one of the biggest Live draws and best matches ever aummaerslm 92. This denigrator is bird brain!

Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Kevin Nash
Hulk Hogan

Michaels had an amazing 90's with his title run so I can't exclude him. I thought Nash was awesome as Diesel and then he did really well with the NWO. Hogan was still doing Hogan things but his role in the NWO was critical to me. If it was any other WCW superstar I don't think it works as well. The Undertaker screamed 90's to me and he had a great run in the first half and was dominant going into the 2000's. I wanted to pick Stone Cold as he was huge but I tried to deal with the entire decade. Awesome list and I could easily pick 4 different guys and defend it.

Last edited:
Going to rate my top 4 on who I enjoyed the most instead of who I like the most

American wrestling:
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
Vader

Honorable mentions of guys I enjoyed watching during my childhood: Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, hall, Nash, Roddy Piper, Jericho, Owen Hart, the Rock, British Bulldog and Mr Perfect

Japanese wrestling:
Kobashi
Misawa
Hansen
Kawada

another tough one because there were so many doing so much, almost need to split early and late 90s to do them all justice.

surprised by Takers stats here though.

Hart
Austin
Rock
Big Bad Booty Daddy (personal choice)

Hogan because around 1990-1992 he was still in full classic hulkamania mode, vs Ultimate warrior, sgt slaughter, earthquake, undertaker, sid etc.. to me he had that weird post steroid trial and wcw transition period and he started to drop off from 1993 - 96.. But then has the resurgence in 1996 with the nwo and really put that group on a pedestal it wouldnt have been with anyone else in his leader role.

Shawn michaels for being consistently one of the best workers from 1990-1998. And his 1997/98 he peaked with amazing main event performances along with his heel character and promos being at thier best.

Austin for his peak in the late 90s. He was solid during the early 90s and began to rise in 1996. 1997 was a breakout year and 1998 was when he started drawing and sales records. He gets this nod over the rock eho i left out because rock started in 96 or 97, and really only began gettijg popular in 1998. So je just wasnt around enough of the 90s to pick over the other choices.

Lastly i have bret. Solid early 90s work horse - hart foundstion tag champs, then the ic singles run, then the champ run. Then eventually came into his own in 1997 when his promos got really good. Wcw run lackluster but for the entire decade, just solid. Thats why i chose him over taker for my forth spot.

Austin
Rock
Taker
HBK

Was close to picking Trips, but he didn’t really come into his own until the end of decade.

no disrespect to the deceased, but owen is monumentally overrated wrestler. people forget he spent parts of his prime in a tag team with koko b ware and as the blue blazer. his only time being relevant was because he was related to bret. nobody gave a shit about him whether you care to admit it or not

I voted Bret,Austin,Rock and Savage . Savage/DDP might have been the best feud of the late 90s

Rock
Austin
Hogan
Sting

About sums it up for me. US only at least.

Back