Who Did You Have Winning Tyson Fury VS. Oleksandr Usyk And How Did You Score It? Oleksandr Usyk Won Via Split Decision

WHO DO YOU THINK WON THE FIGHT?

• Tyson Fury

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Oleksandr Usyk

Votes: 174 90.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
I think the universal dislike for Fury is reflected in the 90% poll here on who won

I don’t like him either and I really wanted to

Finding 7 rounds to Fury seems biased. He won 4-7 and maybe rounds 3 &12. I think 114-113 Usyk is as close as you can get it unless you are giving Fury an undeserved round.

I had 115-112 Usyk but 116-111 Usyk is more reasonable than 114-113 Fury IMO.

Usyk won fairly clearly due to the latter half of the fight. He really started to control the fight when he started to let the shots rip. He was landing some heavy blows that really changed the course of the fight. I honestly thought Fury was getting into his groove in the middle half but it seemed to fall apart when Usyk would not go away and was landing heavy artillery. Fury got sloppy and and appeared to fade really.

I feel Fury will not win a rematch albeit I think he has the tools to beat Usyk. Now the '0' has gone and he's made a lot money I'm not sure if Fury will have the same will and drive to win. He's set. Usyk is a seasoned pro and ready to fight at any time. Fury has a far different attitude and to loose of a cannon, may get out of shape and balloon like he normally does but who knows.

It was a great fight and Fury put in a decent performance. Hat's off.

10/7 round, round nine, Usyk beat him badly from every corner of the ring that round any other ref would've stopped the fight, nobody would let Fury take that much damage Fury wasn't defending himself.

10/7 round, round nine, Usyk beat him badly from every corner of the ring that round any other ref would've stopped the fight, nobody would let Fury take that much damage Fury wasn't defending himself.
Round 9 of Usyk-Fury was a straightforward 9-9 imo. Fury did more to win the round, but gets 9 instead of ten for the knockdown. If you watch it again it's more like a slip than anything to me, but whaddya gonna do?

Usyk should have won by KO in round 9. Fury's case wasn't for a standing count. And the count was abnormally long btw.

As for the points, even if you had Fury up two rounds in round 9 (5-3), it becomes even after the 10-8. Than Usyk clearly won 10 and 12, so worst case scenario for Usyk he is up by a point.

Let's make a rematch in the fall.
I hate that about boxing. These refs clearly play favourites.

I had it 5-5 going into the championship rounds, making Usyk ahead one point due to the 10-8. Then the championship rounds were dead even and could have gone either way, so Usyk winning by a small margin seems like the correct result.

I thought the knockdown was the difference. Very close fight. With better corner advice, Fury might have edged it, but his coach didn't offer much help. Actually thought Fury's father gave some solid advice at one point: come forward, land a one-two and grab him. Fury did best when he did that, even though some of his defensive work looked good.

Anyway, congrats to Usyk! Great champion and the p4p best boxer out there for my money.

Usyk won the contest and even more so the fight.

Fury was saved by a lucky mix of ropes, ref, and bell: a few more seconds and it would have likely been a KO, or a different referee and it could have been stopped.

I was surprised by the total delusion of Fury declaring himself the winner during the in ring interview and basically implying a robbery (because Ukraine is at war so judges pity?!) … maybe he was too concussed to understand the silliness of his words … just admit the better man won in the night, give your opponent the due praise, and state that you’ll be back sharper than ever for the rematch.

I don't mind them shouting Usyk the Ukraine pride. Whether it's because of war or not, they show a good fight.
The scoring is disappointing though.

i had it pretty firmly for usyk but plenty of rounds in the first half that you could give to fury. a close fight in the context of the 10-9 must system. usyk got off to a good start with the left, but the rounds were close. fury then looked unstoppable for a couple rounds, and usyk turned the tide, almost stopping fury. i had the last two rounds for usyk but not by a ton. sway a few of the close rounds to fury instead of usyk, and you're looking at a narrow fury win. i just personally found usyk's left hand power shots to be the best shots in many of the close rounds.

Finding 7 rounds to Fury seems biased. He won 4-7 and maybe rounds 3 &12. I think 114-113 Usyk is as close as you can get it unless you are giving Fury an undeserved round.

I had 115-112 Usyk but 116-111 Usyk is more reasonable than 114-113 Fury IMO.
i agree, first and foremost. but that's kind of the danger of using a 10-point must system. you could feasibly argue that either fury or usyk won ALL of the close rounds.

I thought the knockdown was the difference. Very close fight. With better corner advice, Fury might have edged it, but his coach didn't offer much help. Actually thought Fury's father gave some solid advice at one point: come forward, land a one-two and grab him. Fury did best when he did that, even though some of his defensive work looked good.

Anyway, congrats to Usyk! Great champion and the p4p best boxer out there for my money.
i think if fury would have let his hands go a bit earlier, and kept up that sustained body attack (it was working amazing), he could be the undisputed champ right now. maybe he got tired, but he definitely got lazy and let usyk find his confidence and second wind, because fury had basically beaten it out of him by the 7th.

Round 9 of Usyk-Fury was a straightforward 9-9 imo. Fury did more to win the round, but gets 9 instead of ten for the knockdown. If you watch it again it's more like a slip than anything to me, but whaddya gonna do?

{<jordan}

Mr. Muffintop was getting absolutely battered in round 9, any competent ref would have stopped it and it would have been a KO win for Usyk.

Back